CurlTalk

coco betaine remove hard water build up?

afrochickafrochick Posts: 235Registered Users
I have hard water build up and wanted to know if I need to buy a shampoo with EDTA or sulfates in order to remove it. I don't want to be too harsh on my hair so will using a shampoo with just coco betaine do the trick?
3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel

Comments

• gagirl09gagirl09 Posts: 2,316Registered Users
    SCORE!!! I just posted this on my blog on this today (lmao). You want to use something with an EDTA or these
    *HEDTA
    *Oxalic Acid
    *Potassium Citrate
    *Sodium Citrate
    *Sodium Citrate
    *Sodium Oxlate
    *TEA-EDTA
    *Trisodium EDTA
    *Trisodium HEDTA
    Essentially these chelate hair and are able to get in the hair shaft whereas cocobetaine attacks the surface more than anything.
    You may want to get a water filter for your shower you can get one at home depot
    Last relaxer: Nov. 24, 2008
    BC: December 19, 2009
    Products: Whatever works!
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
    Ion Hard water shampoo at Sally's. I use it once a month.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
  • afrochickafrochick Posts: 235Registered Users
    Thank you! Yeah, I just bought a water filter but it doesn't seem to be doing much. I'll buy another one when it's time.
    Also, there isn't a Sally's near me. Can anyone recommend something that can be found at CVS, Walgreens, or just a product that would be easy to find?
    3c/4a, hooray!

Beloved Products:
    Condish:Naturelle Grow Herbal Blends (Deep Treatment), Garnier length and strength
    Cleansers:Bee Mine Moisturizing Botanicals Shampoo, Jessicurl Gentle Lather Shampoo
    Style:Darcy's Botanicals Sweet Cocoa Bean Moisturizing Hair Whip, Aussie Instant Freeze Gel