We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

any suggestions for a heavy conditioner?

princesspieprincesspie Posts: 94Registered Users
so my MOP Mixed Greens (loved it) is running out and I tried Natralia Nourish Avocado and Jojoba. It was good at first but over the last week my hair has been looking a lot drier.

Does anyone have any recommendations for heavy/moisturising conditioner besides MOP? Preferably something that's easy to find...
Hair Type: Fine, 3a
Cond/LI: MOP Mixed Greens
Styler: IGA Gel
Oil: Coconut
Overall: Just likes a bit of TLC

:love5:

Comments

• SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Have you tried MOP Extreme Moisture? I got a tube at Marshalls and really like it.
    My blog - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fsuburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com%2F" class="Popup
    My FOTKI - /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwhatsnew.fotki.com%2Fsuburbanbushbabe%2F" class="Popup
    comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
    Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.
  • princesspieprincesspie Posts: 94Registered Users
    He he... "extreme" sounds like what I need! Thanks, will give it a go.

• curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    perhaps try ... biolage conditioning balm or aubrey organic Honeysuckle rose (if you're hair likes oils). Mind you i find these too heavy to use too regulary because my hair is fine
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlywurlygurly%2F" class="Popup
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.
  • RobinP92202RobinP92202 Posts: 213Registered Users
    I love the honeysuckle rose conditioner. It is very heavy in a deeply moisturizing kind of way.

Sent from my Ally using CurlTalk App
    Robin
    *mama to 3 little boys and a 4th due in early March
    *3a shoulder length curls
    *experimenting with the CG method
    Cool thanks.

I had tried the AOHR a few years ago and found it made my hair greasy. I just couldn't get it all out. :(

The Biolage balm sounds good. Will have a look for it next time I'm shopping.

I just read this article about winter and protein which would explain why the Natralia Nourish didn't work for me. My hair must be wanting more moisture and less protein.

• littlestarletlittlestarlet Posts: 36Registered Users
    another vote for the biolage balm it's pretty good stuff

I haven't tried the aubrey organics conditioner though i might have to give that a go
    3b in australia
  • AmdaAmda Posts: 251Registered Users
    Another vote for Biolage Conditioning Balm - pricey, but worth it. Where's everyone getting the Aubrey Organics from? All this time I thought it was only sold in America.
    Fine and thin 2C in Australia
    You can get it in Melbourne from

Prahran Health Foods
    201 Commercial Rd, Prahran, VIC 3181
    Ph: (03) 9827 5983

They don't always have all AO products in stock but if you call up they'll tell you if they have what you're looking for and put it aside for you.

• curlywurlygurlycurlywurlygurly Posts: 1,180Registered Users
    There is an Australian supplier of AO here
    i found the conditioners too "oily" though their protein one was decent.. enough moisture and protein.
    2 something Australian :toothy4:

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlywurlygurly%2F" class="Popup
    pw:aussie

Aiming to grow hair to waist from buzz cut - slowly but surely.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file