CurlTalk

Hair seems stunted

ShenettaShenetta Posts: 4Registered Users
Hello all my name is Shenetta and I have been natural for 3 years. I have never managed to get my hair to grow past the stage it’s at now. I have tried many things to include wearing wigs to keep my hands out of it. I wanted to know what suggestions you might have to help grow my hair past the stage it's at now. I currently am using Kinky Curly it gives a nice pattern, but now I’m ready for the length to come please advise.
Attached Thumbnails

Products:
In the Past I used - Shampoo-
Shea Moisture Organic Shea Butter Curl & Shine Shampoo
Mist-Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist

I shampoo my hair every two weeks.

I now use:
Kinky Curly Shampoo, and the Kinky Curly Custard Gel as well. I have read much about the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, but not sure how to use as a daily regimen. Also considering making my own Gel from Flake Seed

Comments

• greenandchicgreenandchic Posts: 2,584Registered Users
    What do you use for conditioner? Deep Conditioner?

What do you use for a leave in?

How long is your hair?

Pics?
    APL BSL MBL WL HL TBL | porous, fine/medium strands, medium density
    My Fotki!
    Below: Typical PS bun
    004-vi.jpg
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    Also...when you wear wigs are you still moisturizing your hair? It's very unlikely your hair is not growing, and if it isn't you need to see a doctor first.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • CityGirl81CityGirl81 Posts: 418Registered Users
    I felt the same way you did and I finally went and saw a doctor. She has given me hope that my hair will maintain length and not snap from lack of blood circulation anymore. I highly suggest seeing a dermatologist.