BB Styling Mudd? vs. KCCC

SapphireWingstarSapphireWingstar Registered Users Posts: 381
KCCC has been my staple for years now, and it's still working well but BB's Styling Mudd has piqued my interest. I was wondering if anyone with porous/coarse hair has tried the Mudd and if you've liked or not. And if you could compare with KCCC that would be fantastic as well.

Thanks!
3b/c...or thereabouts.

Album: http://photobucket.com/albums/a119/CrazyCurlyQ/

Password: curlomania
(albums are on the lefthand side)

Comments

• Valeriia.SuaValeriia.Sua Registered Users Posts: 198
    Bump
    My Blog --->http://Curls2Envy.com
    198875_4013445726808_1954068923_n.jpg
  • scrillsscrills Registered Users Posts: 6,700
    What's BB? Bumble and Bumble?
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Registered Users Posts: 1,784 Curl Connoisseur
    scrills wrote: »

Bumble and Bumble is a professional hair line that is sold in Sephora, salons, and certain grocery stores. I've also seen the line in Rite Aid Pharmacies.
    KCCC has been my staple for years now, and it's still working well but BB's Styling Mudd has piqued my interest. I was wondering if anyone with porous/coarse hair has tried the Mudd and if you've liked or not. And if you could compare with KCCC that would be fantastic as well.

Thanks!

I haven't tried the Mudd; but if you're near a Sephora, you can get a sample. Also email or call the company to see if they will send out a sample or a coupon.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
     *This list is not exhaustive...
    CoWash: various
    DT: various
    Leave-in: 100% Mafura butter, Shima Hair Leave-in 
    Stylers: MoroccanOil Curl Defining Cream, various
    Spritz/Sealant:not now
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Registered Users Posts: 717
    scrills wrote: »

BB is Boticcelli Babe. She's one of the users here and she sells the Mudd on her Etsy website. The Mudd is basically a gel made from okra.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Registered Users Posts: 350 Curl Neophyte
    I have not tried BB's mudd, but I do make my own okra gel. I love it. It is much easier to strain than FSG and I get a better hold. If your hair likes KCCC, I would recommend making some okra gel, but instead of boiling the okra in water, boil it in coconut milk. During the winter when my hair needs more moisture this is what I use.
    BB does make some very good products and she would probably make it this way for you and could add anything you like to it.
    I highly recommend her products.
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • AmberBrownAmberBrown Registered Users Posts: 1,072
    I want to try! How "heavy" is it though? I need products that really weigh my hair down to get clumpage. Okra slime has always seemed mighty thin to me....
  • tonsofcurlztonsofcurlz Registered Users Posts: 323 Curl Neophyte
    I have not tried BB's mudd, but I do make my own okra gel. I love it. It is much easier to strain than FSG and I get a better hold. If your hair likes KCCC, I would recommend making some okra gel, but instead of boiling the okra in water, boil it in coconut milk. During the winter when my hair needs more moisture this is what I use.

Do you have a "recipe" for your okra gel that you can share?
    3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
    Low Poos:
    MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
    Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
    Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
    Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte

Do you have a "recipe" for your okra gel that you can share?

Here's what I think is the original thread about okra gel. It should have links to the recipe and lots of comments. http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/125751-okra-gel-whos-gone-crazy.html?highlight=Okra+Gel
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CurlyFireHorseCurlyFireHorse Registered Users Posts: 350 Curl Neophyte
    I take a small sauce pan, fill it about 1/3 to 1/2 full of water or coconut milk, add 1/2 bag of frozen sliced okra and let it simmer about 20-30 minutes. Then i strain it. Sometimes I add honey, lemon EO, avocado oil, mag sulfate, etc. or nothing, all depends on weather conditions.
    It is a thin gel, I add pectin if I want to thicken it, or 3 parts okra gel to one part regular gel if i want something with a harder hold.
    I do not add any preservatives, but it freezes very well. I pour it into an ice cube tray, then put the okra ice cubes in a plastic bag. 5 cubes lasts me about 3 washes. I just throw the plastic bag in the bottom of the shower while I bathe and it is melted by the time I need it.
    HTH
    CurlyFireHorse
    Hair: 2a or 3a (not sure), very porous and fine as frog hair
    Day 1: Cowash and condition with AO GPB, ACV Rinse,
    Co-Kra gel (this stuff is fantastic)

Day 2: KCKT, KCCC, plop, KCCC, plop again, air dry
    Day 3: Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Coil Jam
    Day 4: IAGirl's PT, KBB DT, FSG

Co-Kra gel is my own concoction of okra boiled in coconut milk. It is a cross between FSG and KCCC and leaves my hair very soft and shiny
  • tonsofcurlztonsofcurlz Registered Users Posts: 323 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks to you both! I remembered the original thread but I didn't think directions were included. I need to try it.
    3b, fine texture, low to normal porosity
    Low Poos:
    MOP C Hydrating, JC HCC, Ion Swimmer's Poo
    Condish: GVP Balm, Kenra, Tigi Oatmeal/Honey, DE Coconut
    Leave-In: BWC, Abba Gentle, KBB Nectar, GFTN
    Stylers: CJ AF/CIAB, SS CEJ/FHG, QCCC, Komaza Puddings, EW SAJ or Alba Soft Curl w/KKSS, Kenra, Homemade FSG, AOMM, CK/QB HTSG

Save $5 off your first order at http://www.iherb.com. Use discount code: SOF540.
  • kathymackkathymack Registered Users Posts: 9,999 Curl Neophyte
    Biggest problem now is finding okra/frozen okra. Forget whose advice it was, but I got it at Walmart after not being able to find it at any of the other grocery stores.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file