My frizz has gone wild!!!

Hi, my curl type is 3b with some 3a, but my hair is so frizzy that you can't even see those pretty curls! Literally, I have a layer of fluff on my head that does'nt go away. I've tried deep- conditioning treatments and millions of moisturizing leave in cremes and gels. Nothing seems to work! I just need HELP! Thanks guys :)

Comments

• crazywavescrazywaves Registered Users Posts: 582
    This probelm during the summer months is what sent me back to silicones. I cant live with that much frizz.

I have added oil sealing as well this summer and that really helps me have great hair days. I use argan oil for my sealing. Its light and dont leave my hair greasy. Just takes a few drops.

I do have to clarify about once a week but I go by how my hair feels.

Frizz for me is not lack of moisture.
  • SempathSempath Registered Users Posts: 22
    Right now I'm using an olive/coconut oil mix under my Cantu Shea leave-in. It seems to work pretty well. Try sectioning your hair and evenly applying product. Gels work great too.
  • CurlyCoilyMeCurlyCoilyMe Registered Users Posts: 130
    Have you tryed a avc rinse, that can help to close the cuticles. And do final rinse with cold water. I see less frizz now. :) Sometimes once a month i also might use a clarifying shampoo instead of doing a rinse with avc.
  • Wavy_Girl1116Wavy_Girl1116 Registered Users Posts: 209
    I know how you feel!!! My hair has been a frizzy poofy mess lately!!! Curse you humidity!!!! /:-p
    Type- 2a
    Texture- Fine
    Porosity- Normal
    Elastisity- Normal
    Density- Medium

CO- Vo5 kiwi lime squeeze, various sauve conditioners, loreal evercurl cleansing co.
    Style- beautiful curls wave enhancing leave-in, pure and clean gel, Shea moisture smoothie
    Techniques- plopping
    CG since- Jan. 15th 2013
  • thecurly1thecurly1 Registered Users Posts: 103
    curl keeper is the only thing that will keep my hair in check and it still wont make it all day! :sunny: gotta love summer dews!
    Armed with the Curl Analyzes!!!
    3b,3c
    texture: Fine
    porosity: Normal
    elasticity: Low

co:wash: V05 kiwi lime, CJDF
    condish: TS avocado and aloe, GPV cond balm, Yes to carrots
    leave in: KCNT
    styling: LOVE FSG.. CK, BRHG, CJCQ KCCC, LaLSG
    protein: CJ rehab
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/members/thecurly1-albums-journey.html
    And yes I'm turning into a PJ :thumbup:
  • sweetas17sweetas17 Registered Users Posts: 143
    I have had trouble with frizz too, but recently remembered that cool water closes the cuticle and that has been working for me. Much less frizz now.
    CG re-joined: 3/15/2012
    2c,3a, (sensitive to protein)
    Cowash: Suave Naturals Coconut, Tresemme Naturals Nourishing Moisture
    RinseOut (rotate): GVP condish balm, Garnier 3X Nutrition, Aubrey Honeysuckle
    Cleansing: KC Come Clean
    Stylers: CK, Biotera gel & cream, HE set me up, Pantene Curl Gel Spray
    Sunscreen: Fairy Tales Coco Cabana Sun Spray
  • curlypearlcurlypearl Registered Users Posts: 12,231 Curl Connoisseur
    Have you tried a protein treatment? I'm one of the few who could never get Curl Keeper to work for me.

A few other suggestions: You might be overconditioned. That also causes frizz!
    Also, whatever products you are using, if after you have scrunched or smoothed or raked them in, take a little extra gel or something like CIAB and graze over the canopy.

Some more suggestions that you might find weird but they work for some people: While your hair is drying, lightly cover with a hairnet or a scarf (emphasis on lightly). That prevents poofing.

Finally, if you have the time and patience, try doing everything one at a time. I mean, clarify your hair, use a little mild conditioner and nothing else! How does your hair look?

Next time use a nonsulfate shampoo or conditioner, a little conditioner (or a little more) and a single product. How does your hair look?

Then try the same thing with a cold rinse and do everything upside down. How does your hair look?

You get the idea. It's frustrating - I've been there! But doing that one thing at a time was the way I finally figured out what worked for me.

Good luck with this - I hope you find a method that makes you happy. :wave:
    2/c Coarse hair med. density.
    Highly porous. Color over grey.
    I love all the Curl Junkie products. Still experimenting with gels and curl creams. Still hoping for 2nd day hair....
    Every day is a gift :flower:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file