Awkward Lengths?

anotherdayanotherday Posts: 8Registered Users
So I currently have thick, 3b hair, grown to the nape of my neck, since I just big chopped it about a month ago. I'm trying to grow my curls out, but I'm concerned about what to do with it when it's about halfway down my neck: basically, when it's too short to pull back, but too long to look cute. Any suggestions?

For products, I use loreal's sulfate free shampoo and conditioner, garnier frutis conditioner for damaged hair, and Ouidad's botanical boost and climate control. I also live in Houston, so it's REALLY humid, and I need a way to fight the humidity

Comments

• rolltidegalrolltidegal Posts: 307Registered Users
    I'm at that length right now, pretty much. I braid it. A lot. And I'm not talking labor intensive mini/micro/box type braids. Old school French braids. Usually just two down my head like pigtails. Sometimes two that meet in the back of my head in a ponytail. Keeps it off my neck and out of my face in not-quite-as-sweltering-as-Houston West Alabama.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk - sorry for any speed/autocorrect type errors!
    Roll Tide!
    I was at the 2009 and 2011 BCS National Championship Games :)

Medium-coarse, super high density, normal porosity, low elasticity.
    I'm currently trying out various Curl Junkie and Devacurl products.

Fotki: fotki.com/rolltidegal
    password is 'rolltide'
  • coco_bunnycoco_bunny Posts: 216Registered Users
    my hair is also to short to pull back... What I've found is playing around w/ accessories esp. in the front has helped a lot... I'm starting to LOVE hair flowers... also I've found play around w/ parts and using clips such as bobby pins or mini jaw clips has helped my hair boredom greatly... Hope this answers your question....
    BC ~ August 2010 ~ GOAL ~ hip/tail bone length :love4:
    Current Length: 12 inches
    TWO YEARS NATURAL! :occasion1:
    3b/3c VERY naturally porous hair
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bridgete2010bridgete2010 Posts: 144Registered Users
    coco_bunny wrote: »
    my hair is also to short to pull back... What I've found is playing around w/ accessories esp. in the front has helped a lot... I'm starting to LOVE hair flowers... also I've found play around w/ parts and using clips such as bobby pins or mini jaw clips has helped my hair boredom greatly... Hope this answers your question....

Yes! I was about to say, hair accessories and barettes are great:)

event.png
    my new blog ~~

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file