Products for Transitioning Hair

hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
I seen in other threads for people who are already natural talk about products they use; however, I'm wonder what type of products do you guys use to help make your transition to natural hair a little easier. Please include shampoos, conditioners, leave-ins, and styling aids, and what you use in your scalp.

Here's my list:
1. Shampoo: Organix Coconut sulfate free shampoo, Alter Ego Garlic shampoo, and MoroccanOil Moisture Repair Shampoo.

2. Conditioner: Raw eggs/banana/honey mix, MoroccanOil Hydrating hair mask and Alter Ego Garlic conditioner (I'm looking for a more moisturizing conditioner that softens my natural hair coming in)

3. Leave-ins: Kinky Curly Knot Today and Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia KBB for short (I apply on wet and dry hair)

4. Styling Aids: KBB Sweet Ambrosia, KBB heavenly jojoba oil, Curls Cremé Brûlée (I use small amounts of this it tends to leave white residue in the hair), MoroccanOil (It contains silicone but it is lightweight, adda shine, and reduces frizz in my hair) and Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Style milk and the hair smoothie.

5. Scalp: KBB Butter Love and KBB Creamylicous
Products I'm currently :love10::
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia (Vanilla Latte scent)
  • Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
  • Certified Organic Coconut Oil
  • Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
Recent newbie to the Curly Girl Method
6 months post relaxer. I will be 7 months post September 17 !! :occasion9:

Comments

• fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was wondering what hair type do u have?
  • annabananaliseannabananalise Posts: 1,913Registered Users
    You won't truly know your hair type until you cut off your relaxed ends.

But the hair typing system is pretty much useless when it comes to hair care.
    Last relaxer: 8.4.10
    BC: 9.6.11
    tumblr_mkqgfjWwA41qcwgrvo1_500.gif
    when will your favs?

• hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    fonki wrote: »
    I was wondering what hair type do u have?

I remember what my hair texture was like. I had my first relaxer as a freshman in High School (14 years old) I'm 21 now. My hair type I would say is a mix of 3c/4a curls. I mostly have medium ringlets of curls and tighter curls around my hairline and a the nape.
    Staple Deep Conditioners: Giovanni Direct Leave-in and Karen's Body Beautiful Luscious Locks Hair Mask :love5:
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Most people I've spoken to continue to use the products that they've been using befor the tried to transition because natural products may not react the same way to permed hair.

I always felt like the silicones protected my hair when I was transitioning, LOL. I didn't start with natural products for curly hair until I was actually natural completely.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: http://www.youtube.com/user/papiermachecurls

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • hippiedollhippiedoll Posts: 398Registered Users
    Most people I've spoken to continue to use the products that they've been using befor the tried to transition because natural products may not react the same way to permed hair.

I always felt like the silicones protected my hair when I was transitioning, LOL. I didn't start with natural products for curly hair until I was actually natural completely.

I only use silicones when my hair is straight and when I'm blow drying my hair. When my hair is in a air dried or curly style I use natural products

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file