Brief Review of QOD Max and why I stopped :(

TriMixDivaTriMixDiva Registered Users Posts: 255
I started doing the QOD max gold treatments july 2010. My hair was AMAZZIINNGG. I could dance all night and sweat and no curls would pop up. I continued the treatments every couple months or so but started noticing a few things. The application process was fumey and made me tear up but it was normal I knew. My hair gets really nappy at the roots as the natural hair grows out. Something about the treatment back there makes it really nap up in the middle/back of my head. I went through periods where I lost more or less hair. I realized when I put the treatment ON my scalp I would lose hair but it would all be silky root to tip for a while. But when I started the treatment a quarter inch off the root I would lose less hair but it would be nappy and/or slightly curly at root. I started getting headaches and sensitivity in my nose. I read about girls getting migraines and nose bleeds and figured its probably time to stop.

So now its growing out and theres a definite line of demarcation because A) I used treatment alot, and B) I flat ironed alot so most of my hair doesn't get as curly. Its a 3A/3B, and 3C roots are coming in :)
TYPE: 3C
Current State: Just bc'd but still growing out heat damage in the front that goes to the root
High Density, Medium Porosity
Length: Grazing SL curly with tons of layers
Goal: MBL curly? 2019?
Doing what I want when I want!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file