Shampoo with sulfate or sulfate free shampoo

Hello everyone, okay so I have a. Couple questions ! All my life iv been using shampoo with sulfate, and it hasn't done anything to my hair.
And to tell the truth I haven't been paying any attetion with shampoo and seein what there made with... :/ but my question is, is sulfate shampoo really that damageing to hair? What does it do to hair? And if I'm using sufate shampoos is there anyway I can prevent risk that I might be putting my hair through? The current shampoo I'm using is mixed silk by silk elements, I have seen the other silk elements shampoo products and there sulfate free, should I use them??? What are the benifits I will get out of using sulfate free shampoo??

Sent from my SGH-T839 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• HedyHedy Posts: 173Registered Users
    I found sulfate shampoos drying, and sulfate free shampoos much less so.
    So..um...I kinda fell off the CG wagon. I got sick of long curly hair about 6 months ago. I currently have a short a-line, which I flat iron, although I also wear it wavy sometimes. I still use sulfate-free poos (I'm madly in love with the Bodyshop's rainforest moisture) and silicone free conditioners.
    Want to get money back on your Drugstore.com, Walgreen and Sally Beauty purchases? Check out Sunshine Rewards!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file