The "Super Long Transitioners" Thread!

1356713

Comments

  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Anisha wrote: »
    I am new to these forums and i'm really excited about getting the transition progress started. Finding these forums have been really helpful thus far in my research and decision to make the change and go natural. I had been going back and forth with this for awhile because I really didn't have any support and didn't know how i was going to manage my hair. I look forward to chatting with you all and continued learning.
    Two Months Post relaxer and many more to go.

    Well congrats on your decision to go ahead w/ur transition! We have all been at that 'beginning stage' so if you have any questions feel free to post them & I'm sure we will all do our best to help you along w/ur journey!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • LeentoraLeentora Posts: 72Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I am 15 months plus into my transitioning, I am aiming for 24 months before I BC. I may go a little longer but it all depends. The journey has its fun days and its challenging days; I keeping going as I am a gold set in mind and that is to have healthy natural hair :)
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Leentora wrote: »
    I am 15 months plus into my transitioning, I am aiming for 24 months before I BC. I may go a little longer but it all depends. The journey has its fun days and its challenging days; I keeping going as I am a gold set in mind and that is to have healthy natural hair :)

    ITA. I keep going bk & forth on whether I want to go 24 or 36 months but I really really wanna be all natural when I hit 30. So I was thinking if I chop whatever is left next summer it will give me a few months of playing w/my all natural hair & making it look fab before I step out on my bday and rock my all natural do!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Leentora wrote: »
    I am 15 months plus into my transitioning, I am aiming for 24 months before I BC. I may go a little longer but it all depends. The journey has its fun days and its challenging days; I keeping going as I am a gold set in mind and that is to have healthy natural hair :)

    ITA. I keep going bk & forth on whether I want to go 24 or 36 months but I really really wanna be all natural when I hit 30. So I was thinking if I chop whatever is left next summer it will give me a few months of playing w/my all natural hair & making it look fab before I step out on my bday and rock my all natural do!

    You know what? I like your goal and think I'm thinking about stealing it! I'm gonna turn 29 in September. I should try to be all natural by the time I hit 30.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    Leentora wrote: »
    I am 15 months plus into my transitioning, I am aiming for 24 months before I BC. I may go a little longer but it all depends. The journey has its fun days and its challenging days; I keeping going as I am a gold set in mind and that is to have healthy natural hair :)

    ITA. I keep going bk & forth on whether I want to go 24 or 36 months but I really really wanna be all natural when I hit 30. So I was thinking if I chop whatever is left next summer it will give me a few months of playing w/my all natural hair & making it look fab before I step out on my bday and rock my all natural do!

    You know what? I like your goal and think I'm thinking about stealing it! I'm gonna turn 29 in September. I should try to be all natural by the time I hit 30.

    Lol. My bday is in September as well. I figure by the time next summer hits my hair should (hopefully) be at a length where I can put it into a nice bun w/out the extra relaxed ends. However the more I think ab it, I really don't care if it is. I just wanna start out '30' on a different note & what better way to do so then be all natural!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Rusycurly wrote: »

    ITA. I keep going bk & forth on whether I want to go 24 or 36 months but I really really wanna be all natural when I hit 30. So I was thinking if I chop whatever is left next summer it will give me a few months of playing w/my all natural hair & making it look fab before I step out on my bday and rock my all natural do!

    You know what? I like your goal and think I'm thinking about stealing it! I'm gonna turn 29 in September. I should try to be all natural by the time I hit 30.

    Lol. My bday is in September as well. I figure by the time next summer hits my hair should (hopefully) be at a length where I can put it into a nice bun w/out the extra relaxed ends. However the more I think ab it, I really don't care if it is. I just wanna start out '30' on a different note & what better way to do so then be all natural!

    Girl! Let me find out! What day is it? I really feel you on the whole 30th bday deal. I think I'm gonna keep that as a goal as well.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Ok what is y'alls method for detangling? Mine isn't working.

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Ok what is y'alls method for detangling? Mine isn't working.

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.

    Thank God my hair doesn't get too tangled up (or maybe I don't touch it enough to notice). I only detangled when I wash my hair. I use a wide tooth comb first and then use a Denman to get rid of shed hairs. This step has made a difference with tangles. I think because the wide tooth comb wasn't catching all the hairs that had fallen It contributed to tangles. What is your current method now?
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    Ok what is y'alls method for detangling? Mine isn't working.

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.

    Thank God my hair doesn't get too tangled up (or maybe I don't touch it enough to notice). I only detangled when I wash my hair. I use a wide tooth comb first and then use a Denman to get rid of shed hairs. This step has made a difference with tangles. I think because the wide tooth comb wasn't catching all the hairs that had fallen It contributed to tangles. What is your current method now?

    I've been using the wide tooth comb. But my problem lies with the shed hairs. I'm just apprehensive about using a brush.

    I only detangle when I wash, too.

    It's just sooo aggravating.

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    Ok what is y'alls method for detangling? Mine isn't working.

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.

    Thank God my hair doesn't get too tangled up (or maybe I don't touch it enough to notice). I only detangled when I wash my hair. I use a wide tooth comb first and then use a Denman to get rid of shed hairs. This step has made a difference with tangles. I think because the wide tooth comb wasn't catching all the hairs that had fallen It contributed to tangles. What is your current method now?

    I've been using the wide tooth comb. But my problem lies with the shed hairs. I'm just apprehensive about using a brush.

    I only detangle when I wash, too.

    It's just sooo aggravating.

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.

    I was apprehensive about using a brush too but believe me it has made a difference. As long as you have a conditioner with slip in your hair is no problem. My one suggestion though would be to get one of the volumizing models (d31 or d41) the teeth are wider and therefore won't rip your hair.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    Rusycurly wrote: »

    You know what? I like your goal and think I'm thinking about stealing it! I'm gonna turn 29 in September. I should try to be all natural by the time I hit 30.

    Lol. My bday is in September as well. I figure by the time next summer hits my hair should (hopefully) be at a length where I can put it into a nice bun w/out the extra relaxed ends. However the more I think ab it, I really don't care if it is. I just wanna start out '30' on a different note & what better way to do so then be all natural!

    Girl! Let me find out! What day is it? I really feel you on the whole 30th bday deal. I think I'm gonna keep that as a goal as well.

    The 17th. What ab u?
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    Rusycurly wrote: »

    Thank God my hair doesn't get too tangled up (or maybe I don't touch it enough to notice). I only detangled when I wash my hair. I use a wide tooth comb first and then use a Denman to get rid of shed hairs. This step has made a difference with tangles. I think because the wide tooth comb wasn't catching all the hairs that had fallen It contributed to tangles. What is your current method now?

    I've been using the wide tooth comb. But my problem lies with the shed hairs. I'm just apprehensive about using a brush.

    I only detangle when I wash, too.

    It's just sooo aggravating.

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.

    I was apprehensive about using a brush too but believe me it has made a difference. As long as you have a conditioner with slip in your hair is no problem. My one suggestion though would be to get one of the volumizing models (d31 or d41) the teeth are wider and therefore won't rip your hair.

    I detangle using the EXACT same method. I used to only do a wide tooth comb & was extremely nervous ab using a brush as well. However I just sucked it up, purchased the denman & began only detangling on wash day, with conditioner in my hair (some people say they use alot but I just use ab a quarter size to a silver dollar size amount per section. I also add grapeseed oil to all of my conditioners for added slip), use the widetooth comb first & follow w/the denman.

    Once I started doing that I never looked back. It removes all the shed hairs, I have very little to no tangling & when I do get tangles they are easily removed as long as I'm gentle. Now I can't guarantee that it will work for you considering that different things work for different people, however it has been a God send to me!

    Now what you may wanna do if you decide to purchase it is remove a couple of the rows of teeth (like every other one) & set it aside until you see how your hair reacts to the brush. The removed rows worked for ab 2 weeks but my hair is soooo freakin thick that the brush was bending w/the limted rows LOL so I added them back in and have kept using them ever since. I love this method & have no plans to change it...even after I complete my transition.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    How much are denmans? Is there a way to get them on the ground?

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    How much are denmans? Is there a way to get them on the ground?

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.

    I don't order anything online (except clothes & shoes LOL). Not saying that I never will but at this point I like the convenience of being able to run to my local grocery, walmart, target or bss to get what I need w/out having to wait for it to arrive via mail.

    That being said I purchased mine from my local Sally Beauty Supply. It was $13...best $ I ever spent on a beauty product!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Oh yayyy OK I'll try it. Lol

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Oh yayyy OK I'll try it. Lol

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.

    Please do & let us know your results!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    I will definitely

    This phone makes accurate punctuation unnecessarily difficult.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • NaturallyReceNaturallyRece Posts: 21Registered Users
    Hey ladies! I'm a super long transitioned as well. I'm just about at 16 months. I thought it would have take 2 yrs for my hair to completely grow out, but when the 1 yr mark came I realized it would take much longer. *sigh*

    Check out my hair blog
    http://AHairStory.Wordpress.com
  • NaturallyReceNaturallyRece Posts: 21Registered Users
    I like this thread because it's good to know there are many other super long transitioners out there. People seem very critical of others if they don't do a BC.
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    I like this thread because it's good to know there are many other super long transitioners out there. People seem very critical of others if they don't do a BC.


    I don't know that I've actually seen that so much per se but I do understand your point. No one really questions anyone about why they BC'd however if someone does an 'unusually long' transition (yr or more) people generally get asked 'why haven't you cut off those relaxed ends yet, what are you holding onto them for, or when you finally do chop its 'GIRL...WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG TO LET GO OF THOSE RELAXED ENDS!' Lol.

    So yes, it is nice to know that there are others who are CURRENTLY transitioning this long that you can share joys as well as struggles with. Even when I do a internet search for long term transitioners, I always get the same site (hairmilk.com). Which is fine but she already transitioned so it still doesn't really help me feel connected to where I am now. Hopefully everyone will keep posting & we can all continue to support each other throughout this process!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Hey ladies! I'm a super long transitioned as well. I'm just about at 16 months. I thought it would have take 2 yrs for my hair to completely grow out, but when the 1 yr mark came I realized it would take much longer. *sigh*

    Check out my hair blog
    A Hair Story…

    Ain't that the truth! 1 year of natural hair growth is so not what 1year of permed hair is....the power of shrinkage is a mutha fka ain't it!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Alright Jaylen, I got the Denman and just finished.

    I am...still undecided.

    I removed every other row like you suggested (I may have to put them back in lol) and detangled in small sections because I wanted to make sure I got all the tangles. My hair was sooo matted before.

    A lot of hair came out. I am going to give the brush the benefit of the doubt because I'm sure I had a heinous amount of shed hairs caught in the mane. Which probably contributed to the matted feeling. But still, it seemed like a lot. I'm hoping it's just because I had a lot of crap to get rid of.

    Now my hair feels SO. MUCH. BETTER. :hello1:
    It doesn't feel matted or tough like it did before. I don't think I could handle doing it in such small sections every time, but I think my hair really needed it. All of my little snarls are gone, and my hair feels so light.

    Plus my hair is in the smoothest ponytail it's been in since September.

    So on the one hand my hair feels heavenly. On the other, it seems like a lot came out. How much comes out when you do it? I really think the casualties (poor lost hairs) will decrease as long as I keep up with the sheddies.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Alright Jaylen, I got the Denman and just finished.

    I am...still undecided.

    I removed every other row like you suggested (I may have to put them back in lol) and detangled in small sections because I wanted to make sure I got all the tangles. My hair was sooo matted before.

    A lot of hair came out. I am going to give the brush the benefit of the doubt because I'm sure I had a heinous amount of shed hairs caught in the mane. Which probably contributed to the matted feeling. But still, it seemed like a lot. I'm hoping it's just because I had a lot of crap to get rid of.

    Now my hair feels SO. MUCH. BETTER. :hello1:
    It doesn't feel matted or tough like it did before. I don't think I could handle doing it in such small sections every time, but I think my hair really needed it. All of my little snarls are gone, and my hair feels so light.

    Plus my hair is in the smoothest ponytail it's been in since September.

    So on the one hand my hair feels heavenly. On the other, it seems like a lot came out. How much comes out when you do it? I really think the casualties (poor lost hairs) will decrease as long as I keep up with the sheddies.

    The same thing happened when I girt started using it and it freaked me out too but I think it's normal. Now I dint have as much shedding and I think that if you don't feel hairs getting tugged/pulled by the brush it's just hairs that had already fallen anyways.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Rusycurly wrote: »

    Lol. My bday is in September as well. I figure by the time next summer hits my hair should (hopefully) be at a length where I can put it into a nice bun w/out the extra relaxed ends. However the more I think ab it, I really don't care if it is. I just wanna start out '30' on a different note & what better way to do so then be all natural!

    Girl! Let me find out! What day is it? I really feel you on the whole 30th bday deal. I think I'm gonna keep that as a goal as well.

    The 17th. What ab u?

    The 25th
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Alright Jaylen, I got the Denman and just finished.

    I am...still undecided.

    I removed every other row like you suggested (I may have to put them back in lol) and detangled in small sections because I wanted to make sure I got all the tangles. My hair was sooo matted before.

    A lot of hair came out. I am going to give the brush the benefit of the doubt because I'm sure I had a heinous amount of shed hairs caught in the mane. Which probably contributed to the matted feeling. But still, it seemed like a lot. I'm hoping it's just because I had a lot of crap to get rid of.

    Now my hair feels SO. MUCH. BETTER. :hello1:
    It doesn't feel matted or tough like it did before. I don't think I could handle doing it in such small sections every time, but I think my hair really needed it. All of my little snarls are gone, and my hair feels so light.

    Plus my hair is in the smoothest ponytail it's been in since September.


    So on the one hand my hair feels heavenly. On the other, it seems like a lot came out. How much comes out when you do it? I really think the casualties (poor lost hairs) will decrease as long as I keep up with the sheddies.

    Initially yes. When I first started using it a good amount came out but that was due to me never having fully removed the shed hair before and not detangling thoroughly. As I continued to use it, the amount of hair I lost decreased dramatically but when I saw I was starting to lose more hair again I knew it was time for a protein treatment.

    Also I'm not sure how others detangle but I detangle the left side, then bottom, top & rt side of each section then I go bk & do the same w/my denman brush. It may take a little bit longer to do but I try not to focus on that. I'm focused and committed on doing whatever is necessary to get my hair healthy & if that means I spend a little bit more time detangling & doing so in smaller sections than so be it.

    Also I know you said that you may go bk to doing your hair in bigger sections & by all means if that works for you then go ahead. However it normally becomes easier to do smaller sections the longer you transition so that will help decrease your risk of hair breakage & tangling. It may take a little longer on wash day however you will be happy that you took that extra time when you have a head full of healthy lush hair!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    Thanks Rusycurly and JaylensMami!

    I may just keep to the smaller sections. I just took my hair out of the ponytail to do two french braids (ponytails make my head hurt after awhile) and the braiding was so easy without my fingers getting caught. :love10:

    So the small sections may be worth it. We'll see if the amount of shed hair decreases.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    No problem girly! That's what this thread is for. Glad to have helped.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • Butterfly_CurlzButterfly_Curlz Posts: 955Registered Users
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    No problem girly! That's what this thread is for. Glad to have helped.

    Ditto!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: A head full of THICK, normal porosity curls/coils that I am TOTALLY in LUV with!
    (Transitioned for 16 & 1/2 months)


    Loving:love10:: MC LI Condish, Raw shea butter, Coconut & Grapeseed Oil, SM raw shea butter shampoo,HEHH Conditioner, Braggs ACV & Egg, Mayo & EVOO PT's



    event.png


    event.png
  • NaturallyReceNaturallyRece Posts: 21Registered Users
    Hey ladies! I'm a super long transitioned as well. I'm just about at 16 months. I thought it would have take 2 yrs for my hair to completely grow out, but when the 1 yr mark came I realized it would take much longer. *sigh*

    Check out my hair blog
    A Hair Story…

    Ain't that the truth! 1 year of natural hair growth is so not what 1year of permed hair is....the power of shrinkage is a mutha fka ain't it!

    Yes! Exactly!!!!!
  • NaturallyReceNaturallyRece Posts: 21Registered Users
    What kind of transitioning hairstyles do you guys do? That's been my problem at this point. I have too much natural hair to blend with the relaxed hair. Now matter what I do, the two textures and difference in thickness are obvious. Right now I have three flattwists in the front and a huge bun. At least my ends are protected. =) There are pics on my site. http://AHairStory.Wordpress.com
  • my3curliesmy3curlies Posts: 161Registered Users
    ^^ very cute! Today just happens to be wash day so I'll give it a try. As for hairstyles I didn't do many. Just some boring ponytails and I did twist outs with perm rods

    Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
    :!::!: Under Construction :!::!:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file