CurlTalk

My hair WON'T change color!

lemonsquirelemonsquire Posts: 1Registered Users
I am having big problems dying my hair...I'm trying to get my hair to go from a medium brown to a medium blonde, a level four or five to a level seven. I'm naturally blonde but I've been dying it brown and auburn for about a year and a half now. I'm ready to go back to blonde, but nothing is working! I went to a salon and had them strip the dye out - no change. I went to sally's and bought 30 vol developer and a level eight dye, which according to their charts should have lightened my hair but again - no change. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I searched all over the internet and can't find anything on it, so I'm thinking it might be an exclusively curly hair problem... Am I going to have to bleach it? If so will it damage my hair too badly, like enough to wreck the curls? and can I put a darker blonde dye over it? I don't really want platinum...

Comments

• curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 217Registered Users
    hey - what were u using to dye your hair?

I was using Natural Instincts - which isnt a permanent hair color. My hair was dark brown with red highlights - and after many years went to black. A couple weeks ago i had the color removed - and she got it to go down 2 levels! the hardest area was the front, which she had to do twice to remove it. I think she used some kind of bleaching agent - but it didnt damage my hair at all. If i could go from black to brown - it should be easy to do yours! I read that demi or semi permanent box hair color is the HARDEST to remove! Find someone who is experienced with color, maybe a rec from a friend - and try again. And like i said, my hair did not suffer at all. I had just gotten 6 inches cut off too, so that could be why.

good luck - its not impossible!
    3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
    2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
    currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
    Jessicurl styling in summer
    Natures Gate poo & condish
    Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!
  • curl goddesscurl goddess Posts: 217Registered Users
    Ill ask my stylist what it was she used........but I think it was mild bleaching agent . . . She had to do the front twice.......bc it wouldnt lift. The 2nd time she used foil and in 10min, it was done!
    3a long thick -botticelli hair when there is humidity
    2c wavy w/curls if there isnt.
    currently using Bioterra & KMF in winter
    Jessicurl styling in summer
    Natures Gate poo & condish
    Thank you NC for bringing me back to curly!