CurlTalk

Waxed-in Extensions?

GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
Has anyone used this method? I understand that it's good for 3-6 months and doesn't have the problems that sewn-in or braided-in extensions have.
Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
CoWash: various
DT: various

Leave-in
: CR L/I Collection, various
Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
*experimenting and loving it!

Comments

• EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    Is that the kind they bond? I think someone else did a thread about this not too long ago. I got one piece of my hair done like this with blue (for basketball) and the thing is that you have to get them to professionally remove it, you can't remove it yourself. I took mine out, which basically consisted of me ripping out a piece of my hair. :-(
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • GreatcurlsGreatcurls Posts: 1,782Registered Users
    Is that the kind they bond? I think someone else did a thread about this not too long ago. I got one piece of my hair done like this with blue (for basketball) and the thing is that you have to get them to professionally remove it, you can't remove it yourself. I took mine out, which basically consisted of me ripping out a piece of my hair. :-(

From what some ladies at work have mentioned, it is a type of bond. You have to get them professionally placed and professionally removed. Supposedly, there is no damage to the hairline or your hair.
    Mod CG-Naturally Highly Porous and Dry
    This list is not exhaustive...:happy3:
    CoWash: various
    DT: various

Leave-in
    : CR L/I Collection, various
    Stylers:MC Leave-in, Gorilla Snot
    Spritz/Sealant:Nu-Gro spray w/moisturizer
    *experimenting and loving it!
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    Greatcurls wrote: »

From what some ladies at work have mentioned, it is a type of bond. You have to get them professionally placed and professionally removed. Supposedly, there is no damage to the hairline or your hair.

Yea I personally would never get that done because I do not like relying on stylists to do my hair.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    Greatcurls wrote: »

Yea I personally would never get that done because I do not like relying on stylists to do my hair.

Yeah, and anything that has to be "bonded" to anything just doesn't sound appealing. :-|
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL