How To Keep some curls with BB

thdavisthdavis Registered Users Posts: 2
I have had the brazilian blowout done twice on my 3b curly hair. In Michele's video, I noticed that she still had a lot of curl left after the BB treatment. Anyone know what her stylist does so she retains so much curl, just softer? My hair is a bit too straight for the first 3-4 weeks and then gets some bounce back. I've read a lot of thread comments, but none seem to address this issue. Thank you!

Comments

• DimePiece17DimePiece17 Registered Users Posts: 521
    I don't know who michelle is and I've only ever done bkts at home. I keep my curls because I have tightly curled hair naturally, And I only do 5-6 passes per section with the flat iron. I also do root only touch ups, and limit the amount of heat used when blow drying. Good luck!
    Beauty Tips for the Budgetista?
    Check me out on Youtube, Tumblr, FB, and Twitter!
    DimepieceonaDime-FB PAGE, Youtube Channel, and Tumblr
    Dimefabulous-Twitter name
    http://dimepieceonadime.tumblr.com/
  • thdavisthdavis Registered Users Posts: 2
    Thank you for the info. Michele is one of the founders of Naturallycurly.com. She posted a video of her Brazilian Blowout on naturallycurly.com. Her hair looks like it's 3(b) or (c) hair and is still very curly after the treatment.

What product do you use at home (Organix?) and how often do you apply to your whole head?

I'm new to this website. I've read a few of your threads and have enjoyed your knowledge!
    I use shea moisture moisture retention shampoo and conditioner. I also use aubrey organics honey suckle rose conditioner, nature gate hemp conditioner, and my honey child banana creme rinse ( BEST BEST slip ever.)

I don't use organix because i prefer to use all natural shampoos and conditioners, although I still use mixed chicks leave in. most of the bkt after care shampoos and conditioners are expensive/full of crappy ingredients.

i'd probably do a full head once a year or whenever I feel I need it.

Again, I've never done a brazillian Blow out, but I have done Brazilian keratin treatments. The brand of treatment will also determine how much curl you have left.
  • anniemaeanniemae Registered Users Posts: 1,702 Curl Neophyte
    I just got the Brazilian Blowout done 2 weeks ago, and my hair is poker straight!! I never thought I'd say this, but it's almost too straight!! But, the great thing is that I can just let it air-dry and I'll get a little beachy-wave with no frizz!!

This past week, I've been adding gel and a scrunching spray to my damp hair to try to get a little wavier look.

I guess I should just enjoy this straight look while it lasts, but it just seems so flat and stringy to me.

Just an fyi - my hair is very fine and kind of thin. What is your general hair type?
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • stephybstephyb Registered Users Posts: 2
    HairGuru 17,
    Which brand of keratin complex do you use? I'm getting the process done next week and my goal is to loosen my 4b curls. Also what shampoo do you use?
    My farorite is Marcia Tiexera, but it's over 60 bucks for 4 ounces, so i don't use it much.

I was using Organix for a while from CVS, which was okay too.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file