How often do you get rid of product build-up?

I deep condition/treat my hair once a week, and I generally like to get rid of product build-up before I DT. This is before I started the CG method. Do I still need to clarify once a week, or less often?

Thanks, ladies.
Armpit length (dry), middle of back wet, 2c/3a, fine, porous, color-over-gray, normal elasticity. Trying so hard to grow it out.
CG since June 2011 and loving it so far.
Product Junkie-love anything CJ. Used to love KT and KCCC, but lately doing nothing for my hair but flattening it.
Am experimenting with products to see what works for me. Seems like I get different results every day even if I use the same products!

Comments

• hippiechic81hippiechic81 Registered Users Posts: 1,239
    It depends on the person really. If you experience a lot of build-up, you'll need to do it more and vice versa. I do it fairly frequently because I have hard water and scalp issues. I do an ACV rinse and sometimes a sulfate wash.
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
  • crazywavescrazywaves Registered Users Posts: 582
    I clarify once a week at least. It really depends on the products you use. I use silicones right now for the summer months. Frizz for me is uncontrolable without them right now.
  • AngryLobsterAngryLobster Registered Users Posts: 37
    I'm every 2-3 weeks, since I don't use any silicones and have very dry hair. I can usually tell I need to clarify if my hair is a little frizzier than normal. I think I get a little build-up from the lotion I use on my hands...
    I wrote a book. It's called Freefly. It's about a girl who can fly and how that's, uh, problematic. Be all wonderful and check that stuff out.
  • SegBSegB Registered Users Posts: 692
    I wash with a sulfate poo once a week and usually will do a protein treatment or deep treatment after (sometimes just DT). This works for me!
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • mamaherreramamaherrera Registered Users Posts: 886 Curl Neophyte
    I use silicones daily as well , it's in my oil sealant. Do you think once a week is enough for clarifying if you use it daily?
    2c
    Medium texture
    Normal porosity
    Normal elasticity
    can get weighed down with lots of oils
    Co-wash-trying giovanni wellness
    Rinse out: Garnier Body Boost, GVP
    Leave-in: none right now, maybe a touch of SM curling souffle
    Curl enhancer: AOMM and KCCC
    Gel: Kiss my face gel
    DT:Jessicurl
    Low Poo: abba pure and natural, Giovanni Wellness