CurlTalk

KCCC I forgot how great this stuff is!

I haven't used this in some time, I never reordered after I ran out and then recently bought some more. This stuff is amazing and I forgot how well it works, especially over a leave in conditioner and with Spiral Solutions Jelly.
Just had to share! :thumbright:
Hair Type-3b Location: Florida
John 3:16
Poo: Jessicurl HCC, As I Am
Conditioners: Aubrey Organics, KCKT, CJ HBDT, Darcy's Botanicals
Leave In/Styling: KCCC, Darcy's Botanicals, SS
Favorites (HG): KCCC; spiral solutions jelly; darcy's botanicals, FSG
No-No's: castor oil, beeswax, glycerine, silicones
LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fdiscobug71%2F" class="Popup
password: curly

Comments

• RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    I've been wanting to try this for a while but keep hearing mixed reviews. Don't know if it'll help my curls form better or if it'll make them droopy. I love experimenting with products but this one is kind of an expensive one to just try.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • SegBSegB Posts: 692Registered Users
    Rusycurly wrote: »
    I've been wanting to try this for a while but keep hearing mixed reviews. Don't know if it'll help my curls form better or if it'll make them droopy. I love experimenting with products but this one is kind of an expensive one to just try.

If you have a Whole Foods nearby, they let you return products you don't like...I have taken advantage of that numerous times :-)
    2b/3a, normal/high porosity, fine/medium texture, medium density, low elasticity

Low Poo- Tigi Colour Goddess, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT (clarify 1X/week)
    Condish- CJ Curl Rehab, Giovanni 50:50, Giovanni TTT
    Leave In- Slip Detangler, KCKT, Redken Curl Refiner
    Style- KCCC, SS CEJ, SS FHG
    Treatment- CJ Repair Me! and CJ CR

Dislikes: Too much protein, high glycerin content, and heavy oils
  • discobugdiscobug Posts: 404Registered Users
    I see you are a 2b; my advice is if you decide to try it use a little bit the first time or on one spot and spread it really well in your palms b/c it does elongate curls and can be heavy if you use too much. It will dry crunchy but it easily scrunches out. My hair loves aloe and agave and it has both. It is very moisturizing so it's good if you have dry hair too.

Can you get it locally? If you don't like it put it on the swap board, so many curlies love it here they would take it off your hands I'm sure! Good luck!
    LOVE: aloe vera, agave nectar, shea butter, flax seed gel; good DT's once a week
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fdiscobug71%2F" class="Popup
  • RednaturalcurlsRednaturalcurls Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    Discobug - are you putting the Spiral Solutions jelly on before or after the KCCC? I have both products but never tried together and neither have enough hold for me alone.
    Hair Type: mix of 3's, growing out an angled bob, color-treated red.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray
    Hair idol: Kimberly Schlapman from Little Big Town
  • RacerWife7RacerWife7 Posts: 890Registered Users
    I use my KCCC regularly and it always works great. Used it today (6/17) with nothing else other than my conditioner (RO). I LOOOOVE my KCCC ALMOST as much as my CJ products. ;)
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    Properties: Dense, Fine, Low Porosity, Low Elasticity
    My Picasa Album
    What I used in this photo:
    Cleansing: Suave Tropical Coconut Condish
    Conditioner: CJ Smoothing Condish
    Styling: CJCQ
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • Curly Girl FlaCurly Girl Fla Posts: 1,834Registered Users
    KCCC is still my all-time favorite, and I use it alone. It has plenty of hold for me. My hair normally doesn't like aloe, but it's always loved this. You can get the 8oz a bit cheaper at Stock N Go, and promo code fathersday15 gives you 15% more off their original 15% discounted price (so $14.44 no minimums & free shipping, I think?) They always run different specials...I prefer the 8oz size, so I had stocked up awhile ago w/ the smaller ones, and it's still cheaper than the 16oz anywhere else. Also-I think first time customers may even get a 20% discount instead-you'd have to investigate, but that's what I did.
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Posts: 17,502Registered Users
    I've been using it since 2007, and it rarely fails me. I don't get elongation from it.

I do sometimes add a gel with a polymer on top of the KCCC in really high dew points.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • mrsgp101310mrsgp101310 Posts: 182Registered Users
    Well, I just broke down and ordered this! And thanks, Curly Girl Fla, for the heads up at stockngo-$14.44 it was :)
    Cyndi ~ TX CG since 11/10 :mrgreen:
    3a, medium texture, normal porosity & elasticity, medium density, color-treated, frizz-prone

Currently using:
    Co-wash: Suave Naturals Coco; AIA Coconut cowash
    Cleansing: CJ DF
    RO: CJ Smoothing,GVP CB
    LI: CJ Smoothing Lotion, AIA leave in
    Stylers: SCE Okra Gel; SCE CC; SCE HHG, SSCEJ, SSFHG, AIA Curl Jelly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Well, I just broke down and ordered this! And thanks, Curly Girl Fla, for the heads up at stockngo-$14.44 it was :)

+1!! :love4:
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
    Racerwife7 - you have the cutest pictures.

I am going to have to experiment more with KCCC.
    Current products: GVP conditioning balm for co-wash and leave in, Curl Junkie Curls in a Bottle, Pattern Pusha and Garnier Anti-humidity hairspray

Thanks! 8) I take TOO many trying to get one or two good ones. LOL!
    Janet ~ Northern NJ
    My Picasa Album
    th_d963586e.jpg
  • discobugdiscobug Posts: 404Registered Users
    Discobug - are you putting the Spiral Solutions jelly on before or after the KCCC? I have both products but never tried together and neither have enough hold for me alone.

I put the SS Jelly on first, if you read the label on the SS it says it works well to layer with other products or alone so I thought I would try it and liked it! I suppose it doesn't matter if you put it on before the KCCC or after though.
    SS works great on dry hair too as a refresher.
  • asianrunnerasianrunner Posts: 2,251Registered Users
    discobug wrote: »

I put the SS Jelly on first, if you read the label on the SS it says it works well to layer with other products or alone so I thought I would try it and liked it! I suppose it doesn't matter if you put it on before the KCCC or after though.
    SS works great on dry hair too as a refresher.

I've never layered but I sometimes mix the two together! I try layering next time.
    Coarse texture, normal-high porosity, normal elasticity (Komaza Care), very weak waves
    cleanser: Redken Fresh Curls Shampoo, CJ Daily Fix

rinse out: GVP Conditioning Balm, CJ Beauticurls, CJ Smoothing

jellies/creams: CR Curl Maker, KCCC
    gels: CJ CQ, CJ Pattern Pusha, BRHG

RacerWife7 wrote: »

Thanks! 8) I take TOO many trying to get one or two good ones. LOL!

LOL! If anyone ever looked through my phone they would think I was weird and/or crazy because I have a ton of pictures of my hair. I like to see how it's doing, what it looks like, plus it shows me growth progress.

I don't take good pictures either so I have to take several to get one good one. I do better when I am not prepared for it.