Can I use this with the CG method?

LittleRedLittleRed Posts: 6Registered Users
Hi,

I am trying to go the CG way. The no-poo / low-poo shampoos and conditioners seem to work well for me, but the styling products are not delivering the same results as my previous line-up. I have two questions:

1. Special Effects Curls Up has always been my curl lifeline. It appears that I cannot use it because it contains silicones. I saw there is a clarifying spray made by Enjoy that supposedly removes build-up and can be used in conjunction with a sulfate free shampoo. Could I just use that to get rid of the build-up and continue to use Curls Up?

2. The same brand makes asomething called Curl Booster Fixative Gel. I saw on another post that someone said it is CG safe. They made a new version of it called FX Wild Harvest Hair Curl Booster Asian Plum Fixative Gel. The ingredients are as follows:

DI Water, PVP, PVP/VA Copolymer, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, PVM/MA Decadiene Crosspolymer, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile Extract), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Parfum, Aminomethyl Propanol, DMDM Hydantoin.

Is this CG safe as well? I appreciate any help! Not really sure what I'm doing, and I have spent quite a bit on fancy products that aren't agreeing with my hair as well as this brand.

Thank you!

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    You'd be surprised what products that didn't work pre-CG ended up working after. There were a lot that ended up working better than my so-called HGs.

That being said you could continue to use it as long as you did use a sulfates-free shampoo. And the gel is CG too! Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using CurlTalk App
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • LittleRedLittleRed Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thank you for the help!

I didn't think the Wild Harvest contained silicone (nothing ended with -cone), but those labels are tricky to decode. I'll give it a try. Since the Curl Reactivator worked so well, I am hoping I'll get similar results with the Curl Boosting Fixative.

Has anyone tried it out???

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file