CurlTalk

Do u prefer glycerin to honeyquat?

alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users
Seems like my hair does. The honeyquat does soften but glycerin of the same amount leaves a silkier and seemingly more moisturized feel. I'm surprised due to the claims that honeyquat is 2 times more moisturizing. I did notice though that after hq has been in my hair for a day or two my hair feels marvelous upon rinse out. This however could be a fluke.

Anyway has anyone gone back to good ole glycerin after trying honeyquat?
Album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs136.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq165%2Falsaxon%2FHair%2F" class="Popup

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

Comments

• AlikaIssaAlikaIssa Banned Posts: 339Banned Users
    I don't think that Honeyquat (INCI name Hydroxypropyltrimonium Honey) is comparable to glycerin as they have different functions

According to Cosing Honeyquat conditions the hair and helps to remove static build up: CosIng - Cosmetics - Health and Consumers - European Commission: Ingredient/Substance Details

Honeyquat helps to keep the hair moisturised by binding moisture to the hair. However, unlike glycerin, Honeyquat is not a humectant so it does not attract moisture from the air.

In my opinion glycerin is more effective at keeping the hair moisturised than Honeyquat.

ETA - I use glycerin and Honeyquat for different purposes. I use Honeyquat in my homemade DC's while I use glycerin in my homemade moisturising sprays.
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    Also honeyquat is cationic and glycerin is not

I find a mix of both is good
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • alsaxonalsaxon Posts: 734Registered Users
    coilynapp wrote: »
    Also honeyquat is cationic and glycerin is not

I find a mix of both is good
    I was thinking of mixing them but didn't know if there was any point to it. Cationic? That just means that honeyquat binds to the hair and glycerin doesn't right?
    Album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fs136.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fq165%2Falsaxon%2FHair%2F" class="Popup

"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." --- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
  • coilynappcoilynapp Posts: 4,233Registered Users
    yep!

If you use both, you are able to trap some glycerin in there too!
    th?id=H.4940802350254088&pid=1.7&w=183&h=144&c=7&rs=1
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    I just bought some Honeyquat recently and just haven't been blown away yet by the moisture. I was expecting "super" glycerin I guess. I was wondering if should mix the two and I will. Thanks!
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL