lingering Aphogee stench

2AonaGoodDay2AonaGoodDay Posts: 20Registered Users
Based on the many, many glowing reviews in the 2 forums, I got some Aphogee 2 step protein treatment today. I did the PT for around an hour, rinsed, did a DT for 20 minutes or so and showered. I still stink like Aphogee. Please tell me how to make the bad smell go far far away! Please!

p.s. Thank you for the new forum!
Hair type: 2a (obv), fine, porous. Not really wavy, definitely not straight. Chin length. About 50% gray, so I color monthly.

Lopoo/Shampoo:
*Deva No-Poo *Shea Moisture Retention (kinda heavy though) * Yes to Carrots

Conditioners:
*Natures Gate herbal * Suave Coconut * GVP cond balm * Shea Moisture

Comments

• IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You should check out this thread: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/2/116257-pt-recipe-promised.html
    It is a recipe invented to work like Aphogee (with whatever variations and technique you like) without the lingering stench.
    Lots of us have tested it!
  • 2AonaGoodDay2AonaGoodDay Posts: 20Registered Users
    Just an update- the next morning, with completely dry hair the smell is gone. I was worried I would smell like the back end of cat all weekend.

And yes, I will be trying some of IA's recipes. I don't know if I can deal with a whole lot of that Aphogee stuff again. Too bad I bought the $22 bottle.
    Hair type: 2a (obv), fine, porous. Not really wavy, definitely not straight. Chin length. About 50% gray, so I color monthly.

Lopoo/Shampoo:
    *Deva No-Poo *Shea Moisture Retention (kinda heavy though) * Yes to Carrots

Conditioners:
    *Natures Gate herbal * Suave Coconut * GVP cond balm * Shea Moisture
  • IAgirlIAgirl Posts: 2,540Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Eek, gads, a whole bottle! When I used to use that stuff, I washed my hair afterwards and it reduced the scent somewhat. Not enough for my tastes!
  • OnduleeOndulee Posts: 1,303Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    mine doesn't smell bad at all. And no one in my house has complained about any funky cat smell either....
    shoulder length bob; fine; 3A-3B; thin density; normal porosity; normal elasticity- my hair loves keratin, ACV, silk protein ,Curlkeeper and AG:Recoil ; needs moisturizing products and hates oils except mineral oil; CG- Jan/'09-mod CG Sept/'09;CG again Jan/'10/mod CG from Mar'10

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file