Thinking about the big chop

curlymamacitacurlymamacita Posts: 3Registered Users
I have been transitioning for almost a year now, and I have a lot of new growth. Trying to camouflage the two textures is becoming very time consuming. I'm considering cutting off my relaxed parts even though I really don't want to cut my hair. Any suggestions?

Sent from my Zio using CurlTalk App

Comments

• naturalfreshmannaturalfreshman Posts: 9Registered Users
    Hey I was looking at a blog www.hairmilk.com and she did not cut her hair about 2 years transition it is alot to maintain but I think worth it until your comfortable with the length I been inspired by YouTube videos of girls transitioning without the big chop I plan to do thAt to I am new to this by the way I hope I help a little
    Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
  • curlymamacitacurlymamacita Posts: 3Registered Users
    Thanks! I will check out the blog. I really don't want to cut my hair just yet, but I have a young baby and I just don't have a lot of time to spend on my hair. I guess my real problem is finding hairstyles that will last for awhile.

• naturalfreshmannaturalfreshman Posts: 9Registered Users
    I relate to you I have a 16 month baby and never have time for myself I find braids which is a style with low maintenance is really helpful

Sent from my iPod touch using CurlTalk
  • curlymamacitacurlymamacita Posts: 3Registered Users
    My little girl just turned 5months old today, and she is a handful. Lol...My husband doesn't get of work till late so I have to juggle my hair regimen along with taking care of her. I checked out the link that you sent and it did give me some inspiration not to cut my hair. Then I had another bad hair day and all my inspiration went out the window. I have now decided to do sort of a mini chop. I'm going to get it cut in a layered bob. Then when it grows out some more I'll get the rest cut.

• GoinNatural2011GoinNatural2011 Posts: 2Registered Users
    I have only been transitioning for a little under 3 mths the day after my 3 mth mark I plan to BC the only thing that worries me is I wont be able to braid it after it's cut im scared its gonna be shorter than what i really think it is "/ my BC date is July 5, 2011

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file