Advice for Sister

AbscissaAbscissa Posts: 2Registered Users
I'm not to sure if this is the right forum, so please move it if necessary.

I need advice for my sister who is what I believe to be a 2a/b. First off, I'm a 3b and started CG in February and I love it! I was telling my sister about it and she seems interested in trying it out, but it afraid to do so because she has dandruff. She and I do not know what products she can use that are both CG and help fight dandruff. She also blow dries her hair, and she says she does this to help blow the flakes away. I remember reading that doing so makes your scalp dry and creates more flakes, but I am not sure.

So what I am asking is if it is possible for her to go CG and get rid of dandruff?

Comments

• adventuregirladventuregirl Posts: 7Registered Users Curl Novice
    I have dandruff, and started a modified cg about a month and a half ago. At first I was nervous, but cg almost has cured my dandruff! It nust have been the sulfates that was causing it. Before she goes cg completly, dilute her dandruff shampoo so her hair can be weaned of the shampoo. While she is using less shampoo she can start co washing and leave ins and all those methods. When the shampoo is gone, swich to a sulfate free shampoo. Like I said I have less dandruff than before, but it also may have to do with what is causing it. All she can do is try!
  • curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    I have dandruff, and started a modified cg about a month and a half ago. At first I was nervous, but cg almost has cured my dandruff! It nust have been the sulfates that was causing it. Before she goes cg completly, dilute her dandruff shampoo so her hair can be weaned of the shampoo. While she is using less shampoo she can start co washing and leave ins and all those methods. When the shampoo is gone, swich to a sulfate free shampoo. Like I said I have less dandruff than before, but it also may have to do with what is causing it. All she can do is try!

This is what I was going to suggest as well. My guess is she is drying her scalp out with sulfates which creates flakes. Dry scalp is more common than, and often mistaken for, dandruff. She can switch to a gentle low-poo or go straight to co-washing. It might get a little greasy as she transitions but that goes away. And the flakes should be gone.

Sent from my ADR6350 using CurlTalk App
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • RusycurlyRusycurly Posts: 717Registered Users
    Tell her to use Jane Carter Scalp Renew. It just oils but I swear it has made my scalp feel soooo much better! I don't see any flakes.
    Hair: 3a, normal porosity and elasticity
    My hair loves: Vatika and Bhringraj oils, adores henna.
    My HGs: Bobeam's shampoo bars, CJAO, CJRM, Original Moxie's Hair Bling, Terressentials,
    :wav:
    Let's hear it for beautiful curls!!!
  • AbscissaAbscissa Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thank you all for the suggestions! I'll relay the information to her next time I speak with her.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file