Hmmm... To loc or not to loc???

LadyRaeLadyRae Posts: 160Registered Users
My hair's two year anniversary is gonna be July 21 :occasion2:

But... Lately I've been getting REALLY frustrated with my hair... :angry1:

Locs have popped into my head a few times, usually whenever I see a picture a woman with really nice ones. And I think Applesandmustard and Chescalocs on youtube have nice dreads also.

I don't want to jump right into it, though, because that's a lot of commitment. Once I loc my hair, there's no turning back. I know I don't want to ever perm my hair again, but I'm not sure if I really want dreads, or if it's just the frustration toward my hair starting to get to me...

I'd love the opinions of the NCC :hello2:
CoMpLeTeLy NaPpTuRaL SiNcE 7/21/09:headbang:

:scratch:Still figuring things out...Help Wanted

Come to my planet(Not really about hair, but still worth a visit!)!

http://www.ohsolovelyrae.tumblr.com

Comments

• LadyRaeLadyRae Posts: 160Registered Users
    My hair is also kinda in an awkward stage right now, and it doesn't really feel like it's growing to me..
    CoMpLeTeLy NaPpTuRaL SiNcE 7/21/09:headbang:

:scratch:Still figuring things out...Help Wanted

Come to my planet(Not really about hair, but still worth a visit!)!

http://www.ohsolovelyrae.tumblr.com
  • BAMABAMA Posts: 5Registered Users
    If u do decide to get dreads, u could start with a two strand twist, dat wut I did n im 5 months old into my locs n they r finally locking up, so try the two strand first, if u dont like it take it out, otherwise continue wit journey

Sent from my M9300 using CurlTalk App
  • P.P.P.P. Posts: 1,617Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    i know it's blasphemy to some ppl but you could also get loc extensions. like with the afro bulk human hair. try it and if it's a no-go you can bail and take them out.

if you love it and don't have any strong feelings against extensions, you can leave them and latch hook your new growth.

... if you're unsure about having the foreign hair permanently you could also cut away the added hair as yours grows out.

i started one set of mine that way and don't regret it. The twists and coils just wouldn't stay in and I had a mess. The fake hair provides a type of scaffolding.
    True realism consists in revealing the surprising things
    which habit keeps covered and prevents us from seeing.
    - Jean Cocteau

scaled.php?server=707&filename=superwhymainimage.jpg&res=landing <---Fotki photo albums
  • BAMABAMA Posts: 5Registered Users
    It is a gud idea, but I just cant do it bcuz Imma kno I got fake hair on head, tho they might look or feel legit, they fake, if u stick wit the all natural way in the end u will be proud of yourself :)

Sent from my M9300 using CurlTalk App
  • AllieCat0817AllieCat0817 Posts: 301Registered Users
    I have considered locking too. And I never even THOUGHT about loc extensions. Never knew it was a possibility. And cutting it off as they grow sounds great too. NOW I'm thinking!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file