Help my husband is disgusted with my No-Poo

cam.washcam.wash Posts: 35Registered Users
So my husband asked what are you doing differently with your hair? I shared with him the stuff I gave been learning from here and the book The Curly Girl Method. His face priceless when I told I'm not shampooing my hair anymore I explained it all to him he said, "ok that's just gross isn't your hair going to start stinking and pores get all clogged up, and your hair is gonna start to fall out." I was all Nooooo it's all about scrubbing your scalp with conditioner and showed him on his head how I do it and he said, "ok that feels good, but still that's just weird." What do tell him to get the idea out his head that it's not gross?!
"Moisturize->Seal->Style-> SOTC"
Moisturize-> Cowash:GFTN, RO:GVP CB, LI:KCKT
Seal-> EVCO
Style-> KCCC
SOTC-> KCGP
3B, Normal Porosity, Protein Sens, CG Jun 2011 :wink:

Comments

• crwrittcrwritt Posts: 705Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    cam.wash wrote: »
    So my husband asked what are you doing differently with your hair? I shared with him the stuff I gave been learning from here and the book The Curly Girl Method. His face priceless when I told I'm not shampooing my hair anymore I explained it all to him he said, "ok that's just gross isn't your hair going to start stinking and pores get all clogged up, and your hair is gonna start to fall out." I was all Nooooo it's all about scrubbing your scalp with conditioner and showed him on his head how I do it and he said, "ok that feels good, but still that's just weird." What do tell him to get the idea out his head that it's not gross?!

Just don't mention it again, he'll forget all about it, and next time he compliments your hair, say thank you. Don't get too technical. If he asks if you are washing your hair, say yes. You are, really. You just aren't using shampoo.
  • AshleycurlsAshleycurls Posts: 2Registered Users
    My Mom said the same thing when I told her I don't wash all of my hair with shampoo everyday. But, what I actually do is shampoo my scalp and use a lot of conditioner. I use Suave conditioner and products that add fullness to my look. So tell your husband that only conditioning is less damaging to curls.
  • curlykristenxxcurlykristenxx Posts: 51Registered Users
    tell you him do a wash with baking soda and apple cider vinegar once a week (even if you dont) to get rid of buildup. and tell him you still scrub the scalp to clean it and the condish stilll makes your hair smell good! lots of girls do it and our hair is clean!
  • lazy_wavylazy_wavy Posts: 36Registered Users
    My bf was a little skeptical when I told him I was going to try going shampoo-free (though he knows better than to try and interfere with my hair care :)), but the other day, I pointed out that I've been shampoo free since May 30, and showed him that my hair is clean! So you may just wait until your scalp has really adjusted to being shampoo-free, so he can see the proof for himself.

You could also show him the label: point out any cleansing ingredients in your cowash, and explain how they work (i.e., that they are a gentler alternative to using sulfates and other harsh chemicals to clean your hair, but still remove dirt/oil).
    2c using mod-CG
    Thick & coarse, weak wave pattern, protein-sensitive
    Shampoo: Avalon Organics Olive
    Conditioner: Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner; AOHR
    LI: CJ Beauticurls; Desert Essence Coconut Conditioner
    Wavy styling: KCCC or GF Pure Clean Gel
    Straight styling: Kiehl's Silk Groom

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file