Add 6 Inches Growth Challenge!

purplesprinklespurplesprinkles Posts: 32Registered Users
I really want to grow longer hair, but don't want to focus so much on bsl/apl lengths and such because it seems so difficult! So I want to grow 6 inches(pulled straight) and I will be working on it for one year (june 2011-june 2012) This way, it also doesn't matter how you measure, just as long as you do it the same way every month.
Anyone want to join?

Comments

• Lizzy's CurlsLizzy's Curls Posts: 38Registered Users
    I want to join! I'm newly natural and need all the challenges I can get!

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using CurlTalk App
  • purplesprinklespurplesprinkles Posts: 32Registered Users
    Awesome! I don't really know if you care about rules or have any ideas related to that, I'm open to anything!
    I don't have any rules...I'm to short for rules right now....lol! So I guess maybe picture updates every so often. If I can get my pics to upload. :-)

• curledlovecurledlove Posts: 444Registered Users
    Last I measured was about 2 months ago when i had my hair straightened. it was 26inches. I won't measure every month because I'll drive myself crazy but I'll aim for 32inches. My biggest problem isn't growth its actually length retention, so I will be working on that more than anything else. Happy growing everyone!
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
  • elenaaelenaa Posts: 190Registered Users
    hi im new to the forums ^.^
    but i would love to try this when my hair is wet it sits right at my shoulders which is where i want it but when it drys its alittle under my chin and ive always wanted to try these hair challenges ill try to keep pictures posted if they upload
    Cool! Pictures will be great!
  • pixiepixie Posts: 140Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I'll join in. 18 inches as of today so will be 24 inches hopefully in 12 months. Pic is when wet and combed straight:glasses8:
    2a/f//ii (fia)
    Normal elasticity, Normal porosity, Fine texture
    Low poo L'oreal eversleek,
    Co wash Keracare
    RO Tresemme Naturals, DB pumpkinseed, Giovanni 2chic a&o
    Stylers BRHG, Volumax Mega gel, Darcy's Botanicals ccg, Paul Mitchell sculpting foam, FSG, Camille Rose Curl Maker, Keracare Custard
    these are the pics i have so far ^.^

comic-p.jpg
  • nakka89nakka89 Posts: 14Registered Users
    I want to join!!!...i just mini chopped a month ago on sunday so I'm newly natural..my hair is about 6 inches long when I stretch my curls so I'm goin for 12!! I guess i'll update on the 12th of every month since thats already the date that I follow

Sent from my HTC EVO
    3B/3C/4A CG :afro:
    Medium Texture/Normal Porosity/Medium Density
    lo-poo: nature's gate tea tree (new formula) or burt's bees raspberry&brazil nut
    co-wash: nature's gate tea tree condish (new formula) or burt's bees raspberry&brazil nut condish
    leave-in: suave naturals tropical coconut
    styler:herbal essences totally twisted mousse

Natural since: May 12, 2011 :wav:
    CG since: August 22, 2011
    Btw thanks for starting this!!! Ive been looking for a growth challenge but they either started long ago or had too many rules lol...this one is perfect

Sent from my HTC EVO
    lo-poo: nature's gate tea tree (new formula) or burt's bees raspberry&brazil nut
    co-wash: nature's gate tea tree condish (new formula) or burt's bees raspberry&brazil nut condish

• Gigi10Gigi10 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Hey guys I'm new to this...in february I chopped off my.hair from right above the boobs to the longest part being now up to my chin ,a bob cut. Hardest thing ever, at least at the moment I'm certainly happy now that I've accepted my hair and so is my.bf! Lol..i would love to start this challenge. But what do we do, check in how often, do we share tips?
    .I've been taking.biotin, fish oil, vit c and.vit e
    I also drink a gallon of water a day n exercise when I can.
    I would love to grow my hair at least to shoulder length right now.
    Btw what does APL stand for?
    Thanks guys

GiGi*
    Welcome! APL stand for armpit length.
  • Gigi10Gigi10 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Lol now it makes sense thank you! I must admit whoever came up with this support group for curly, wavy, in other words awesome hair is the best..i have gained confidence in days just reading these testimonials of others journies..LETS DO THIS

GiGi*
  • Rayne17Rayne17 Posts: 20Registered Users
    I would love to join this challenge. I'm new to this site and have been looking for a growth challenge.

My Regimen-
    No shampoo
    Hairdrenalin Potion
    Clotrimazole Mix
    Greenhouse Effect

Vitamins-
    Prenatal
    Hair Skin Nails

I'm currently in mini twists right now. Everything I'm doing is totally new. My goal is to be BSL by this time next year. And between SL and APL by my birthday in October. I'm just barely past NL. I'm hoping for an inch a month. Happy Hair Growing to all. :)

Sent from my VM670 using CurlTalk App
  • boobooface301boobooface301 Posts: 3Registered Users
    This sounds like fun. I recently cut off my relaxed ends on the 10 of this month. I'll take a new pic every month. Can't wait to see all of our progress.:wave:
    oh ill update the 11th of every month since ive already been kinda doin that. ive been trying out twists outs so ill just keep doing that
    washing my hair on the weekends (no shampoo)
    moisturizing/sealing every other day
    deep conditioning 2x a week
    i take fishoil vitamins

i want to be at least shoulder length by this time next year if its more that'd be pretty awesome

sorry if the quality is bad but this is my twistout<--(click)

• sistabone1sistabone1 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I would love to join the challenge. I need all the help I can get.

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
  • Aksana AnaisAksana Anais Posts: 19Registered Users
    Count me in.
    Type - 4B
    Natural Scene w/ Mishaps since September 12, 2006
    Last Big Chop February 11, 2010

Working on a product list...

EL ~ NL ~ SL ~ BSB ~ APL ~ BSL ~ MBL
    elenaa wrote: »
    oh ill update the 11th of every month since ive already been kinda doin that. ive been trying out twists outs so ill just keep doing that
    washing my hair on the weekends (no shampoo)
    moisturizing/sealing every other day
    deep conditioning 2x a week
    i take fishoil vitamins

i want to be at least shoulder length by this time next year if its more that'd be pretty awesome

sorry if
    the quality is bad but this is my twistout
    <--(click)

Nice pic Elanna!

I well also post pics the first week of every month!

So i have a question for all of you... how often are you planning on trimming your hair during this year? or at all? I am just so unsure on what will be best for getting the length and keeping my hair healthy... I was thinking just doing some search and destroy periodically, but wanted your input.
  • anotherdayanotherday Posts: 8Registered Users
    I'm definitely in! I recently big chopped, and my hair looks like photo.php?fbid=2170653309987&set=t.1041926967&type=1&theater this right now (I'm the one on the left), and I really want to try growing it out to at least shoulder length!
  • ShondadiniShondadini Posts: 205Registered Users
    I'm in
  • ReevgoReevgo Posts: 19Registered Users
    Hey guys. I never post but I'm so in on this. I got a buzz cut early March, (as a social experiment hehe) but anyway, I included a pic of my hair before, and now. I loved it really short, but the longer it gets I just can't wait till it's at least chin length then I'll like it again, then I'm growing it out super long. Obviously I will keep cutting the back (myself) so as not to enter mullet territory, but I'm leaving the rest alone, and it'll just be more fun to do it with you guys. :)
    I'm a 3a growing out a super short pixie from 06/14. Trying for chin length by 06/15 and ultimately waist! No heat, no color. My hair likes co washing and aloe vera gel.:flower:
  • Rayne17Rayne17 Posts: 20Registered Users
    So i have a question for all of you... how often are you planning on trimming your hair during this year? or at all? I am just so unsure on what will be best for getting the length and keeping my hair healthy... I was thinking just doing some search and destroy periodically, but wanted your input.

Since I will be starting the cg method. I will trim this saturday and post a starting pic. When I was going to the salon they always said trim ever six weeks. But on the cg articles it says every 4-6 months. I don't think you should trim on a schedule just when you need to. That way you can retain length.

Sent from my VM670 using CurlTalk App

I probably won't trim...maybe at the end of the 6 months. I've only been curly for one month but when I was relaxed I trimmed every 6 months so i'll probably stick with that

Sent from my HTC EVO

thank you lizzy!

i do the search and destroy i never went to get my hair trimmed im always too afraid they might cut it so i do it every once in a while when im bored or try to do it every two months i havent had any splits since i spent one day cutting them all off lol

Reevo your curls are so pretty !
  • curledlovecurledlove Posts: 444Registered Users
    I find that trimming is not necessary if you don't do anything to damage your hair. Trimming is used to get rid of damaged ends that will move up and cause the length of your hair to be damaged, but if your ends are not damaged, why trim? I shampoo my scalp only, condition, and detangle with a denman. I don't use any heat and I am careful not to let my hair get caught on my earrings, shirt buttons, or anything else that it wants to catch onto. All in all, I am very careful not to damage my hair so I don't have to cut it. Teri Laflesh from Welcome has not cut her hair in over 10 years and IMHO has the most beautiful natural hair I have seen. I do find split ends and little knots here and there when I am detangling, but I just cut them off as I find them, cutting this way does not affect your actual length. Don't get sold on what anyone says about how often you should cut. Listen to your hair!!! Of course salons are going to encourage you to cut very often, this means more $$ for them. Stay away from them, they are concerned about your money, not your hair.
    3c/4a
    I made it! Tailbone length stretched, WL curly

Teri Laflesh's book "Curly Like Me" sits on my desk and everytime I get frustrated and an impulse tells me to shave my head, I look at it in hopes that one day my hair will graze the top of my butt.

event.png

event.png
  • A. LoveA. Love Posts: 519Registered Users
    I'm joining. I'm about to do another chop. Right now in in between CBL & APL. When I cut it it'll be up to my ears :( I'll post inches etc once I cut.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App
    Last relaxer: 1st week of July 2009
    BC: Aug 29, 2010
    2nd BC: June 20, 2011

Shampoos: SM MR, SM ABS, Ion Color Defense Clarifying
    Detangle: V05 or Suave Naturals
    RO: Tigi MM,
    Treatments: CJCR, SM Scalp Elixir
    LI: any LI+oil+aloe juice
    Moisturizers: QBAOHC, SMCES, SMH&SMM
    Sealants: oils, OHBSP, JCN&S
    Gels: Eco Styler Olive Oil, Eco Styler Pink, KCCC
    Other: SM Scalp Elixir, Curls Control Paste

My Twitter
    KinksOfNature.com
  • ohhSimoneohhSimone Posts: 4Registered Users
    I'm definitely in. I bc'd on May 12, of this year after transitioning for about 4 months. I don't have a ruler handy but I'd say my hair is about 2 1/2 inches right now.

Sent from my htc incredible using CurlTalk App
    curledlove wrote: »
    I find that trimming is not necessary if you don't do anything to damage your hair. Trimming is used to get rid of damaged ends that will move up and cause the length of your hair to be damaged, but if your ends are not damaged, why trim? I shampoo my scalp only, condition, and detangle with a denman. I don't use any heat and I am careful not to let my hair get caught on my earrings, shirt buttons, or anything else that it wants to catch onto. All in all, I am very careful not to damage my hair so I don't have to cut it. Teri Laflesh from Welcome has not cut her hair in over 10 years and IMHO has the most beautiful natural hair I have seen. I do find split ends and little knots here and there when I am detangling, but I just cut them off as I find them, cutting this way does not affect your actual length. Don't get sold on what anyone says about how often you should cut. Listen to your hair!!! Of course salons are going to encourage you to cut very often, this means more $$ for them. Stay away from them, they are concerned about your money, not your hair.

i agree with this i loved looking at teri la fleshes site

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file