Use ACV or baking soda before DT?

I deep condition once a week. Should I use ACV or baking soda before I do a DT? Or do I rinse with the ACV after? Also, can I mix the baking soda with my shampoo before I DT so it removes more of the product buildup, or is this necessary?
Armpit length (dry), middle of back wet, 2c/3a, fine, porous, color-over-gray, normal elasticity. Trying so hard to grow it out.
CG since June 2011 and loving it so far.
Product Junkie-love anything CJ. Used to love KT and KCCC, but lately doing nothing for my hair but flattening it.
Am experimenting with products to see what works for me. Seems like I get different results every day even if I use the same products!

Comments

• RustinaRustina Registered Users Posts: 894 Curl Neophyte
    There is some controversy about whether baking soda and ACV really do what they are purported to do, which is open and close the cuticle, respectively. But if you want to try it to see if it makes a difference, you should use the baking soda before the DT and the ACV after. I tried it a few times, and I mixed the baking soda in with my co-wash, then rinsed, squeezed as much water as possible out of my hair, then applied my DT. After I rinsed the DT out, I applied the ACV solution. Some people like to rinse after that, too, but I didn't find that necessary. Apply leave-in and/or styling products and style as usual.

Good luck!
    Sulfate/non-water-soluble silicone free since 8/16/10
    Northern VA
    Med-coarse, normal porosity, low elasticity
    Dye-free since 11/2010

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file