CurlTalk

1 year of transitioning & its getting harder

jaemariiejaemariie Posts: 1Registered Users
When i first started transitioning it was easy but as i started transitioning longer it started to get hard i cnt find the right shampoo or conditioner & i think I'm 4b & i wear weaves alot because i dnt know how to blend the 2 textures & its really thick i just really need some insight because i dnt know what to do

Comments

• Naturally1908Naturally1908 Posts: 56Registered Users
    Might I suggest you go with my more curly or wavy hair styles. When I was transitioning, I did lots of rod sets or braid outs. They worked well with blending my two textures together. Flexirods are are a great way to get a curly style that blends both textures. IF you have the patience, consider getting a straw set. It's lasts for a long time.

In regards to shampoo and conditioner..

I would say try a moisturizing shampoo, Shea Moisture is great and Aussie makes a good one. Then make sure you use a moisturizing conditioner and deep conditioner. I like Herbal Essence Hello Hydration. Transitioning hair is very dry so any and all moisture you add to it is best.
    Monique - Natural Hair Advocate - Blogger
    Proud Member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc
    I tweet! www.twitter.com/naturally1908
    I blog! www.naturalandfab.com

event.png

event.png

[/CENTER]
  • virgo138virgo138 Banned Posts: 52Banned Users
    A YEAR?! Is your Natural hair not long enough to put in a ponytail or shoulder length yet? Most ppl will cut off the rest of the relaxed ends once it's that long.

But anyway, I suggest you watch some hair tutorials by Naturals with type 4 hair. Also try Hello Hydration shampoo & conditioner, it will moisturize really good & detangle your hair.
  • PopMamiPopMami Posts: 12Registered Users
    I love love love Cantue Shea Butter Leave-in conditioner. It does very very well defining my curls. Cantu products are just great in my opinion. I plan to try them all.