CurlTalk

Dominican Products

ShondadiniShondadini Posts: 205Registered Users
I've been using Lacio Lacio leave in for the past year and love it. Is anyone else using or has used any Dominican products that they love?

Comments

• greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users
    Being that i'm on and always have been on the northern west coast, I never had access to anything Dominican. I would love to try some of their products at a certain point though. Maybe next time I go to NYC...

Do you order online or purchase on the ground?
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • afrodominican1afrodominican1 Posts: 650Registered Users
    I love Dominican products. I use the silicon mix proteina de perla, crece pelo, and la bomba crema de aguacate sets. I love the shine and softess I get from the products. I buy mine from roundbrushhair.com.
    BC: 2/16/08
    Second BC: 12/22/10
    Dreads!!! 2/16/2014
    Third BC:3/22/16
    Goal Length: waist length

Princess Tiara, Guardian of the Crystal Heart of the Indigo Seas, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • ShondadiniShondadini Posts: 205Registered Users
    I usually get mine online at amazon but sometime I buy from the Dominican salon I visit (Thank God theres one in area!)
  • AllieCat0817AllieCat0817 Posts: 301Registered Users
    I love Silicon Mix but don't use it too often because of the protein. I probably need to use some now!

I've tried other stuff including Lacio Lacio... not really lovin anything else but Silicon Mix. I think alot of the Dominican conditioners and DTs have mineral oil and or petrolatum... including Silicon Mix if I'm not mistaken. Its still good stuff though.
  • projectdanielleprojectdanielle Posts: 545Registered Users
    I like Silicon Mix Bambu and Melinee Con Keratina.
    Danielle
    Blog: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.projectdanielle.com" class="Popup
    Low Porosity, Medium Texture, Color-Treated
    Last relaxer: 12/09 and BC: 2/19/10

PJ Status = Currently MIA
  • ajnaajna Posts: 494Registered Users
    I used to love silicon mix! Sometimes it would leave my hair dry so I used to add coconut oil to it when I would style it.

Another product I used to use is Salem or salerm?? It was a deep conditioner.

Did they improve the smell of Lacio Lacio man that used to be the worst.

Anyway due to the mineral oil and the cones I stopped using all of them but at the time it did work.
  • afrodominican1afrodominican1 Posts: 650Registered Users
    They still have mineral oil or some form of petro. Im not that strict with my products anymore. Salerm is the bomb. I can't believe I forgot about that one.
    BC: 2/16/08
    Second BC: 12/22/10
    Dreads!!! 2/16/2014
    Third BC:3/22/16
    Goal Length: waist length

Princess Tiara, Guardian of the Crystal Heart of the Indigo Seas, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • ShondadiniShondadini Posts: 205Registered Users
    I love the smell of the Lacio Lacio but I don't know if it's changed but it doesnt have any mineral oil in it. I have been hearing alot about salerm so I would like to give it a try. Also when I got my Lacio Lacio from amazon the seller sent me some samples of baba de caracol and chocolacio so when I take my braids down I'm gonna see what those are about I <3 freebies