Growing hair out that is layered to unlayered hair

TNeilsonTNeilson Posts: 18Registered Users
My hair is layered and has been for many years. This is the way it has been for a long time. I have wanted to grow my hair out to an unlayered style and change the style to a longer, simpler style that is easier to maintain. Preferably one that does not require heat or blow drying. When it is layered I have to blow dry it and use a curling iron daily just to style it.
The problem I have is not growing it, but tolerating while it is growing. I have tried growing it out before, but eight weeks after the initial cut and it is driving me nuts. (Grows unevenly, sticks out more in some places than others) It is also curlier in some places than others which is more noticeable when it starts to get more length. I have discussed this issue with my stylist and she said I simply must grin and bear it until it gets beyond the middle stage. (Use a lot of spray) I usually give up and get it cut. Has anyone else dealt with this problem?

Comments

• rolltidegalrolltidegal Posts: 307Registered Users
    You can go in for a trim and try to get the stylist to blend your layers. Usually that's easier to wear natural/curly than specific set layers, and it lets the curls do their own thing. I did that with the back of my hair (where my layers were most defined) and it helped a lot.
    Roll Tide!
    I was at the 2009 and 2011 BCS National Championship Games :)

Medium-coarse, super high density, normal porosity, low elasticity.
    I'm currently trying out various Curl Junkie and Devacurl products.

Fotki: fotki.com/rolltidegal
    password is 'rolltide'
  • belwillcoilybelwillcoily Posts: 303Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Is your hair long enough to pull back into a ponytail, bun or some other type of updo? You could wear it up and tucked away until it the layers grow out? :dontknow:
    :afro: Me Fascina El Pelo :afro:

Low Porosity; Medium Strands; Dense

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file