Curlformers! I finally found what I've been looking for

taisha.pereztaisha.perez Posts: 74Registered Users
I just bought curlformers last night! I have been looking for something that will loosen my tight curls without heat and I finally found it! I bought the salon kit at Sallys. I wish I would've gotten the wider ones, but other than that I'm happy. If you havent seen them, look them up on youtube. They're pricey at 70 bucks, but worth it especially if you're like me and going through a long transition :)

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    what is your curl pattern? Looking forward to hearing how you like them. I have been tempted to try them, but my hair is thin/fine so I don't know how they would work out for me.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • taisha.pereztaisha.perez Posts: 74Registered Users
    My curl pattern is about a 3b type. Somedays 3a or 3c. Its also verrrryyyy thin and it worked great!

• fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Wouldn't flexirods have the same
    affect? Could u tell us how theyre different, pls?
  • taisha.pereztaisha.perez Posts: 74Registered Users
    Honestly I have never used flexi rods. I was looking for beachy big curls and after doing some research decided to try Curlformers
    and they worked great and were easy to do.
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    I'm so glad you've found something that works. Isn't it a great feeling?
    Oh, and will you please add a review here?

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    I finally got the curlformers. I
    Must be doing something wrong as They're just not working for me. I watched tonnes of YouTube instruction videos & followed em
    To a Tee. I have predominantly 3c hair with some 3b as I'm transitioning. I tried putting the curlformers in while my hair was damp & no curls were formed. So I tried with wet hair & some curls were formed but mostly not. I added product to my hair b4 I began & then thriughout. Anyone have any ideas how or where I'm going wrong????
  • BrettyUBrettyU Posts: 930Registered Users
    fonki wrote: »
    I finally got the curlformers. I
    Must be doing something wrong as They're just not working for me. I watched tonnes of YouTube instruction videos & followed em
    To a Tee. I have predominantly 3c hair with some 3b as I'm transitioning. I tried putting the curlformers in while my hair was damp & no curls were formed. So I tried with wet hair & some curls were formed but mostly not. I added product to my hair b4 I began & then thriughout. Anyone have any ideas how or where I'm going wrong????

How long are you leaving them in? What products are you using? I've noticed that if my hair is even the slightest bit damp upon removal my set will be a disaster. Your hair has got to be completely dry before attempting to remove the curlformers.

I use a bit of setting lotion applied to small thin sections of hair. I twist the section a few times at the root and then apply the curlformer as close to my scalp as possible. I do my set on freshly washed wet hair and allow them to airdry overnight. I always get great results this way.
    Products i used - curls whipped cream & the time b4 that I used curly meringue.

Mmmm maybe that's it cuz my hair was a little damp. Some parts were dry.

It takes a whole day for my hair to hair dry & even then underneath it cld still be slightly damp. I might try the hair dryer next time
  • KeepitNaturalKeepitNatural Posts: 95Registered Users
    Products i used - curls whipped cream & the time b4 that I used curly meringue.

Mmmm maybe that's it cuz my hair was a little damp. Some parts were dry.

It takes a whole day for my hair to hair dry & even then underneath it cld still be slightly damp. I might try the hair dryer next time

I would use a setting lotion and make sure they are completely dry!!!
  • KeepitNaturalKeepitNatural Posts: 95Registered Users
    Wouldn't flexirods have the same
    affect? Could u tell us how theyre different, pls?

Ohhhh and the curlformers get the root straighter in my opinion...

Here's a set I did on my daughter.
    4c7d5b72-e1e8-4686.jpg

4c7d5b72-e1f3-9ac2.jpg
  • BrettyUBrettyU Posts: 930Registered Users
    ^^what a gorgeous set!
    So beautiful!
  • Prototype_KPrototype_K Posts: 59Registered Users
    wooooow, i am definitely trying them. :D
  • KeranKeran Posts: 17Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just bought curlformers last night! I have been looking for something that will loosen my tight curls without heat and I finally found it! I bought the salon kit at Sallys.

My Niece showed them to me and gave me of demo of how to use them over the summer. It looks easy, but I haven't tried them. But I'm due for a different hairstyle.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file