Transitioning w/o Braids

mmoise76mmoise76 Posts: 12Registered Users
question has anyone transitioned without putting in braids and by just doing the other protective styles? I don't want to or have the patience to sit for braids

Comments

• EdenRoseEdenRose Posts: 181Registered Users
    I've tried twist outs and bantu knots before i cut my hair a little shorter (not b/c)i know ponytails and buns work well. how long is you're hair if you don't mind me asking and how long do you want to transition?
    https://twitter.com/Lov3Revolution

Last Relaxer-March 2011
    :occasion2:BC- 7-11-2011
    When you get the choice to sit out or dance, I hope you dance <3

Hair Type: ?
    Tons of whirls and curls and coils on my head. My hair's sometimes my best friend and other times we're at odds. But either way it's curls to the end. No need for a relaxer cause there's no reason to stress, my tresses are at their best
    :wav:

Length goal : Shoulder Length :)

• IAmJordanNicoleIAmJordanNicole Posts: 784Registered Users
    I've been transitioning for a about 11 months. No braids because they tend to damage my hair. I usually wear a bun or ponytail but now since my hair is getting longer and I have a lot of natural hair, I can usually manipulate my relaxed hair to curl with some gel and a diffuser.
  • mmoise76mmoise76 Posts: 12Registered Users
    EdenRose wrote: »
    I've tried twist outs and bantu knots before i cut my hair a little shorter (not b/c)i know ponytails and buns work well. how long is you're hair if you don't mind me asking and how long do you want to transition?

My hair is an inch or two past my shoulders and I have at least 3 inches of new growth. This week I did Bantu Knots and let them out. So far so good next week I will do flat twist and let them out. I plan on transitioning at lest a year. Thanks for the advice.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file