The "Super Long Transitioners" Thread!

13468913

Comments

  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    Ok, just took out my first set of Curlformers and wanted to report back...these are the bomb!!! Easy to put in (I never managed how to do a roller set so this is huge to me), it gives you really defined curls AND it blends the two textures so well!! Now I know for sure that I wont be doing any haircutting any time soon with these. They are my new way to keep my hair "styled" when I return back to work in Sept. I highly recommend :-)

    I've been soooo on the fence about trying these. I have seen a few youtube videos and I was kinda convinced but I'm glad to hear that someone else has had positive experiences w/these. I keep eyeing them every time I'm in Sallys so I will probably check these out very soon. Thanks for the update!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • YaniraNaturallyYaniraNaturally Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thanks JaylensMami!

    I recently started giving myself a day to play in my hair it's sooo much more fun that what I was doing before. I'm getting braids next week to give me a break. I love my hair, but I also love rolling out of bed partially ready.
    Currently in month 17 of my 24 month transition :flower:
  • harmonydharmonyd Posts: 8Registered Users
    So while doing my hair today I decided that I will not BC nor will I transition anymore (ok well technically I guess I would still be transitioning however I'm not calling it that LOL). From this point on I will not have a 'transition end date' nor will I be focused on attempting to have my hair reach a certain length by whenever I let go of my relaxed ends.

    I am just going to focus on keeping my hair as healthy as possible and I will never chop. I will continue to DT, baby and love my hair religiously and only dust my ends when I feel the need to.So if that means I will technically be 'transitioning' for 4 or 5yrs then so be it. I believe that by changing my perspective it will make my natural journey that much easier and allow me to really enjoy each step of the process!

    I really love this and I'm glad you wrote it. I already chopped about 6 inches of hair and I can barely pull my hair back into a barrette. I will probably manage a ponytail in about a month. This is the shortest it's been in 10yrs and I just don't feel like me! I realized I really don't want to BC (after more natural hair grows out) ... and why should I have to? I don't HAVE to. I can just let my hair grow and try to keep it as healthy as possible and like you said, eventually it will be "all natural."
  • bird428bird428 Posts: 14Registered Users
    hey super long transitioners

    i am currently struggling with my transitioning hair. it's been 15 months since i had a perm. before i only permed 2x a year since i rarely wear my hair straight, so it wasn't that hard at first. however now my natural hair is about 5 inches and i still have 7 inches of relaxed hair and it's looking awkward to me when i try to wash and go, which was my go-to hairstyle. i'm tempted to cut it, but i do love my length and i've committed to keeping it at least another 3 months for a wedding.

    i have been experimenting with twists and twists outs, which help, but i'm curious about other styles. i don't know how to flat twist or cornrow. i'm also starting a new job and want to make sure my hair doesn't look crazy since i don't really know what i'm doing. any ideas welcome!
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Thanks JaylensMami!

    I recently started giving myself a day to play in my hair it's sooo much more fun that what I was doing before. I'm getting braids next week to give me a break. I love my hair, but I also love rolling out of bed partially ready.

    Ita w/the braids. However everytime I get anything smaller than medium sized braids my edges break off so they are a no go for me. I do love the simplicity of getting up and not having to 'do' my hair each day but oh welll...
    harmonyd wrote: »
    So while doing my hair today I decided that I will not BC nor will I transition anymore (ok well technically I guess I would still be transitioning however I'm not calling it that LOL). From this point on I will not have a 'transition end date' nor will I be focused on attempting to have my hair reach a certain length by whenever I let go of my relaxed ends.

    I am just going to focus on keeping my hair as healthy as possible and I will never chop. I will continue to DT, baby and love my hair religiously and only dust my ends when I feel the need to.So if that means I will technically be 'transitioning' for 4 or 5yrs then so be it. I believe that by changing my perspective it will make my natural journey that much easier and allow me to really enjoy each step of the process!

    I really love this and I'm glad you wrote it. I already chopped about 6 inches of hair and I can barely pull my hair back into a barrette. I will probably manage a ponytail in about a month. This is the shortest it's been in 10yrs and I just don't feel like me! I realized I really don't want to BC (after more natural hair grows out) ... and why should I have to? I don't HAVE to. I can just let my hair grow and try to keep it as healthy as possible and like you said, eventually it will be "all natural."

    See I chopped about 3 to 4 inches off my hair bk in January bc I was mad at my ex and he didn't want me to cut it (dumb I know). After the initial feelings went away I was pissed that I cut it bc I couldn't even put it in a doughnut bun for months...lesson learned. I have only dusted since and I will only continue to dust my ends. Nothing less, nothing more!
    bird428 wrote: »
    hey super long transitioners

    i am currently struggling with my transitioning hair. it's been 15 months since i had a perm. before i only permed 2x a year since i rarely wear my hair straight, so it wasn't that hard at first. however now my natural hair is about 5 inches and i still have 7 inches of relaxed hair and it's looking awkward to me when i try to wash and go, which was my go-to hairstyle. i'm tempted to cut it, but i do love my length and i've committed to keeping it at least another 3 months for a wedding.

    i have been experimenting with twists and twists outs, which help, but i'm curious about other styles. i don't know how to flat twist or cornrow. i'm also starting a new job and want to make sure my hair doesn't look crazy since i don't really know what i'm doing. any ideas welcome!

    I'm sure you're aware that the longer you transition the more adjustments that you have to be open to making. If one thing isn't working any longer than try another. I see you have been experimenting w/different hair styles and quite honestly I don't have too many more to offer you.

    I don't do much other than bantu knots, buns & a quick weave. The quick weave is great bc I can put it on & off every day, moisturize & wash my hair when I want and not be concerned ab the health of my hair or having to deal with my 'own hair' on a daily basis if I don't want to.

    I am sure however that some other ladies will chime in on successful hairstyles that they use. However don't give up so quickly w/out exploring some more options.

    Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • bird428bird428 Posts: 14Registered Users
    Hey, Jaylen'smami

    Thanks for your reply. I was frustrated when I posted, which I am learning is part of the process. I am used to being low maintenance and have never spent some much time on my hair, but I am appreciating my growing self-acceptance and the knowledge I'm gaining. I found some great natural hair care videos on youtube, which were also helpful. It was good to hear that you have a couple of go-to styles and I think I'm learning mine. Good luck on your continued journey :)
  • naturalmomnaturalmom Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hi where did you buy the raw shea butter?
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    naturalmom wrote: »
    Hi where did you buy the raw shea butter?

    Well I was initially getting my ex to get it for me from a flea market in Baltimore, however I checked out the local BSS near me and they had some so now I buy it there.

    I have heard of some ladies saying that they buy theirs online however I'm not sure of the sites they use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Hey loves!

    Just dropped by to bow out gracefully from the Super Long Transition.

    I cut off my hair. Poof. Gone. At 13 months and 2 days.

    :occasion1: :afro:

    Good luck, everyone!
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Hey loves!

    Just dropped by to bow out gracefully from the Super Long Transition.

    I cut off my hair. Poof. Gone. At 13 months and 2 days.

    :occasion1: :afro:

    Good luck, everyone!

    Wow. Congrats anna! You gotta post some pics!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • MisscbMisscb Posts: 44Registered Users
    Heyy ladies im a new natural just 7mnths post and I want to use all natural hair products, so far I've narrowed it down to two lines the MyHoneyChild hair products, or bear fruit which I heard great reviews for via YouTube and my subscription to African Exports channel. I don't wanna become a PJ so do you guys know which line is better or more organic please HELP!!! :-D


    Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Misscb wrote: »
    Heyy ladies im a new natural just 7mnths post and I want to use all natural hair products, so far I've narrowed it down to two lines the MyHoneyChild hair products, or bear fruit which I heard great reviews for via YouTube and my subscription to African Exports channel. I don't wanna become a PJ so do you guys know which line is better or more organic please HELP!!! :-D


    Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

    As far as those two specific lines, I have not had experience w/either so I can not comment. However I understand not wanting to become a PJ as well as wanting to use as all natural products as possible.

    However the main thing you need to understand about this journey is that it is yours not anyone elses. Therefore whether a product is all natural or not if you find that it works for your hair than use it. Its that simple. Don't start using this or that because its all the new thing or everyone's talking about it because there is no guarantee that it will work for you; even if that person appears to have the same 'hair type' as you.

    So do a little research, try out some new things (I suggest trying something a few times before you decide it doesn't work) and only swapping out one new product at a time so that you know exactly which product is or is not working for your hair. In the mean time if you begin to get frustrated, then you can always put your hair up for a while in braids, weaves, etc so you don't have to deal w/it.

    HTH and if you need any more advice and/or support feel free to post again! Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Hey ladies!
    Hope you are all doing well. Just wanted to check in and tell you all about my new love: henna and cassia!
    If you haven't done this I highly recommend it. It adds much needed strength to transitioning hair. It leaves hair very smooth and strong, controls frizzies and adds thickness to each hair strand.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • LoveMeNaturaleLoveMeNaturale Posts: 33Registered Users
    Are there specific products from henna and cassia or all products?

    Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App
  • swtdarkness96swtdarkness96 Posts: 3Registered Users
    I am newly natural and I plan to transition for a least 1 year. I am almost six months in. This has been quite an experience trying to figure out what to do w/ my hair to avoid damage. So far I have been wearing it in protective styles. I am grateful for a place where I can share my experience with others. Now I don't feel so alone. I have started a youtube channel to document my progress(deerose212). I have learned so much in just this short amount of time. I'm not going to write too much now. I will keep you guys updated as much as I remember to. Check me out on youtube deerose212.



    event.png
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Are there specific products from henna and cassia or all products?

    Sent from my LS670 using CurlTalk App

    Are you asking for a specific brand of henna or a product that contains henna?
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • naturalmomnaturalmom Posts: 2Registered Users
    Transitioning for me has been an experience, so far I am 7mths post relaxer. My hair is so hard to comb in the roots, any suggestions?
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    naturalmom wrote: »
    Transitioning for me has been an experience, so far I am 7mths post relaxer. My hair is so hard to comb in the roots, any suggestions?

    What products are you using and how are you using them when combing?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • Transitioning BeautyTransitioning Beauty Posts: 23Registered Users
    I'm 10 months post at the moment. I was planning on going for 2.5 years but, these 2 textures are getting to me.. I am in braids at the moment to help me get past this scissor happy phase. I know I wouldn't be comfortable with the length if I chopped now but, styling would be 1,000 times easier
  • Transitioning BeautyTransitioning Beauty Posts: 23Registered Users
    naturalmom wrote: »
    Transitioning for me has been an experience, so far I am 7mths post relaxer. My hair is so hard to comb in the roots, any suggestions?

    Try combing your hair when it's wet and soaked in conditioner. I usually deep condition and before I rinse out the conditioner I detangle and it helps the comb glide through. If you're still having trouble you can try adding some aloe vera juice in the mix. It softens the hair and makes it easier to manage.
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    naturalmom wrote: »
    Transitioning for me has been an experience, so far I am 7mths post relaxer. My hair is so hard to comb in the roots, any suggestions?

    Try combing your hair when it's wet and soaked in conditioner. I usually deep condition and before I rinse out the conditioner I detangle and it helps the comb glide through. If you're still having trouble you can try adding some aloe vera juice in the mix. It softens the hair and makes it easier to manage.

    In addition to the above, you can also add an oil to your condish to give it more slip. Ever since I began doing that I have had no problems combing/detangling my hair!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    I am totally in love with my hair! Yes I am still transitioning and will be for the longgggg haul. However I had surgery on the 4th and could do nothing with my hair until this past Sunday. So I did my usual overnight coconut oil DT and I rinsed it out the next day.

    When I tell you my curls were POPPING I mean they were POPPING! I love my hair sooo much now that I know when I'm completely natural I'm going to be my own 'hair inspiration'! Lol. This is the continued motivation I needed to push on the next couple of years with this transition. I also made my own hair inspiration folder on my desktop that is 165 pages long and I'm loving it! It's a great pick me up on those days when I get the urge to chop!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • NataliejNataliej Posts: 26Registered Users
    I don't know what to do with my hair! I've been transitions for about a year now & I think my hair is DAMAGED. I have major split ends & my hair is very dry.
    What should I do?? I have a limited amount of funds
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Nataliej wrote: »
    I don't know what to do with my hair! I've been transitions for about a year now & I think my hair is DAMAGED. I have major split ends & my hair is very dry.
    What should I do?? I have a limited amount of funds

    Me too! Lol. However you don't need alot of $ to have a good hair reggie. You say your hair is dry however how often are you moisturizing your hair as well as deep treating it? You can use a simple spritz of either EVOO or coconut oil and water to moisturize your hair daily as well as using those same oils and applying to your hair over night for a deep treatment. Both of which are relatively cheap for how long they last you.

    As far as the split ends, how much are you manipulating, protecting and/or babying your hair? If your doing too much manipulation and being rough w/your hair you would definitely have split ends. I would suggest either trimming or dusting your hair to start with then focusing on the upkeep.

    HTH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • NataliejNataliej Posts: 26Registered Users
    Nataliej wrote: »
    I don't know what to do with my hair! I've been transitions for about a year now & I think my hair is DAMAGED. I have major split ends & my hair is very dry.
    What should I do?? I have a limited amount of funds

    Me too! Lol. However you don't need alot of $ to have a good hair reggie. You say your hair is dry however how often are you moisturizing your hair as well as deep treating it? You can use a simple spritz of either EVOO or coconut oil and water to moisturize your hair daily as well as using those same oils and applying to your hair over night for a deep treatment. Both of which are relatively cheap for how long they last you.

    As far as the split ends, how much are you manipulating, protecting and/or babying your hair? If your doing too much manipulation and being rough w/your hair you would definitely have split ends. I would suggest either trimming or dusting your hair to start with then focusing on the upkeep.

    HTH

    What's the difference between trimming and dusting? & I deep treat my hair about every two weeks. What's EVOO and where can I get it?
    Do you have any homemade recipes that you use for your hair that I can buy & make myself?
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Nataliej wrote: »
    Nataliej wrote: »
    I don't know what to do with my hair! I've been transitions for about a year now & I think my hair is DAMAGED. I have major split ends & my hair is very dry.
    What should I do?? I have a limited amount of funds

    Me too! Lol. However you don't need alot of $ to have a good hair reggie. You say your hair is dry however how often are you moisturizing your hair as well as deep treating it? You can use a simple spritz of either EVOO or coconut oil and water to moisturize your hair daily as well as using those same oils and applying to your hair over night for a deep treatment. Both of which are relatively cheap for how long they last you.

    As far as the split ends, how much are you manipulating, protecting and/or babying your hair? If your doing too much manipulation and being rough w/your hair you would definitely have split ends. I would suggest either trimming or dusting your hair to start with then focusing on the upkeep.

    HTH

    What's the difference between trimming and dusting? & I deep treat my hair about every two weeks. What's EVOO and where can I get it?
    Do you have any homemade recipes that you use for your hair that I can buy & make myself?


    Don't quote me on it bc I don't remember the exact measurements, but basically a trim is anything a half inch or more and dusting is less than that.. It's called dusting bc the amount you cut off is so small that it looks like a small amount of 'dust' when your done. You can do a google search for a better definition of it.

    EVOO is extra virgin olive oil and you can get it in any grocery store. I also purchase my coconut oil from the organic section of my grocery store as well. The only 'homemade' recipes I use myself are the following:

    1) Daily Spritz: 8oz spray bottle, distilled water and oil of choice.
    I mix the oil (ab a quarter of the bottle) and fill the rest with water. Shake and spray on hair twice a day for moisturizing and sealing in 1 step.

    2) Whipped shea butter: Raw unrefined shea butter from local BSS, coconut oil & grapeseed oil.
    I melt shea butter in microwave, add coconut oil and mix w/hand held mixer. I then add grapeseed oil, mix again, put in frig for ab 40 mins, take out, mix again and I'm done. I generally use this as my moisturizer after washing my hair to style it into either twists or bantu knots. It also works well as a moisturizer for when your hair is straight bc it does not contain water so it will not revert your hair bk to its curly state.

    3) Homemade protein treatment: I mix 3 egg yolks, EVOO and mayo in a container (I dont measure I just go by look), apply to hair for 2hrs, rinse w/cold water, shampoo, condish, deep treat under dryer and style.

    4) Overnight deep treatment: I section my hair into 4 parts, generously apply coconut oil to each section, place a conditioning cap on, tie down w/a scarf and leave on overnight. The next day I get up and 'water wash' my hair to get the oil out, then continue on w/my regular wash day reggie.

    HTH
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • NataliejNataliej Posts: 26Registered Users
    Where can i buy shea butter?
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Nataliej wrote: »
    Where can i buy shea butter?

    Originally I was getting mine from the flea market, however now my local beauty supply store sells it. So you can check around in your area at those places or else I know alot of ladies order there's straight from the internet. As a side note I would also do a little background research on the different types of shea butter just so you know what your looking for. Some vendors will add other products to their shea butter to make the quantity stretch further and you need to know what to look for so you can spot that and not get cheated out of the real thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • Dark-n-Curly89Dark-n-Curly89 Posts: 17Registered Users
    I am so glad to find this forum!! I am deciding to do a long-term transition 1. Because my hair is about 1 ft long straightened out and I dont think I can handle chopping it off! :eek:(my hair has been long all of my life...too traumatic) 2. I was natural until I was 19 (22 now) so I already know what my natural texture is, which isnt too different from my relaxed texture 3. I have to be able to do a ponytail/bun, which are my go-to styles for days when I don't have alot of time to get ready or if I'm having a bad hair day. I'm just glad to have a place where I can get advice and have support from those who are in the same boat as me:)
    Current Products:
    Morrocan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
    Suave Naturals Almond and Shea Shampoo and Conditioner + EVOO :love10:
    Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie:love10:
    cintsationalife.com


    event.png



    event.png







  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    MzCurl_J89 wrote: »
    I am so glad to find this forum!! I am deciding to do a long-term transition 1. Because my hair is about 1 ft long straightened out and I dont think I can handle chopping it off! :eek:(my hair has been long all of my life...too traumatic) 2. I was natural until I was 19 (22 now) so I already know what my natural texture is, which isnt too different from my relaxed texture 3. I have to be able to do a ponytail/bun, which are my go-to styles for days when I don't have alot of time to get ready or if I'm having a bad hair day. I'm just glad to have a place where I can get advice and have support from those who are in the same boat as me:)

    Welcome mzcurl. I am definitely in it for the longggg haul so I look forward to sharing tips, frustrations,etc with you on this awesome journey! Good luck!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file