Is it safe!?

Curlgurl515Curlgurl515 Registered Users Posts: 83
Hey(: I have been thinking about getting the keratin treatment. Is the chemicals in it bad for you? Also, for those of you that got it, did it work?
Please let me know! I'm curious!(:

Comments

• Curlgurl515Curlgurl515 Registered Users Posts: 83
    Hey guys, still wondering! Some responses would be nice(:
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Registered Users Posts: 714
    I don't think you're getting any responses, because (besides it being so expensive), so many women wouldn't expose themselves to the possible harmful effects of Keratin Treatments / Brazilian Blowouts.

I happened to come across this blog about a stylist that was doing Brazilian Blowouts. Sounds scary to me! :shock:

Toxic: A hairstylist’s story of formaldehyde poisoning | Tousled

This may be an extreme case, and may not happen that often.

However, if you really want to do this, I've read there are safer low-formaldehyde or formaldehyde-free Keratin Treatments. (But, truthfully, I don't really know, because I wouldn't do it myself.) Please research the salons, their products and their procedures CAREFULLY before making your decision.

Let us know what you find in your research and what you decide to do.

Hope this helps! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    I've had both the Coppola Keratin Treatment and the Brazilian Blowout Treatment. The Coppola was really good, but it only lasted on me for 2 months, probably because I wash it daily. Also, I had no frizz - a big plus. My hair is naturally wavy/curly - 2b/c. My hair was about a 2a after the treatment.

I just got the Brazilian Blowout done 2 weeks ago, and my hair is poker straight!! I never thought I'd say this, but it's almost too straight!! But, the great thing is that I can just let it air-dry and I'll get a little beachy-wave with no frizz!!

I liked both treatments, but my hair seems much straighter with the BB. It's great being able to go out in 90 degrees without getting frizz!!

Also, I had the Keratin Smooth done back in April. It was terrible. It left my hair more curly and frizzy than ever.

The Coppola and the BB definitely worked on my fine/thin/2b hair-type, although everyone's hair is different. As for being safe - I don't think that you really have to worry if you only have it done once in a while. My eyes burned very little during both processes. I think that the stylists are the ones that are more exposed to it. I get it done only about 2 times/year, so I'm not really worried as of now.

BTW - the one benefit of the BB is that you don't have to wait the 3 days after you have it done to wash it.
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file