CurlTalk

Curly Hair Unmanageable and Limp????

Hi!

In the last 5 months, my curly hair has become completely unmanageable! It is very thin but used to look full if i just added some mousse and diffused it. Hairspray would give it extra (crunchy) hold. Now, no matter how much hairspray i use, my hair is soft, the curl almost falls out, and it looks so thin. I can't stand it!

I believe they changed our water, and the water is extremely soft. I have tried using only a spray product, not conditioning, and a Brocato peppermint 3-step deep cleansing system. I am going to try to use my sulfate-free shampoo again (stopped using it in hard water because it didn't work).

Anyone else experience this or know what to do to get my hair back?!

I very much appreciate it!

Comments

• RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    You may want to start incorporating protein treatments into your routine. I would recommend the "Repair Me" from Curl Junkie. Unlike most drugstore brands (Aphogee/Joico K-Pac) this one doesn't have mineral oil.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • stefflynhstefflynh Posts: 410Registered Users
    Yes, PT! I do about 2 a week & I don't need to follow with a DT. I can use the Kpac though. My hair loves mineral oil. I just received Repair Me today, so I'm excited to try that out.

My hair is fine & I can't even cowash or my roots go limp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]properties-3 a\b, very fine, medium density, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    low poo- GTT, 50\50 or whatever I have at hand
    RO- CJBCS, TNVC, Suave Coco
    Stylers-FSG & BRHG
    PT (twice a week)-CJRM, Ion Reconstructor, SSPT
  • hippiechic81hippiechic81 Posts: 1,239Registered Users
    I agree with the protein!!! I would also definitely do some low-poos as well and see if that helps. You might even need to add in a sulfate wash every once in a while. I have (I'm pretty sure) hard water too and I can't co-wash at all with it. I strictly low-poo and do a sulfate wash a couple times a month.
    2a, fine-med. text, normal porosity (I think)

[FONT=Going back and forth between Herbal Essence Don't Fade On Me shampoo and condish and L'oreal Sulfate Free shampoo

Stylers-
    - Not Your Mother's Curl Cream, La Bella Sports Gel, Aussie Sprunch Spray

[/COLOR][/FONT] My waves are finally getting stronger thanks to weekly PTs and longer hair in general. Still trying to grow it out though!:headbang:

mod-CG since December '10

I have Celiac's Disease so no gluten please!

My hair is basically my hobby!!

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fbalancedbeauty.blogspot.com%2F" class="Popup
  • rog1109rog1109 Posts: 5Registered Users
    Thanks I will try the protein! Sadly, i get a lot of confidence from my hair and lately it's been so frustrating! I don't know why they added water softener :(