CurlTalk

herbal essences totally twisted

Elena876Elena876 Posts: 25Registered Users
Hey curlies! Have any of you guys tried the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted conditioner and gel? If you have what were your thoughts on it ?

Comments

• RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    I have the gel. It works pretty well. Haven't used the conditioner but I would check to see if it has cones...I'm not sure.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    I had used this in the middle of winter and it's a nice product but if you are looking for a stronger hold, it's not going to be enough.
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fbalancedbeauty.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • wavynwild16wavynwild16 Posts: 2,121Registered Users
    I hated the gel. It did nothing for my hair. It dried crunchy and blah with no curl definition, and it didn't have nice hold. The conditioner was amazing when I wasn't CG, but it has dimethicone in it, so I had to stop using it. It was nice and rich and creamy and moisturizing and the scent was amazing, though.
    Type 2c/3a with lots of hair and a super sensitive scalp! Med/slightly coarse texture, low porosity and elasticity.

Favorite...
    Low poo: Organix TTM, Essential Wholesale Free & Clean
    RO/LI: TN, GFTN, YTC
    Stylers: EcoStylers, GF Curl Shaping Gel, Aussie Aussome Volume Mousse & Instant Freeze Gel, GFPC, LALNC, La Bella Lots of Curls, Apricot Oil, KMFUM, AO B5DG
    Extras: sugar scrubs, AVG washes, pre-poos with EVCO, oiling scalp before washes, plopping, gelatin PT.
    Mod-CG since 12/1/10! :happy7:
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    Haven't tried the conditioner. I disliked the gel because it just left my hair stringy and hardly any hold. I am a wavy and need a hard hold gel instead!
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

• ttlollattlolla Posts: 948Registered Users
    I have tried the conditioner, it has lots of slip but I prefer hello hydration for curl formation
  • kinkycurlyDTkinkycurlyDT Posts: 380Registered Users
    I use this every so often to cowash, but when I use this i know I'll have to shampoo soon because of the cone. This is I think one of the only condish I have with cones. It's ok, not sure if it's a repurchase though.
  • QuirkyCatQuirkyCat Posts: 28Registered Users
    I haven't tried the conditioner, but the gel was horrible, and made my hair look really greasy. It also burned my neck, so I couldn't wear ponytails until it healed. hth! :)
    2b/c/low porosity/medium thick
    CG since 5/24/11
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coconut
    Conditioner: Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Styler: KCCC
  • Elena876Elena876 Posts: 25Registered Users
    Thank you for all the reviews. I bought the conditioner and gel two days ago. I LOVED the conditioner, but I hated the gel . It didn't form any curls and left it frizzy.
  • ShondadiniShondadini Posts: 205Registered Users
    I haven't used the gel but I love the conditioner. I'm not cg but the cone that is in it is water soluble. It's really moisturizing and I like it as a leave in
  • avid_naomiavid_naomi Posts: 63Registered Users
    I've read a lot of reviews about this, and it seems like one of those either you love it or hate it kind of product.

I, for one, really like it - it's one of my faves, but I really only like it in the summer, when I don't need as much product. It is a lighter hold gel, but I like my curls to be soft and natural looking. IMO, Overly defined curls LOOK like they have a lot of product in them... but during the winter, or any time/place where wind or moisture might be an issues, I prefer something with a harder hold.

I haven't tried the TT conditioner as a COwash yet. HE conditioners are hit & miss for me, but I will try it eventually. I believe most of them do have 'cones, but usually its amethidcone, which a lot of curles actually like.

If TT doesn't work for you, try the set me up gel (harder hold) and the hello hydration and long term relationship are really good/well liked conditioners

HTH :)
    3b/corkicelli, color treated, loves moisture, s-wavies on top, tight cork screws underneath and on the sides
    Product Junkie!
    Modified CG, on hard/well water
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 8,424Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    Love to get some more reviews of the Totally Twisted Conditioner, ladies!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • NvmbrCurlssNvmbrCurlss Posts: 732Registered Users
    Bah-bah-bump it, bump it real good...

Just wanted to comment on the new Jeweled Orchid version. Love it!... and I just posted a stellar review in the product search.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]3B, Fine, Normal P, Normal E, Low-Med D
    LowP: Kinky Curly Come Clean (50% EVOO)
    NoP: As I Am CC
    RO: Suave Coconut, VO5 Shea Cashmere
    LI: KCKT or CJBCLI or HETT/HENOYF (w/ 8 drops GSO)

"To much is given, much is expected"