Growing hair out that is layered to unlayer hair

TNeilsonTNeilson Posts: 18Registered Users
My hair is layered and has been for many years. This is the way it has been for a long time because the stylists I go to do not seem to know how to deal with it any other way. I have wanted to grow my hair out to an unlayered style and change the style to a longer, simpler style that is easier to maintain. Preferably one that does not require heat or blow drying. When it is layered I have to blow dry it and use a curling iron daily just to style it.
The problem I have is not growing it, but tolerating while it is growing. I have tried growing it out before, but Eight weeks after the initial cut and it is driving me nuts. (Grows unevenly, sticks out more in some places than others) It is also curlier in some places than others which is more noticeable when it starts to get more length. I have discussed this issue with my stylist and she said I simply must grin and bear it until it gets beyond the middle stage. (Use a lot of spray) I usually give up and get it cut. Has anyone else dealt with this issue?

Comments

• germanbellagermanbella Posts: 62Registered Users
    When I got my hair cut I cut all my dead ends but apparently not all that little piece of straight hair grew out and is now a hassle daily. I will wait a year or two and see what happens. I want to cut it but my grandmother who is a beautician for over 30 years told me not to. So I'll wait
    3b hair
    normal porosity
    medium density
    fine/med. strands

Co wash: Suave,As I am Co-wash, alba drink me up coconut milk Tresmme Nat., Foxy curls cond.
    DT: Organics Cholesterol, Tea-tree oil, Hot 6 oil, Carols Daughters Khoret Amen, Tui Oil
    LI: ? Vo5 Coconut
    Style: Ecostyler (HG?)
    Oils: Vitamin E, Olive Oil, Tui Oil
    www.iherb.com GDF395 is worth up to $10.00 off any order by a first-time customer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    3/20/2013

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file