Growing out my pixie cut -- I have curls again!

cleassancleassan Posts: 17Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I haven't been here in a while because I had a pixie cut for a few years, and my hair is nearly straight when it's that short. I ditched all my routines because I just didn't need them.

Yesterday, I noticed my hair was starting to look wavy/curly again, so I came back to the forum to read about different techniques. I never had success applying gel to dripping hair, but decided to try it today. WOW!!

I left it like that for an hour, no clips or plopping. Just dangly and yucky looking. Then I tried to pixie diffuse, but didn't have the patience. I clipped up my roots a bit, too. Here's the end result, a few hours later:

photobucket-6812-1308613893879.jpg

I'm beyond thrilled with these results!!! I was just about at the point where I couldn't take the growing out process anymore. This has totally changed my mind!

Cristina
Cristina
3a/2b - some ringlets, lots of wavy curls
HG: Got2B Spiked Up Gel, Nature's Gate Organics Mandarin Patchouli conditioner

Comments

• moelarrymoelarry Posts: 20Registered Users
    +1

CG enabled me to get past the point where I just couldn't stand my pixie growing out. I'd been trying to get past it but would always throw in the towel and just get another haircut (usually way shorter than I asked for).

Congrats on your success!
    3a/3b growing out, CG 01/2011, medium texture, normal porosity/elasticity (LCLF)

Cowash-vo5/Sauve, RO-GVP Condish Balm/ION Effective Care, LI- AOHR/GVP condish balm w/drop of honey, styler-AG:Recoil, Gel-LALSG, BRHG
  • maydewmaydew Posts: 51Registered Users
    Lovely pic! Well done it takes a lot of determination to get past that akward bitty stage.
    Still experimenting!
    Hair 2c+3a?
    Mainly coarse and porous.
    Curl Junkie/Jessica Curls Cleanser/Aussie Shampoo
    CO-Alternating Garnier Fructus Shine and Repair, Aubreys Honeysuckle Rose and Tresemme Oganic conditioner
    LI-Garnier Shine and Repair
    Style-Experimenting Boots Curl Creme, Umberto Giannini Shapely Mousse
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    What a super cute look!! I love it!!
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

http://balancedbeauty.blogspot.com/
  • ash31ash31 Posts: 6Registered Users
    I'm growing out a pixie cut as well! I've been growing it out since November and it's now a very short bob. I want to grow my hair out past my shoulders!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file