CG Method- Is this normal?

I started CG 2 weeks ago, and the very first day when i did my last sulfate wash, my hair was amazing! But since then, it has just been greasy and won't hold a curl throughout the day (i have never had this problem) , even though i am using more hard hold gel then i ever have! Overall, its just blah.:puker:
Is this just the transition stage, or does it sound like something is not right?

My products:
Tressemme hard hold gel (has a PEG modified cone)
VO5 strawberries and cream
Tresseme naturals moisture conditioner

Oh, and i have mostly 3a with some 3b only on one section of my head.. odd yes..

Comments

• Lotsa loopsLotsa loops Posts: 130Registered Users
    I have a few suggestions. You might want to actually use less gel, or one that's more natural (because you could be getting build up from PVP and such) - I would suggest Aubrey Organics or Kiss My Face. Also, the Tresemme Naturals has isopropanol in it, so you might want to try something different, or use the V05 for your co wash and rinse out.
    Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
    No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
    Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator
  • krm4hkrm4h Posts: 54Registered Users
    I have a few suggestions. You might want to actually use less gel, or one that's more natural (because you could be getting build up from PVP and such) - I would suggest Aubrey Organics or Kiss My Face. Also, the Tresemme Naturals has isopropanol in it, so you might want to try something different, or use the V05 for your co wash and rinse out.

I also have the Tresemme Naturals condish -- what is the drawback to isopropanol? Just curious. I feel like every day I learn about a new ingredient. :)

Thx!
  • Lotsa loopsLotsa loops Posts: 130Registered Users
    It's really drying to your hair - basically you're just putting rubbing alcohol in your hair.

There are a ton of ingredients to think about, but it gets a lot easier!
    Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
    No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
    Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator
  • lianeandthemusiclianeandthemusic Posts: 22Registered Users
    Everyone's hair is a little different in terms of what causes build-up and what doesn't. A lot of people have problems with PVP, Glycerin and isopropynol, but I don't. I have to check for any kind of polyquaterniums because they make my hair flat and lifeless. It might take a while for you to figure out which ingredients work for you and which don't, but after a while it gets a lot easier.
    You might also consider that when you go CG you may not need quite as much moisture in your hair as you used to. If you're using a leave-in, try skipping it and seeing what happens (unless your hair feels dry, of course).
    CG for 6 months!
    2b/3a, fine hair, medium/high porosity and normal elasticity.

Routine:
    Co-wash/Leave-In: Alberto V05 Tea Therapy Conditioner in Blackberry & Sage
    Occasional Deep Conditioner: Jessicurl Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
    Styling Products: LA Looks Sport Gel

Dislikes: honey, heat styling, plopping, and polyquats!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file