CurlTalk

Straighten after a year

NaturalSassENaturalSassE Posts: 125Registered Users
I've been natural 4 a year June 21!
I started off with an inch of hair now I'm almost shoulder length (top of shoulder)
I want to c how long it is by straightening problem? I'm have a curl pattern 2 die 4 and my hubby loves it!! He is scares my curl pattern will be ruined!
And me 2!
Any suggestions
Taking the Napptural World By Storm
Bc'd June 21, 2010

Comments

• Curly-AsianCurly-Asian Posts: 104Registered Users
    Use a good heat protector before you straighten. And after you straighten it, deep condition your hair.

One time straightening shouldn't damage your hair too badly. Just protect your hair as much as you can with the heat protectant and then when you wash your hair following with a deep conditioner.
  • CurlyshurlyCurlyshurly Posts: 6Registered Users
    Congrats on the hair growth! Nd I just started going natural it before I did i straightened my hair with a flat iron. If you use a ceramic one it'll be healthier. Also using a flat iron isn't any kind of permanent chemical so as soon as you wash it it should go back to normal.
    Good luck!
  • NaturalSassENaturalSassE Posts: 125Registered Users
    Use a good heat protector before you straighten. And after you straighten it, deep condition your hair.

One time straightening shouldn't damage your hair too badly. Just protect your hair as much as you can with the heat protectant and then when you wash your hair following with a deep conditioner.

Thank you what kind of protectant do u recommend?

A curl pattern 2 die 4!!!
    Taking the Napptural World By Storm
    Bc'd June 21, 2010