L`oreal EverSleek Humidity Defying Leave In Cream

bedheadbedhead Registered Users Posts: 9
Just in case anyone was wondering, this stuff seems to be a perfectly good waste of $.
I've been no-poo, no silicones for more than a year. Sometimes, especially in the summer, I kinda miss lathering up, so I've been coveting the EverSleek shampoo and conditioner line. But I didn't want to mess with a good (well, at least "ok") thing, so I figured I'd give the leave-in cream a shot.
It smelled nice and felt pretty light. My hair dried feeling gunky, unclean, and stringy. Definitely, NOT for curly styles. I used less product the second time and it the result was less gross, but still not appealing -- no hold, no sleek, no good.
I haven't tried it for a blow-out day yet. Maybe it would work better for heat styling. But, in general, I'm calling it a waste of $8.99.
Anyone else have experience with any of the new EverSleek products?

Comments

• BeebopBeebop Registered Users Posts: 457 Curl Novice
    bedhead wrote: »
    Just in case anyone was wondering, this stuff seems to be a perfectly good waste of $.
    I've been no-poo, no silicones for more than a year. Sometimes, especially in the summer, I kinda miss lathering up, so I've been coveting the EverSleek shampoo and conditioner line. But I didn't want to mess with a good (well, at least "ok") thing, so I figured I'd give the leave-in cream a shot.
    It smelled nice and felt pretty light. My hair dried feeling gunky, unclean, and stringy. Definitely, NOT for curly styles. I used less product the second time and it the result was less gross, but still not appealing -- no hold, no sleek, no good.
    I haven't tried it for a blow-out day yet. Maybe it would work better for heat styling. But, in general, I'm calling it a waste of $8.99.
    Anyone else have experience with any of the new EverSleek products?
    I've been eyeballing this at the store for quite some time so thank you for killing my inner P.J. on this one so I don't waste the money!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Curly in AZ-2c-3a/Cherub/fine-med. texture/high porosity/normal elasticity/highlighted
    Wash-Desert essence frizz be gone/ Shea Moosture curl & shine/Biolage keratin dose
    Cond-Desert essence frizz be gone/Shea Moosture curl & Shine/ Biolage ultra hydrasource
    Leave In- Conditioner large pea size
    Stylers- Condition 3-in-1 mousse, Biologe mousse, Shea Moosture silicone free miracle styler leave in treatment, Shaper hairspray for extra hold.:coffee2::coffee:
  • jlpmom23jlpmom23 Registered Users Posts: 755
    I had such a love/hate with this cream. I learned the hard way that the teeny tiniest bit goes a looooooong way. When I use this, my hair looks great, I always get compliments on the days I use this. However, even when used sparingly, it makes my hair feel awful, just totally dirty.

You hit the nail on the head though, it is great on a blow out. I use the trio of the shamp, cond, and cream and end up with a blow out that easily lasts 2-3 days. And for some reason, my hair does not feel gross like it does when I go curly with this. Go figure.
  • JewelCurlsJewelCurls Registered Users Posts: 191
    This thread is very interesting to me, because I have had completely opposite results. I have to use a bunch (12-15 pumps that I dilute with a little water for better distribution) but it gives me great curl formation. It is a little looser that usual, and has a little crunch that I scrunch out when dry, but I use nothing but this cream and a generous amount of leave in an I am set for three days of fab curls with very little frizz. Might be a product interaction (if I use with a gel on top it gets stringy) or a texture difference for us, but my hair loves this stuff.
    You can't stop my happiness 'cuz I like the way I am! -Hairspray
    Dangerously open to product suggestion
    3b, thick, angled bob, coarse, low(ish) porosity.
    Favs:
    Poo (when I get buildup): Bumble&Bumble Curly Shampoo
    Lo-poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Conditioner
    LI: Aveda Be Curly Prep
    Stylin': Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer for a natural full-bodied look, SheaMoisture Smoothie for finger curls.

• krm4hkrm4h Registered Users Posts: 54
    I use one pump of this stuff on wet hair right out of the shower, and I really like it. It really keeps my frizz under control.
  • lovelovelovelovelovelove Registered Users Posts: 257
    I actually have great results with this product. I'm glad since I can get it on the ground, is fairly cheap, and is CG. Though I do feel it's more of a styler then a leave in.
    Ca m'a fait de la pé-peine!:love7:
  • nicmandelnicmandel Registered Users Posts: 14
    I feel the same way as you bedhead. I saw this at the store awhile back and didnt get it. Then I saw some great reviews for it on here so decided to pick it up the last time I was at the store. Well I tried it out yesterday and the results were awful. I had just done a DT and ACV so thought I would just use that with no mousse or gel and see how soft my hair would be. My curl was just about non existent and my hair felt gross, crunchy, and stringy. I was expecting it to act like a leave in only. I had to completely rinse my hair out and start over. I was so disappointed. Will not be using that again!

Oh, and I know it was not the treatment or acv that caused the grossness because after applying my typical stuff, my hair looked great!
  • JewelCurlsJewelCurls Registered Users Posts: 191
    It sounds like this product is finicky for some people. I just wanted to share a recent discovery. I have been trying to figure out how to successfully dilute this product, and I have found something that works really well. I mixed it half and half with Curls in a Bottle. Normally I divide my hair into 8 sections: 2 back, 2 crown, 2 front, and 2 middle. Normally I would use 2-3 pumps of this stuff per section after a leave-in. Instead, I mixed 1 pump of this creme with a roughly equal puddle of Curls in a Bottle (ok, sometimes my CIAB puddle was a little bigger lol... its hard to control) and distributed that instead. I got awesome coverage, good shine, and the same frizz fighting effect that I like, but less crunch, and less drying time, and I used less product. I like my CIAB, but it does not have enough hold on its own, so this works really well for it as well; they even each other out. If someone is stuck with part of a bottle of this and does not want to pitch it, this is something you could try.
    You can't stop my happiness 'cuz I like the way I am! -Hairspray
    Dangerously open to product suggestion
    3b, thick, angled bob, coarse, low(ish) porosity.
    Favs:
    Poo (when I get buildup): Bumble&Bumble Curly Shampoo
    Lo-poo: L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Conditioner
    LI: Aveda Be Curly Prep
    Stylin': Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer for a natural full-bodied look, SheaMoisture Smoothie for finger curls.

• itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Registered Users Posts: 1,084 Curl Neophyte
    Yeah, I got the same results. My hair felt NASTY. Definitely not for type 4s (well at least if your hair has similar properties to mine).
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
  • wavyonewavyone Registered Users Posts: 220 Curl Connoisseur
    I don't completely LOVE this, but so far, it does seem to be helping a bit with frizz. Not regretting the purchase as I don't have anything similar to it as of yet.
    2a or b, highlighted, fine hair but lots of it
    Modified CG since 6/11

Low Poo: CJ Daily Fix
    Co-Wash: DevaCurl No Poo
    Rinse Out: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner or Deva One C
    DT: CJ Rehab
    Stylers: Deva Heaven in Hair as a Leave-in, followed by Arc Angel
    SOTC: CJ CIAB
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    Will you ladies please add your product reviews here?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • supersoupsupersoup Registered Users Posts: 50
    My experience with this product is that it really depends on how and when you apply it. Used wet, I don't notice much of a difference. Used dry, though, I really like the results. I'm someone who tends to get a lot of mid-day frizz, and generally most products don't do too well when applied to dry hair. This stuff is great for that. For my hair, it gets rid of the frizz and re-defines my curls. Contrary to weighing it down, it actually makes it bouncier when applied in a scrunching motion.
    Hair type: 3a (Botticelli)

First DevaCut on 8/10/11 and my hair looks great!

Products:
    DevaCurl No Poo
    DevaCurl One Condition
    Suave EverSleek DT
    Still trying to find the perfect styling routine using AnGel, LA Looks Sport, and FOTE AVG.
    Just purchased KCCC and excited to test it out!
  • Cuban-curl-ECuban-curl-E Registered Users Posts: 476 Curl Neophyte
    bedhead wrote: »

I haven't used this but my co-worker and I are both CG and experimenting. I noticed her hair was looking frizzier and asked what was happening and she said she'd been using the L'oreal Eversleek cream. She doesn't like gels and thought she'd try this out. I noticed the difference. She said she won't be buying this one again. :cry:
    3a/b, fine texture, low porosity, normal elasticity, mod-CG 7/11/11

Poo: KC Come Clean, SM Moisture Retention
    CO: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan & Olive Oil, Renpure Argan Oil, YTCucumbers, Sevi Pumpkin
    Style: AIF, HESMU, Biolage gelee, KCCC
    LOOB for second day hair

Like BS/ACV rinses, limit protein/humectants.
  • xcptnlxcptnl Registered Users Posts: 15,678 Curl Connoisseur
    I tried this today and I like it. I had a $2 off coupon and it was on sale at Walmart so I figured why not.

I used as someone else suggested as a styler and mixing it with curls in a bottle. I used two pumps and a nickel sized amount of CIAB. No other leave in - I shampooed and used a rinse out conditioner. I got decent curl, my hair is not flat and does not feel gunky. I did put a pea sized amount of brhg over it as I am always concerned about my curls not having enough hold while drying. I diffused for about 15 minutes and let it finish airdrying. Everything scrunched out nicely once dry. Does not look producty. My only compliant is the smell-a bit perfumey for me but it does not seem to be lingering.

This may be a product that works better for certain textures. I will definitely be using again.
    Central Massachusetts

One good reason to only maintain a small circle of friends is that three out of four murders are committed by people who know the victim. ~George Carlin~

In regards to Vagazzling: They just want to get into the goods without worrying about getting scratched up by fake crystals. ~spring1onu~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file