My mom thinks curly hair is fluffy, thick, and puffy.

The Spiral QueenThe Spiral Queen Posts: 54Registered Users
I don't know if this post belongs here, but I don't see any other good place for it.

:angry3: My mom has BEAUTIFUL wavy hair.

It's naturally shiny and not super thick. Something a lot of people try to get.

But she straightens it every day because she thinks her hair is puffy and big because it's curly. She just flat irons hair because she thinks straightening it makes it "less big". I don't see the difference between her flat ironed her and her natural hair, other than the texture.

She also tries to convince me to straighten my hair to make it "flatter" and stuff. Whenever I ask her what to do to help my hair be less puffy and voluminous (my hair is too big and thick, and the thinning sheers make it seem even thicker) she tells me to get it chemically straightened or use a flat iron.

Straight hair does not mean flat! But she thinks it does.

Comments

• CelladoorCelladoor Posts: 39Registered Users
    I would just tell her that you're proud of your natural curls but just want to minimise the frizz a bit, and tell her that you wish she'd leave her hair natural too. Perhaps mention that you do not wish to have flat and 'boring' hair, but definitely stress that you love your curls :)

My mum too has wavy hair but straightens it almost daily because she says it's too 'frizzy', however she never liked when I straightened my own hair...I don't get it.

I hope your mum soon realises that you do not intend on giving into straightening, and that your curly hair is beautiful-she should come to this realisation if you keep telling her that.

Good luck! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file