What are some of your favorite "all organic" hair products?

wavycurlyria_87wavycurlyria_87 Posts: 78Registered Users
Is Aubrey Organics considered "all natural/organic"?

... and does anyone know of any hair products without silicones.. how do you look for those?

Comments

• capricapri Posts: 56Registered Users
    i'm a big fan of karens body beautiful for natural ingredients (not sure about organic)
    Style: Twists as protective style for winter, occassional bantu twist outs.
    Weekly: Preepoo w/ rosemary water, honey, coco oil and castor oil. Wash w/ KBB conditioning poo, condition with KBB moisturizing conditioner. Twist with KBB Sweet Ambrosia, Shea and dab of castor oil.
    Monthly:KBB Luscious Locks DT. Terressentials detox left hair significantly softer and shinier, now use to wash once every 2 months.
  • bliss611bliss611 Posts: 238Registered Users
    I am not sure about "all organic" but I am loving the Shea Moisture Organics line right now.
    Love, love, love the Trauma Mask for DT. Mositure Rentention shampoo and Restorative conditioners are great - I just shelved them because they were too heavy for me for the humid summer. I am saving them for super dry winter when I need more moisture.

Also a big fan of Giovanni brand esp TTT shampoo and Direct Leave-in.

My favorite conditioner right now is Juice Organics Smoothing conditioner - rich moisture without being too heavy for summer.

btw - none of these have silicones or sulfates.

HTHs!!
    3B curls
    Medium texture
    Normal elasticity
    High porosity
  • theliothelio Posts: 5,374Registered Users
    Aubreys is considered all natural. I use it and love it. I also use Shea moiture, and KCCC products. I can read all the ingrediates with out utilizing my knowlegde of chemistry. Aubrey also has a lot of vegan products.
  • blackguitargirlblackguitargirl Posts: 492Registered Users
    Aubrey Organics is a great all-natural brand. Desert Essence Organics is great as well along with Giovanni and Alba Botanica products. I've also heard some curlies say good things about Yes to Carrots!

The best way to find out about ingredients is to look at some of the articles posted around here or on Curly Nikki's site. You can also do a search on the boards for more information. HTH
    4a/4b
    last relaxer dec. 2007
    BC dec 29, 2008
    :headbang: 4 years natural!
    Music blog :hiding:
    Writing blog
    My Book: The Lost King
  • OgilvyOgilvy Posts: 4Registered Users
    Well My favorite "all organic" hair products are as follows which are natural

Shea Moisture Organics line
    Aubrey Organics
  • apatt4975apatt4975 Posts: 142Registered Users
    Is Aubrey Organics considered "all natural/organic"?

... and does anyone know of any hair products without silicones.. how do you look for those?
    yes aubrey organis is all natural and/or organic...my fav new organic and natural prod is Terressential Organics Pure Hair Wash:love6:
  • dyeozdyeoz Posts: 18Registered Users
    I use the Kinky Curly line and it is organic.

I use the shampoo, the conditioner, the spritz (on day 2.5 or 3, 4) and of course, the Kinky Custard.

Love the stuff.

I also have an assortment of Aubrey products that i use for washing or conditioning. The honey suckle rose shampoo you might like.

You just have to read on the back about the ingredients to see if there are cones in it. Do a google search for "dorm room curly" or look on this site for a better explanation of deciphering the cones and all their 'other' names.
    comic-p.jpg
  • itsiliiiitsiliii Posts: 340Registered Users
    I love kinky curly's knot today conditioner and coconut oil :D
    cat...im a kitty cat...and i dance dance dance :blob7:
    2B/2C hair! :thumbup:

Shampoo: GTTT, SheaMoisture
    Condish Tresemme naturals, GFTN
    DT: Lustrasilk + honey :)
    LI: KCKT, GVP CB
    Styling products: Ouidad CC, TIGI Catwalk, KCCC, PaulMitchell Sculpting Foam
    Oils: Coconut
  • KurleeEdnaKurleeEdna Posts: 714Registered Users
    I don't know of many "all organic" hair products. Some companies call their products "natural" or "organic" and may have some natural ingredients in them, but not be "all natural" or "all organic". (I read Giovanni is one of the worst offenders.)

Anywho, as far as natural products go, I like Max Green Alchemy Scalp Rescue (non-sulfate) Shampoo, Renpure "my pretty hair is parched" conditioner and Dr. Bronner's Lavender Leave-In.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, 'Where have I gone wrong?' Then a voice says to me, 'This is going to take more than one night.' "
    - Charlie Brown
    HEY!!! Follow me at http://www.twitter.com/kurleeedna
  • AmazinnaturalAmazinnatural Posts: 755Registered Users
    My "all organic/all natural" favorite has got to be Shea Moisture products I love the black soap cleansing shampoo and conditioner as well a the deep treatment mask and I love all of their Coconut hibiscus curly hair product their products are amazing and they definitely get the job done with my hair!

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

event.png

Still loving my curls and kinks!
    Products I love:
    Ion Dandruff/Seborrheic Dermatitis Tar Shampoo
    Suave Shea Butter Conditioner
    Biolage Scalp Therapy Shampoo
    Biolage Fortify Therapy Shampoo
    Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
    Beautiful Textures Rapid Repair Deep Conditioner
    Shea butter, olive oil, coconut oil, apricot oil, peppermint oil, tea tree oil, and eucalyptus oil
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I like KCKT, AO Mandarin Magic Ginko Ginseng Jelly, and jojoba oil.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • Queen03Queen03 Posts: 2Registered Users
    My favorites are ALL the " Kinky Curly" brand hair products, and one n' only argan oil products.:thumbright:
  • Afro KittenAfro Kitten Posts: 28Registered Users
    My "all organic/all natural" favorite has got to be Shea Moisture products I love the black soap cleansing shampoo and conditioner as well a the deep treatment mask and I love all of their Coconut hibiscus curly hair product their products are amazing and they definitely get the job done with my hair!

Sent from my DROID3 using CurlTalk App

I am loving your hair in your profile pic.
  • Waves84Waves84 Posts: 64Registered Users
    Just picked up Aubrey Organics Travel Size Lavender shampoo/codish and then I splurged on full size AO Peppermint hoping to strengthen and repair my hair a bit...
    2B - Just below BSL
    CG as of 7/11

Low Poo - GioSAS, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Shampoo, Alterna Caviar Shampoo
    Co-wash- Suave Coconut
    Rinse out - GioSAS codish, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Codish, Alterna Caviar Codish
    Currently auditioning the following products - BRHG, Ecostyler Argan Oil, SMSmoothie, Dep Sport Gel, LaBellaLotsofCurls, Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Mask, LI & Potion, LOOB, Aussie Sydney Smooth....Just want frizz free waves w/ some curls...
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    capri wrote: »
    i'm a big fan of karens body beautiful for natural ingredients (not sure about organic)

I heart KBB products. Her stuff is truly amazing !
    Products I'm currently :love10::
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
    • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
    • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
    • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
    Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
    6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:
  • LuckyGirlLuckyGirl Posts: 105Registered Users
    KBB, Giovanni (I'm not sure if it's truly organic, but I'm throwing it in on the list) Shea Moisture, Aubrey Organics, Kinky Curly, Oyin Handmade, Qhemet and Alafia's "beautiful curls" products.

I often mix my own spritzes, deep conditioners, hair butters and hair treats and they are as organic as it gets
    "Beauty is for everyone. All it takes is the decision to have it for yourself." - Shae Capri

"If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission." - Gabor

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • curlytrixycurlytrixy Posts: 19Registered Users
    I love Morrocco Method raw hair care products
    Aloe vera juice and gel, natural oils and butters, and also my version of kimmay tube leave in.
  • gniesamgniesam Posts: 127Registered Users
    I absolutely love Juice Organics.. No silcones.

I'm about to try desert essence, and am quite excited about it. Also, no cones.
    Soon from shoulder length to bra length, while curly.

Hair Routine:
    Organic Conditioner to cleanse and leave in
    Almond, EVOO, or Castor Oil to seal.
    No gel, but if needed FSG

3bc. some rare parts in 3a. I have mixed hair due to heat damage and texturizers.
    medium thickness.
    normal density.
    normal porosity.
    dark brown.

No Pooie since Oct. 6th 2010:blob2:
  • angelmarieangelmarie Posts: 3Registered Users
    I want to second what CurlyTrixy said...Morrocco Method has the most original Organics that really work! They take my hair from lifeless and flyway to smooth and controlled...without silicone! I cannot say enough about them.
  • curlytrixycurlytrixy Posts: 19Registered Users
    Hi Angelmarie what products do you use from MM have you tried the new pomade yet? its amazing.
  • honeybrowncandy78honeybrowncandy78 Posts: 88Registered Users
    I love Giovanni Products and they are on sale at Whole Foods for 5.99! Gotta go back and stock up

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using CurlTalk App
  • cysycacysyca Posts: 362Registered Users
    Queen03 wrote: »
    My favorites are ALL the " Kinky Curly" brand hair products, and one n' only argan oil products.:thumbright:

Same here!!! 

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Live For Today!
  • curledlovecurledlove Posts: 444Registered Users
    Kinky curly, aubrey organics, jane carter solutions (not sure if these are organic), and shea moisture...

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
  • georgiany1georgiany1 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Generously nourishes hair with essential oils. Use the georgiany organic hair product that is ideal for anyone needing extra love and care to their tresses.:afro:
  • pinkwolfpinkwolf Posts: 430Registered Users Curl Novice
    AOHR
    SM Shea Butter conditioner
    YTCarrots conditioner
    *Natural 3C/TWA* :toothy7:
    Wash: BS/ACV, ABS, KC Come Clean
    Conditioner: Garnier WB Honey Treasures
    , Garnier WB Apple & Green Tea
    Pre-Poo: Oils & Honey Mix
    DC: Garnier WB Honey Treasures Mask, SM 10-N-1

PT: Super Mayo Deep Conditioning Treatment
    Styler:
    KCCC
    Leave-In: KCKT
    Moisturizer:
    Whipped Shea Butter
    Oil/Sealant:
    EVCO, Jojoba
  • dixygirldixygirl Posts: 279Banned Users
    i like coconut oil, olive oil, aloe vera juice, cinnamon, lemon juice,100% pure shea butter, flaxseed gel, honey, yogurt, coconut milk, eggs. I want to try mayonaise as a conditioner. There are MANY recipe on youtube to use these for wonderful effects.

LEAVE IN
    • aloe vera juice
    • tspn honey
    • 2 tbspns coconut oil
    • favorite conditioner

Conditioner or Prepoo
    yogurt, honey, eggs, coconut oil or olive oil

Hairdress
    Shea butter with oils in a blender, add essential oils

Hair custard
    1/4 cup Flax seeds w/ 2 cups of water boiled for 5 minutes and strained
    Mix with hairdress above in equal parts. Add severals tbspns Grapefruit seed extract (GSE) as preservative.
    shake well
    3b/c, 2c at nape, fine, norm-hi porosity, low density, biracial, BSL
    Conditioner:Kanechom, Silicon Mix. Hello Hydration. ApHogee 2min
    Co-Wash: $ store cond
    Prepoo: combinations of:yogurt, liquid aminos, honey,mustard oil, egg,red palm oil,coconut milk
    Leave in Products: Silicon Mix Proteina de Perla LI, coconut milk, coconut oil, olive oil, or mustard oil
    Naturally curly color treated
    Fan of www.tightlycurly.com "Curly Like Me"
  • naturecatnaturecat Posts: 1,986Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Morrocco Method worked great the first time, then built up, maybe I'll try it as a pre poo. John Masters and Mineral Fusion Conditioners. Aubrey Organics sea buckthorn leave in spray condish and curl activator. My fav products tho are my own home made from foods and plants custom made for my hair, can't beat that!

3A/f/i
    Super baby fine hair, low porosity
    Shampoos: SM Fruit Fusion (mostly), Avalon lemon (to clarify). Occasional aloe vera and glycerin to wash.
    Stylers: Intelligent Nutrients Perfect Hold Hairspray
    Treatments: Catnip tea, IA girl's PT, Fermented Rice Water, Catnip Tea, Amla tea, Irish Moss, SS PT
  • mantis123mantis123 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I super love to use my euphoric argan oil which I purchased online several months ago. Before, I just use shampoo and conditioner for my hair but it seems that I need another product that will keep my hair hydrated all the time (because I'm really having frizzy hair especially in summer). I really feel that it moisturizes my hair and scalp and so I could avoid having dry, itchy scalp resulting to dandruff. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file