CurlTalk

I need moisture in my life :-)

Jilly20Jilly20 Posts: 7Registered Users
Hello everyone, I'm transitiong from texlax to natural. My last relaxer was in Feb, yes I'm a newbie :-) I'm finding it difficult to keep my hair moisturised. Anyone have a good moisturizer they can recommend I will really appreciate it.

Also has anyone tried giovanni smooth as silk line, if so what's ur opinion on it. Thanx
Sent from my SPH-D700 using CurlTalk App

Comments

• Ms.CrissMs.Criss Posts: 6Registered Users
    I haven't tried the products you've mentioned, but im a newbie too. Its been 8 months since I last had a relaxer. I have been using Cantu shea butter leavin in conditioner and the oil moisturizer together and it has worked fantastic. I live in south GA and its gets hot, this combo provides a lot of protection. Hope this helps, Good Luck!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using CurlTalk App
  • Jilly20Jilly20 Posts: 7Registered Users
    Thank u :)

• fonkifonki Posts: 353Registered Users
    Im transitioning too - last relaxer in march. I tried the morrocan oil treatment a couple of wks ago & while it left my hair soft at first, my hair became super frizzy with zero curl Defns. it soon wore off & my hair is dry as ever. I'm thinking of trying the natural-laxer from Baka beauty. Anyone tried it?
  • CurlyDenelleCurlyDenelle Posts: 3Registered Users
    I'm the same....I tried bagging my hair last night with a shower cap and devacurl one with coconut oil to seal. Also, do a hot oil treatment weekly. I tried it yesterday and my hair felt so soft. I plan on cowashing my hair almost everyday.
    I've just started cowashing. See how it goes :)
  • CurlyDenelleCurlyDenelle Posts: 3Registered Users
    fonki wrote: »

What's a natur-laxer

What's a natur-laxer

Natural relaxer from treasured locks. It doesn't straighten Yr hair tho. Google it & tell me what u think

I have the kit in my bathroom. Just need to find time to leave it in

I'll let u know how I get on tho
  • tamekanstamekans Posts: 51Registered Users
    Hi I also had my last relaxer in Feb. What I do to moisturize is I mix glycerin water and a little leave in conditioner in a spray bottle and spray that on my hair or I use long term relationship leave in conditioner. That works well for me and I seal with grapeseed oil.

Sent from my DROID2
  • mellowgirl09mellowgirl09 Banned Posts: 188Banned Users
    my favorite is jajoba oil. I put it in my hair at night then wash it out in the morning.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hair Type: 3c, medium strand, high volume, soft
    About: Loves moisture
    Current Length: mid neck when curly / bra strap length when straight
    Goal: At least collarbone length when curly
    Regime: KC Knot Today leave in, KC Curling Custard and Aveda shine serum. Style of choice wash and gos and braid outs.
    Pet Peeves: Hair breakage at the nape if wearing tight ponytails. Different curl patterns, looser in front and tighter in back.
    Hair pros: High shine and bounce.
    Thank u all for ur suggestions. Im trying the glycerin and jojoba now and I love it

Im transitioning too - last relaxer in march. I tried the morrocan oil treatment a couple of wks ago & while it left my hair soft at first, my hair became super frizzy with zero curl Defns. it soon wore off & my hair is dry as ever. I'm thinking of trying the natural-laxer from Baka beauty. Anyone tried it?

I never jeard of a natural-laxer im gonna check it out