We’d like your help getting CurlTalk back on its feet!

By participating on CurlTalk — posting, commenting, liking — in the next few weeks, you will automatically be entered to win amazing prizes.

Our latest winner is Savagegirl!

CurlyCanadian, Bomega and EllaJ have also won wonderful prizes! Will you be next? Post, like, comment, GET ACTIVE and help us get CurlTalk ENERGIZED again!

Learn more!

Looks like Next Disney Princess will be a Curly :)

3294life3294life Posts: 23Registered Users
Not really a shameful thing at all, but check out this still from Pixar's "Brave", coming out next year
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.hollywood.com%2Fsite%2FBrave.jpg" class="Popup
Blonde (pic looks dark due to lighting), Fine, 3b (with a little 3c)

Comments

• GeminiSignGeminiSign Posts: 156Registered Users
    :^O wow she's gorgeous! I love red headed curlies :0)
    Woo!! I did the Big Chop!

:wav:

I didn't like it at first, but now I pretty much love it. :] I'm currently protective styling to get to shoulder length ASAP, so I don't get to enjoy it that much :dontknow:

• The Spiral QueenThe Spiral Queen Posts: 54Registered Users
    Lol. Disney finally makes a curly, and of course they make one that has the same hair as me. ;-;
  • triple_spiraltriple_spiral Posts: 249Registered Users
    Ok....I'm officially impressed - it looks like someone put in some real work to make her hair look like that! The different size curls, it looks soft...very nice. Does anyone know if this is based off a fairy tale/story and which one?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4a?? Maybe 3c...some 4b??? No clue

tiny s-waves, coils, and spirals

- Cleanser: CJ Daily Fix or KC Come Clean
    - Co-wash: Suave Naturals or V05
    - RO: GVP Conditioning Balm or Tresemme Naturals
    -Stylers: Garnier Pure Clean Gel, CJ Aloe Fix, KCCC

"I remember your childhood hair....flowin' wild at the county fair" - kelley stoltz

"and all the hours that you've been sitting at your vanity....may they carry you far from your misery" - conor oberst
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
    Ooh she's cute!
    Short story: Scottish princess, wants to shoot her bow.
    Brave (2012) - IMDb
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • KookyCurlKookyCurl Posts: 1,980Registered Users
    While I do like her hair and it's culturally appropriate as most Scottish damsels are depicted with red curls, I'm actually more impressed they are casting a lot of actual Scots and Brits to do the voices rather than American actors putting on accents.

Not that accent acting is necessarily bad, it just lends more credence if the cast doesn't sound like caricatures.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    RCC curls!:headbang:
  • curlyberrycurlyberry Posts: 549Registered Users
    Ok....I'm officially impressed - it looks like someone put in some real work to make her hair look like that! The different size curls, it looks soft...very nice. Does anyone know if this is based off a fairy tale/story and which one?

I believe this one is an original. :)

I looove Pixar, and I am totally excited for this movie. Just one more year!
    Type 4, fine/high density, high porosity
    Last Relaxer - March '11
    BC - August '11

Fall/Winter PRODUCTS

Clarifier - Paul Mitchell Three Low-poos - BoBeam Conditioners - TJ Nourish Spa, CJRM!, Co-Wash - N/A, Leave-Ins - N/A, Moisturizers - Afroveda Coco Latte, QBCTDG, CR Moisture Butter, Sealants/Stylers - Any BASK butters and creams, Jane Carter N&S, QBATB
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    I want to know her hair routine.
  • Wavy_Girl1116Wavy_Girl1116 Posts: 209Registered Users
    I wonder if she follows the CG method?? :-D
    Type- 2a
    Texture- Fine
    Porosity- Normal
    Elastisity- Normal
    Density- Medium

CO- Vo5 kiwi lime squeeze, various sauve conditioners, loreal evercurl cleansing co.
    Style- beautiful curls wave enhancing leave-in, pure and clean gel, Shea moisture smoothie
    Techniques- plopping
    CG since- Jan. 15th 2013
  • lovely_eirenelovely_eirene Posts: 48Registered Users
    I saw this just yesterday, how cool! It must be super hard work to animate curly hair, so I'm surprised (and happy) they chose it. And a redhead, too! :D

Also sounds like a great story - I love feisty heroines <3
    Fine 3c type, loves protein. BS length when straight, aiming for BS length when curly!
  • missbanjomissbanjo Posts: 3,088Registered Users
    She got an NC.com write-up today! With a teaser-trailer.
    Pixar Embraces Curly Hair With "Brave" | NaturallyCurly.com
    Southern Colorado Curly
    Mix of 2s med-low porosity, med-fine texture, lots of hair
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    Dedachan wrote: »
    I want to know her hair routine.
    Me, too!
    Her curls are so bouncy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.twitter.com%2Fkurleeedna" class="Popup
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 9,001Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    We'll have to have a "Brave" release countdown and party! Finally, Disney portraying curly hair in a positive light!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • smashleighfigsmashleighfig Posts: 83Registered Users
    Is it sad that I got really excited when seeing this post? haha
    Ashleigh Elizabeth
    CG Since 7/2/2011
    In Between 2c & 3a
    CO WASH- Suave Naturals
    CONDISH- Sally's Generic value products conditioning balm
    LEAVE IN- KCKT
    STYLE- Ice Queen method
    GELS- LA Looks Absolute styling sport // IC hair polisher styling gel with sparkle lites
    HG- KCC = AMAZING! My secret weapon!
    FINISH- Plop // Pixiecurl diffuser method (on occasion)
    Learning To Embrace My Curls!
    :sunny:
  • DedachanDedachan Posts: 1,644Registered Users
    I bet when the DVD comes out, the behind the scenes extra will feature a whole segment with the animators discussing the challenges of creating her hair. Should be fun to watch. I think the choice for curly hair might reflect the change in how curly hair is being perceived, but also the fact that 3D animators are always looking for the next big challenge as far as creating textures goes.

I don't think - and I hope I'm right - they will straighten her hair in the end. It's too beautiful for anyone to want to mess with it. And why go through all the trouble of creating those curls if they thought straight hair was better?
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    I LOVE REDHEADS. AND HER CURLS.

I am geeking out. This is awesome.
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    Gretchen wrote: »
    We'll have to have a "Brave" release countdown and party! Finally, Disney portraying curly hair in a positive light!

I'd dress in costume for that, lol.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • MissBethanyNoelMissBethanyNoel Posts: 2Registered Users
    How sweet! I can't wait for that one! It always bugged me how all of the princesses had "perfect" strait hair. I know some little girls who will like having curly more after this movie :icon_smile:
  • supersoupsupersoup Posts: 50Registered Users
    This looks amazing, I love, love, love Pixar! *in a happy place :toothy8:* Pixar always seems to know the perfect way to buck tradition and take their movies to the next level, and I predict this will be no different. And judging by the trailer the visuals are absolutely stunning!
    Hair type: 3a (Botticelli)

First DevaCut on 8/10/11 and my hair looks great!

Products:
    DevaCurl No Poo
    DevaCurl One Condition
    Suave EverSleek DT
    Still trying to find the perfect styling routine using AnGel, LA Looks Sport, and FOTE AVG.
    Just purchased KCCC and excited to test it out!
  • KillaKween13KillaKween13 Posts: 13Registered Users
    Yaye! It's about time :)
  • AriodanteAriodante Posts: 19Registered Users
    Absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait :)
    Sissy <3
    3A Curls
    Texture: Fine
    Porosity: Normal
    Celebrity hair twin: Vanessa Hudgens
    “Humanity is a parade of fools, and I am at the front of it, twirling a baton.” -Dean Koontz

:glasses7:
  • VerityVerity Posts: 616Registered Users
    FINALLY!!!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,677Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Gretchen wrote: »

I'd dress in costume for that, lol.
    I thought of you immediately, rcc. :thumbright:
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users
    a) Ooooooooh! It looks good!
    b) Aww man! Summer 2012 is ages away!
    c) I do love the Scottish (gentle Edinburgh-type) accent on men. Mmmm!
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • unique87unique87 Posts: 71Registered Users
    Is it sad that I got really excited when seeing this post? haha

No it's not I got excited also! I love it and can't wait to see the movie when it comes out.
    coarse, thick, fine, low porosity

currently using:

Shampoo: Creme of Nature (red bottle) 2-3 times a week

Leave In: Givonnia Lustra Silk Shea and Mango

Gel: biotera gel, AOMM gel, Loreal Tightly Wound Gel, L'Oreal Melting Gel
  • KurlyPrincessKurlyPrincess Posts: 1,847Registered Users
    coolness!
    <3 Our love is like the wind; I can't see it. But I can feel it. <3
  • Kurlygirly0204Kurlygirly0204 Posts: 50Registered Users
    I bet when the DVD comes out, the behind the scenes extra will feature a whole segment with the animators discussing the challenges of creating her hair. Should be fun to watch. I think the choice for curly hair might reflect the change in how curly hair is being perceived, but also the fact that 3D animators are always looking for the next big challenge as far as creating textures goes.

I don't think - and I hope I'm right - they will straighten her hair in the end. It's too beautiful for anyone to want to mess with it. And why go through all the trouble of creating those curls if they thought straight hair was better?

Yeah usually in the end of disney princess movies the princess gets married and she changes her look. I would be so mad if pixar makes her look "prettier" for her wedding but straightening it. :(
  • dummeeuledummeeule Posts: 11Registered Users

Yeah usually in the end of disney princess movies the princess gets married and she changes her look. I would be so mad if pixar makes her look "prettier" for her wedding but straightening it. :(

They said this movie has no Prince Charming. It's supposed to focus on a mother and daughter relationship instead of romance (which is exciting). That's what I read. And I don't know how they will straighten her hair if it's set in the medieval times. Plus I believe curls were fashionable back then. I'm glad they gave her curls. They look so natural and I love the character designs.
    :mrgreen:
    I'm never using chemicals on my hair again.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • veezorveezor Posts: 42Registered Users
    I just saw that trailer and was AMAZED at the beautiful detail of the hair. They say that hair was the BIGGEST challenge when it came to CGing human beings and this really proves not only how far they've come, but how dedicated they've got to be to show off a curly haired girl since it must have been MUCH more time consuming.

Kudos, Disney!
  • SmoochSmooch Posts: 51Registered Users
    Met her at Disney last week. She was adorable!

I can't wait till the movie comes out :)

I also have yet to see The Princess and the Frog. :/

p.s. I'm the girl standing next to her, my boyfriend is in the red shirt and our friend to my left, if anyone's wondering.
    3 a/b. Dark-medium brown.
    Natural products: eggs, lemon juice, honey, aloe vera gel. Cone free stylers.
    Suave and VO5!!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file