Colorful Neutral Protein Filler

2»

Comments

• ninja dogninja dog Posts: 23,780Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know.

I was joshing you.
  • cam.washcam.wash Posts: 35Registered Users
    Is CNPF ok to use for as a leave in underneath gel by following the dilution method for non colored hair?
    I was recommended this product from a thread I posted. My hair has never been dyed and since it's like a developer im curious if it will fade or affect my natural hair color?
    "Moisturize->Seal->Style-> SOTC"
    Moisturize-> Cowash:GFTN, RO:GVP CB, LI:KCKT
    Seal-> EVCO
    Style-> KCCC
    SOTC-> KCGP
    3B, Normal Porosity, Protein Sens, CG Jun 2011 :wink:
    I wouldn't use it full strength..........
  • cam.washcam.wash Posts: 35Registered Users
    I may just stay away from this product to be on the safe side, thanks for the suggestion.
    "Moisturize->Seal->Style-> SOTC"
    Moisturize-> Cowash:GFTN, RO:GVP CB, LI:KCKT
    Seal-> EVCO
    Style-> KCCC
    SOTC-> KCGP
    3B, Normal Porosity, Protein Sens, CG Jun 2011 :wink:
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    kasden wrote: »
    Yay for 16 oz! The shipping is crazy expensive...but I found it here: adiscountbeauty.com for about $10 cheaper!

Thanks you! This is even better. Bookmarked!
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
    cam.wash wrote: »
    I may just stay away from this product to be on the safe side, thanks for the suggestion.

Don't be afraid of it, just go slowly at first.

Do a test strand one day, and see what happens. If all goes well, forge ahead!
    Confession:

My stylist saw my hair, said, "You burned your scalp," and a few hours later, fixed the color for me.

I'm back to the right shade. The protein filler had helped (really!) but it was still too light, and I was afraid to try to dye it again so soon.

So, no more color experiments for me. (Trying to reform, since I always screw it up.)

(I'm admitting all this so no one else blithely assumes she'll get perfection if her hair is already weird from damage/home color, etc. Not a retraction, but a...... development.)

Carry on.
  • kasdenkasden Posts: 1,045Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    kasden wrote: »
    Yay for 16 oz! The shipping is crazy expensive...but I found it here: adiscountbeauty.com for about $10 cheaper!

Thanks you! This is even better. Bookmarked!

Thank YOU for finding 16 oz bottles in the first place! I'll be using it a lot more often. I used some today - it's the first frizz-free day I've had in a couple of months :blob5:
    2c/3a, fine, low-med porosity, below BSL, mod CG since 9/09

"I'm fairly certain that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world." - Leigh Standley
  • bliss611bliss611 Posts: 238Registered Users
    OMG - I had no idea this board existed :)

Anyway I posted a comment about this in the reviews board a couple of days ago - I tried using this as a hard protein treatment last weekend and LOVED it. It was comparable to SS protein treatment for me.

I diluted it like says on the bottle - 1 part water to 2 waters protein filler. I used it on damp, washed (lo-poo'd but not conditioned) hair and left it on about 30-40 mins - no heat. Then rinsed it out and conditioned with a rich RO. (this is how I used SS as well)

Hair was a bit hard since I didn't DC afterwards but healthy, shiny, and springy. Did a DT 2 days later and got all my softness back.

At less than half the price of SS PT, this is a definite keeper!

Oh - still have to put in a signature but I have 3b, medium texture, normal elasticity, normal porosity hair that acts higly porous.
    3B curls
    Medium texture
    Normal elasticity
    High porosity
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file