CurlTalk

Is Kimmaytube balling out of control?

hotchocolatehotchocolate Posts: 59Registered Users
They did a write up on her in the New York Daily News! She's getting ready to come out with her own hair care line. I she's the new Oprah for hair care
they said anything she recommends flys off the shelf, and recommended Chicorro's book, and it becames a New York Times Bestseller or something.

How can you act so bad, and have such good luck?

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    What does she do that's so bad? I don't watch her, just heard of her.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • moosegrl_86moosegrl_86 Posts: 403Registered Users
    They did a write up on her in the New York Daily News! She's getting ready to come out with her own hair care line. I she's the new Oprah for hair care
    they said anything she recommends flys off the shelf, and recommended Chicorro's book, and it becames a New York Times Bestseller or something.

You're exaggerating. Chicoro's book was number one in the beauty books on Amazon following Kim's review. The products didn't fly off the shelves. The article stated that where she lived kinky curly sold better because her recommendation in her leave-in concoction. A lot of youtubers, after becoming relatively well-known, launch their own product lines. Black oynxx is an example. She seems like your standard upper middle class woman to me. No need to make such a huge deal about.
    I do, however, wish her success because her videos are helpful, even though her voice can be annoying. She tends to over enunciate and some take that as condescending, but she has foreign viewers as well so I guess that's why.
    Whoop whoop! :hello1:
    imager.php?id=1557276 GIFSoup
    Last relaxer: December 20, 2008
    4a/b, medium-fine, normal porosity & elasticity, thick
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    This thread is absolutely inappropriate.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    :shock:

How is she acting bad? Anyway, I saw the article (made a thread about it too btw) and I can't throw no shade. I think her success has been awesome. Her attitude may not rub everyone the right way but the proof is in the pudding and the paper so kudos to kimmaytube. She's successful, doing big things. Don't hate, congratulate

ETA: Actually, you don't have to congratulate if you don't want to.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users

You're exaggerating. Chicoro's book was number one in the beauty books on Amazon following Kim's review. The products didn't fly off the shelves. The article stated that where she lived kinky curly sold better because her recommendation in her leave-in concoction. A lot of youtubers, after becoming relatively well-known, launch their own product lines. Black oynxx is an example. She seems like your standard upper middle class woman to me. No need to make such a huge deal about.
    I do, however, wish her success because her videos are helpful, even though her voice can be annoying. She tends to over enunciate and some take that as condescending, but she has foreign viewers as well so I guess that's why.

I actually speak that way sometimes. I had a lisp as a child (did speech therapy) and now my MS sometimes makes it hard to speak clearly so I tend to enunciate as clear as possible especially when I'm speaking in public. It might look like I'm overdoing it to some people, but that's how I speak. I've only watched her leave in video, but I know what you mean.

I know you're talking about KT, but it a sensitive subject for me sometimes. ;-)

Carry on!
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg

I actually speak that way sometimes. I had a lisp as a child (did speech therapy) and now my MS sometimes makes it hard to speak clearly so I tend to enunciate as clear as possible especially when I'm speaking in public. It might look like I'm overdoing it to some people, but that's how I speak. I've only watched her leave in video, but I know what you mean.

I know you're talking about KT, but it a sensitive subject for me sometimes. ;-)

Carry on!
    I get you. I had a lisp too until I got braces. I also have a strong southern accent that escapes me sometimes.:smilebox:
  • NikG20NikG20 Posts: 461Registered Users
    I haven't watched her videos since the drama going on with her and the other two youtubers (haven't watched theirs either :-|) but I watched one of her weekend shows a couple of weeks ago and it was really nice. It seemed much more laid back. Anyway, I think she puts in a lot of hard work on her videos and her website so I wish her nothing but success. I think it's deserved.
    Hz5exYvWIb4
    Children's Natural Hair Care & Styling Blog:
  • tbabyytbabyy Posts: 570Registered Users
    yea, I'm not a huge fan. Her vids are cool, just not my forte. I do wish her luck though. She is finding good success. I love it! If she didn't know what she was doing and giving out bad info, than I would say boo but she's not and she's doing her "thang".
    b04fbffc-52c8-49d6-a7f1-77140040642d.jpg

LITTLE JOEY HAS A SIBLING ON THE WAY! :toothy7:
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Posts: 2,320Registered Users
    kimmay's like:
    magjgy.gif

and

tumblr_l8loxnRz2R1qzbmnp.gif

and i'm like:

negrocommunity.jpg

oh, and

tumblr_la7ksyO4Xs1qar83lo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    oie_1122322fUy465AU.gif
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
  • kaybkayb Posts: 5,054Registered Users
    the gifs today are killing me!
    I ain't thirsty. There's plenty of fish in the sea, but I don't want all of them, can I have some standards? Or do we just have to settle, for someone's who meh and will do.
    "
  • tbabyytbabyy Posts: 570Registered Users
    hahahah the Diddy dance!!!! hahah I love it!! hahahah
    b04fbffc-52c8-49d6-a7f1-77140040642d.jpg

LITTLE JOEY HAS A SIBLING ON THE WAY! :toothy7:
  • ajnaajna Posts: 494Registered Users
    I love the pics they are great!!

As for KT, I don't get it but I am not a youtube subscriber so I guess I am missing something. Anyway I am not mad at her for doing her own product line heck it seems like lots of people have one why not her. I am just glad to see so many ethnic women making ethnic products.
  • AjidahkAjidahk Posts: 1,212Registered Users
    LMBO at those gifs!
    Hair Type: 4a with 3c sections...frizzy,wavy,bushy,curly
  • empressriempressri Posts: 4,812Registered Users

umm yeah. it's not like she's boiling puppies or something.

gotta love it.
    Lady Hasytal in the Land of Product in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    "Trust is knowing your SO would do the right thing in the face of strange vagina." Nej
    [/B]
    empressri wrote: »

gotta love it.

tumblr_lcx88v7ia81qdtj3jo1_500.gif

Hey girl!
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • KeiLaniKoilsKeiLaniKoils Posts: 439Registered Users

gotta love it.

Hey girl!

Sailor Moon!!! :happy2::happy2::happy2::happy2:
    *whips out Transformation Wand*

Yeah... Dont mind me :cya:
    Smacked with a head full of Dreamy tight Coils that refuse to have it any other way... :D
    Finally maintaining a clean, moisturized scalp!
    I'm really getting into my Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil now :love7:
    Here we embrace the disorder of hair product buying

:happy6: GROW NAPS GROW! :happy6:
    Why would I relax all the fabulousness?!
    Inspired by Keenylicious
    I swear the things that catch on in our society...
    never anything with meaning

Inspired by LeeLee

gotta love it.

Hey girl!

Yea that's how I felt when I saw this thread..."I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you!"
    YouTube

Hey girl!

Yea that's how I felt when I saw this thread..."I will right wrongs and triumph over evil, and that means you!"

:laughing3:

"In the name of the Moon, I will... PUNISH YOU!!"

Now I know this is WAY of topic but.... I never understood how some of the villains couldnt figure out the identity of the sailor scouts.

I mean, for real though? One minute she's in her school uniform, another she's in her sailor scout outfit. Here's a hint: HER FACE IS NOT COVERED

Okay okay Im done. :cya:
    Smacked with a head full of Dreamy tight Coils that refuse to have it any other way... :D

Inspired by Keenylicious

Inspired by LeeLee
  • greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users

Carry on!
    I get you. I had a lisp too until I got braces. I also have a strong southern accent that escapes me sometimes.:smilebox:

I have a typical California, generic, west coast accent, but sometimes my father's Texas accent comes out - Ick!
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg

Now I know this is WAY of topic but.... I never understood how some of the villains couldnt figure out the identity of the sailor scouts.

I mean, for real though? One minute she's in her school uniform, another she's in her sailor scout outfit. Here's a hint: HER FACE IS NOT COVERED

'Cause then they wouldn't have a show, silly! Same with Superman...we ALL knew... :p
    YouTube

'Cause then they wouldn't have a show, silly! Same with Superman...we ALL knew... :p

True. True. :nemo:

Inspired by Keenylicious

Inspired by LeeLee
  • KeenyliciousKeenylicious Posts: 2,320Registered Users
    *waits excitedly for you know who to come in here and call us heifers and b*tches*
    tumblr_lr2y4sUYNh1qb5gkjo1_250.gif
  • tae082tae082 Posts: 537Registered Users
    *waits excitedly for you know who to come in here and call us heifers and b*tches*

Umm who dat is?
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users

I remember they talked about that. The first time sailor m sees sailor v in normal clothes she was like, "you look so different now." And I was like, "what?!"
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,738Registered Users
    tee hee hee
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • itsKelCeeEeeitsKelCeeEee Posts: 1,084Registered Users
    Phoenix wrote: »
    tee hee hee

Ooooh I wanna know! I WANNA KNOW!

As for Kimmaytube, I'm not a huge fan, but I also can admire anyone who makes something for themselves and can find success due to their own effort and merit. So, she betta do tha damn thang.

Still though, I ain't gonna be buying any of her things. That's just me though. LOL:tongue10:
    tumblr_mfb2v27JpJ1qfxenmo1_250.gif
    Big Chop: 11/25/09
    Cottony/fluffy, medium/coarse, high density & porosity
    SL - APL - BSB - BSL - MBL - WL - HL
    I remember they talked about that. The first time sailor m sees sailor v in normal clothes she was like, "you look so different now." And I was like, "what?!"

I read somewhere that their hair color was only supposed to change when they transformed but it never worked out that way. They made a live action version (it's terrible by the way) where they wore wigs after they transformed. I guess that was the original intent. :albino:
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    It may be like that in the manga, but I never read it.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• KyonzillaKyonzilla Posts: 22Registered Users
    okay FIRST OFF, LMBO @ all of these gifs!! #Foolery (can I "#" on NC?)
    Anyway, I actually like Kimmaytube...she inspires and educates...I was a little discouraged while transitioning until watching her videos...and I showed a few friends her channel and they became interested in becoming natural as well...although I really haven't watched any of her new videos since she straightened her hair (I am addicted to the flat iron so that isn't something I needed to see! lol)...what's the drama with her channel tho? Am I missing something?