CurlTalk

steamer users?

Does anyone get good results from hair steamers? I hear they help dehydrated hair and also with tangles. My hair is so thick and prone to dryness, I could use help with this! It takes me like an hour to detangle when I wash it, plus the tangles and dryness make me have to cut my hair so often because of damage:(. Any feedback? I hear a lot about the huetiful steamer, wouldn't mind hearing about that specific one or any others.

3c

Comments

• Jo SomebodyJo Somebody Posts: 1,578Registered Users
    This doesn't really help, but I think I'm getting my sister a Jannu steamer off eBay for her birthday, so I'll see how she likes it and I'll cheekily use it myself when I'm home! Hehe! :D
    My hair is in the 4s, low in porosity, high in density and coarse. :happy6:

Love: QB - all of it, Bobeam - shampoo bars, Darcy's Botanicals - Pumpkin Seed Conditioner, Coconut Cupuacu Pomade, KBN - Shealoe Leave-in, Oyin - Juices & Berries, Kinky Curly - Knot Today, Ayurvedic treatments, my Denman and the cloud of kinky goodness on my head that I get to play with! :love8:
  • NYCgirlNYCgirl Posts: 236Registered Users
    I love my Huetiful Steamer!! It gets the job done for me! I usually steam my hair every other week and my hair feels great afterwards. My hair isn't really thick or anything so I don't know if that has anything to do with my experience/results with the steamer.

I don't know of any other tabletop steamers that are available, although I bought my Huetiful this past Fall so I haven't looked for another one. If anyone knows of other tabletop steamers on the market, please share!!!
    • Oils: EVOO,JBCO, Almond Oil
    • Cleanse: SM JBCO Replenishing Shampoo, Jane Carter's Conditioning and Cleansing Co-Wash
    • Pre-poo: Trader Joe's Coconut Oil, Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner
    • LI: CRN The Leave-in Collection,
    • DC: LUSH Deep Conditioning Treatment by Miche Beauty, Cantu Deep Treatment Masque
    • PT: CJ Repair Me, Mielle Organics Babassu Oil Mint Deep Conditioner
    • Style: CRN Curl Maker, KCCC, WetLine Xtreme Gel, Cantu Coconut Curling Cream
  • Marci PieMarci Pie Posts: 622Registered Users
    I do a homemade version:

Steam Treatment

You will need:

r 2 turbie turbans from the Dollar Store
    r 2 plastic caps
    r 1 pair of rubber gloves
    r Deep conditioner of your choice

After co-washing or shampoo (loo or no) put a deep conditioner in your hair.

Wet 2 turbies and microwave in a bowl for 10 minutes.
    Wring out the turbies using the rubber gloves.
    Wrap hair with first turbie
    Cover turbie with plastic cap
    Repeat with second turbie and plastic cap
    In the end you will have turbie, plastic cap, turbie, and plastic cap.
    Sit under hair dryer for 20 minutes.
    Rinse and style hair as usual.

If I had the money I would buy the huetiful in a heartbeat!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3b, Medium-Coarse (slight coarse charactericstics), Normal porosity & Low elasticity per Curl Wizard Profile.
    Low-poo: Nourish Shampoo
    Co-wash: Suave, Vo5, HE, Aussie Moist
    Deep Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm
    Leave-in: Nourish Conditioner (Trader Joe's)
    Stylers: LA Looks Sports, Coconut Oil, Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil.
    Methods: Wet plop or pineapple at night, diffuse in the morning. Scrunch w/joboba, coconut or almond oil.