Fragrance Enhancer?

GizzerGazGizzerGaz Registered Users Posts: 3
I have a really hard time with 2nd day hair mostly because of smell. I really hate the smell of unclean hair, and I have a really sensitive nose. Anyone have any good fragrance recipes that will revitalize curls and give a nice scent?
Or maybe is this something that will decrease as I go on with CG?
Mod CG: June 21, 2011
Fia: 2b, m, ii

Co-Wash: VO5 Kiwi Lime
Condish: Tresseme Naturals Moisturizing
Low-Poo: Forget the name, every other day
Styling: Aussie Instant Freeze Sculpting Mousse

Hoping to find my perfect match!

Comments

• RusycurlyRusycurly Registered Users Posts: 717
    GizzerGaz wrote: »
    I have a really hard time with 2nd day hair mostly because of smell. I really hate the smell of unclean hair, and I have a really sensitive nose. Anyone have any good fragrance recipes that will revitalize curls and give a nice scent?
    Or maybe is this something that will decrease as I go on with CG?

Some people make spritzer with water and a couple of drops of lavender oil. If you don't feel like making it yourself Deva's Mist-er Right serves the same purpose.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • CeriCeri Registered Users Posts: 142
    If you just want some hair perfume this is quick and easy. For a 100 grams or about 3.5 oz

97 grams distilled water
    2 grams skin safe fragrance oil or essential oil
    1 gram Optiphen (spray bottle safe preservative)

You will need a kitchen scale capable of measuring 1 gram at a time, and a new, clean spray bottle. The scale you can get at Bed, Bath & Beyond or maybe even WalMart, the spray bottle can be purchased at Sally"s or CVS where they sell empty containers for travel.

MMS is a great place to buy the FO or EO and they also have the preservative.
    MMS - Catalog Index

Since there's no emulsifier you will have to shake the bottle well before each use.

If you want some extra help with the curls, just add a bit of epsom salt to the water.

HTH!

ETA~ You really should use the heat & hold method with this as well to make the preservatives job easier. An easy way to do this if you don't have a thermometer is to bring 1 C of the distilled water to a boil on the stove in a pan, cover it with a lid & turn off the heat. Let it sit for at least 20 min. You want the water to still be warm, but not hot. Then weigh out the 97 grams and the rest.
    3a/3b Medium Texture & Normal Porosity
    Modified CG since November 2009
    Low Poo - (Once in a while) True Polaris Solid Shampoo Bar
    CO-wash/Condish - (I'm lazy, one step only!) True Polaris Solid Conditioner Bars
    Styling - True Polaris Truly Curly Styling Gel I add 'cones in summer Truly Frizz Free Hair Serum
    I plop and defuse daily

c_band2.gif I love MUSE

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file