CurlTalk

June Hits & Misses

KeiLaniKoilsKeiLaniKoils Posts: 439Registered Users
Let's hear 'emmmm! :blob4:
Smacked with a head full of Dreamy tight Coils that refuse to have it any other way... :D
Finally maintaining a clean, moisturized scalp!
I'm really getting into my Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil now :love7:
Here we embrace the disorder of hair product buying

:happy6: GROW NAPS GROW! :happy6:
Why would I relax all the fabulousness?!
Inspired by Keenylicious
I swear the things that catch on in our society...
never anything with meaning

Inspired by LeeLee

Comments

• JessicazFroJessicazFro Posts: 1,446Registered Users
    Ahhh!!! You beat me to it!!! Lol! :P

Sent from my SPH-M920 using CurlTalk App
    tex-laxed(pfffttt) :dontknow:
    Thick/coarse/low porosity/low elasticity
    4a/b cottony/spongy

At war with my indestructible, armadillo hair...MY WILL BE DONE!

imager.php?id=2689460&t=o GIFSoup
    :tongue:
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users
    taaliyah wagid curl cream did nothing to moisturize my hair. but i'm going to clarify and try it again because i may have had a buildup issue. I'll let you guys know what happens.
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • KeiLaniKoilsKeiLaniKoils Posts: 439Registered Users
    Ahhh!!! You beat me to it!!! Lol! :P

LOL! ((hugs)) I is sa-weeee :sad5:
    Smacked with a head full of Dreamy tight Coils that refuse to have it any other way... :D

Inspired by Keenylicious

Inspired by LeeLee
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users
    Hit: Mizani Supreme Oil - Very light and sheer, good for fluffing out hair without the stickiness of oil that can cause my hand to "catch" and equal frizz. Absorbed well into my hair and I was able to use it daily without my hair feeling greasy.

Pending Hit: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie - the new formula has MUCH better slip.

Semi-Hit: Mizani Moisture Stretch - Delish for resetting my twists and helped my hair stay moisturized, but for a wash n go it was too oily. My hair was soft but a bit limp.

Miss: Mizani Curl Replenish - Didn't do jack to my hair and I conditioned after.

Pending Miss: SheaMoisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner - as a RO had like...no slip for me (and this was after clarifying). Will try it as a LI.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • A. LoveA. Love Posts: 519Registered Users
    Wow this started quick lol

Somewhere between a hit & neutral: Roots of Nature Feather Whip Cream. I used it for a braidout. Left the braids in for two days then took them out. My hair was soft and defined. It's still defined now and it's about to be the third day. My hair usually gets ruined while I sleep so I'm pleased by that. Only thing I don't care for is the greasy feel it leaves on my hands. My hair doesn't feel that way though.

Rereading this I'll go ahead and say it was a hit.

"I just want to be myself, and I want you to know that I am my hair...Free as my hair." -Lady Gaga
    Last relaxer: 1st week of July 2009
    BC: Aug 29, 2010
    2nd BC: June 20, 2011

Shampoos: SM MR, SM ABS, Ion Color Defense Clarifying
    Detangle: V05 or Suave Naturals
    RO: Tigi MM,
    Treatments: CJCR, SM Scalp Elixir
    LI: any LI+oil+aloe juice
    Moisturizers: QBAOHC, SMCES, SMH&SMM
    Sealants: oils, OHBSP, JCN&S
    Gels: Eco Styler Olive Oil, Eco Styler Pink, KCCC
    Other: SM Scalp Elixir, Curls Control Paste

My Twitter
    KinksOfNature.com
  • juanabjuanab Posts: 4,037Registered Users
    Hit: Uncle Funky's Daughter Curly Magic
    Aloe Vera Gel
    No misses yet

texture - medium/fine, porosity - low/normal, elasticity - normal
    co-wash - NaturelleGrow Coconut Water or Marshmallow Root, Slippery Elm Bark & Blue Malva Cleansing Conditioners
    LI - KCKT mixed w/ SM C & H Curl & Style Milk
    DC - NG Mango & Coconut H2O or Chamomile/Brdck Root
    Gel - SM souffle (winter), KCCC (summer) or CR Naturals Aloe Whipped Butter Gel (year round)
    Sealers - Virgin Coconut Oil, Avocado butter, Aloe butter
    Ayurvedic treatments - Jamila Henna, Sukesh, Aloe Vera Powder, Hibiscus Powder

event.png
  • lashawnblashawnb Posts: 111Registered Users
    Pending Hit:
    Hair Rules Curly Whip
    This is my first time using this and I really like the consistency. Not quite a cream, not quite a gel. Nice curl definition so far, but it's not dry all the way.

On the Fence:
    Aussie Moist ( GASP...for shame!) :angry3:
    I know, I know...This caked up like white chunks in my hair for some reason...I have no cones build up b/c I WNG daily and have been all CG for the past 3 days. Wasn't really wowed with it for a RO--I am happy with my staples. I had to use my CON to get this out and use Garnier Triple Nutrition the 2nd time around. I will give it another go, and this better work b/c I have the big bottle...which I used for the FIRST time. UGH!
    :wave: hi. i'm a product junkie! so many products, so little time...
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    last full relaxer: 6/10/10 big chop: 11/25/10
    2011 Goal: SL (stretched) = Curly :afro:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    taken 3/30/11
    Hits
    Lustrasilk olive oil cholesterol as a dc
    Lustrasilk shea/mango cholesterol as a leave in/styler

Next time I might try the GF pure clean cream on top just because.

Neutral
    Deity of America shampoo. Only used once so its still to be determined if it works.

Proline comb thru softener on dry hair. Feels weird. Not quite sticky, not quite filmy. I need to try this as a leave in on wet hair...

4a/b cottony/spongy

Lashawn, you can still get product build up without using cones. That's happened to me before and that's when I know it's time to wash. The Shea Moisture Smoothie and KCCC used to cause white clumps when I conditioned the next day something awful!!!

That being said...my hair is still drying but I think I love the new Smoothie. It just feels so much more moisturizing than the old formula! I thought that one was way too oily and buttery.
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Hit:

Figuring out how to use up this huge tub of Eco Styler I have. Mixing castor oil and Tresemme Naturalsin it finally combats the dry feeling I used to have when I washed it out.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fpapiermachecurls" class="Popup

s-event.pngs-event.png
    Possible miss
    Care Free Curl gold hair spray.

Maybe I misunderstood the purpose of this product. All it did was make my hair look shiny and damp. Eh...
    Had to use TW PMB on top to soften my hair up.

4a/b cottony/spongy

• Ashkins1118Ashkins1118 Posts: 786Registered Users
    Hit: Koils by Nature Moisturizing Shealoe Leave in. My hair is so soft, styled with just this and Aloe Butter as a sealant. LOVE this stuff, wish I woulda taken advantage of the Memorial Day sale. 4th of July here I come :happy10:

Miss: Having protein overload (but the KBN took care of that so yaaaay)
    Super Thick corkscrews and waves. LOVE Elucence MBC, Giovanni 50/50 condish, Qhemet Products, V05 Calming Chamomile Tea Therapy condish, Jessicurl WDT. These are my official HG's that I love oh so much
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2FCurlypad%3Ffeature%3Dmhum" class="Popup

comic-p.jpg
    Hit: Koils by Nature Moisturizing Shealoe Leave in. My hair is so soft, styled with just this and Aloe Butter as a sealant. LOVE this stuff, wish I woulda taken advantage of the Memorial Day sale. 4th of July here I come :happy10:

Miss: Having protein overload (but the KBN took care of that so yaaaay)

+10000000! My hair loves this stuff too. :icescream:

Inspired by Keenylicious

Inspired by LeeLee
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    Miss: attempting to join a no buy challenge....lol

Hit: Enso Naturals Twisting pudding. This stuff is the business. Now I'm wishing I'd gotten a larger size during the memorial day sale. Next sale, i'm stocking up on the 32oz of this (yelp its THAT good).
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FPlatinumPJ" class="Popup

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • skraprchikskraprchik Posts: 55Registered Users
    Hit:
    Enso Naturals Olive and Honey Hydrating Butter. I've found my HG of twisting products. Reminds me of when my grandma used to put the Blue Magic on my hair. It definitely has that much shine without the greasy feeling or me staining every piece of furniture I sit on.

Enso Naturals Marshmallow Twisting Pudding. Lighter hold, but almost as good as the Butter for me. I definitely don't regret buying a second container during the sale.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    event.png

My Fotki
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
    Miss:
    As I am Hydration Elation
    As I am Leave-in
    As I am Curl Clarity shampoo
    As I am double butter cream
    As I am hair milk
    As I am curling jelly - no 2nd day hair. My hair was a dry frizzy mess even after spraying with water and SOTC. This is NO KCCC!
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
  • Nappy_curly_crownNappy_curly_crown Posts: 4,162Registered Users
    Sassy were those little teeny samples enough for you to decide if you liked the product or not? Cause when I saw 1/2 ounce samples I was giving my computer the stank eye while thinking "that ain't enough to stick in a knat's eye"
    Wanna talk products? Come Join us here!

Extremely thick, kinky curls/coils that have a mind of thier own!!!!

12459237.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sassywillowsassywillow Posts: 829Registered Users
    Sassy were those little teeny samples enough for you to decide if you liked the product or not? Cause when I saw 1/2 ounce samples I was giving my computer the stank eye while thinking "that ain't enough to stick in a knat's eye"
    NCC, the conditioner, leave-in, shampoos, jelly and butter cream were all 1 oz. I had more than enough of the condish and poo to make an evaluation of both. I have thin hair. I would say that if you have thick hair, the 1 oz samples may not be enough.
    Ah...to be a well pampered pootiecat. I can sleep on my owner's lap. Roll over on my back when I want my stomach rubbed. Purr with delight. Suddenly jump off and walk away for no reason. Not respond when I am called. Throw my leg up and lick with intense abandon. Sleep 85% of the time. Hang my head off the couch and view the world upside down.:laughing5:
  • Chicago KinksChicago Kinks Posts: 2,747Registered Users
    Hit - AV Fruit something Souffle...my 3rd day braid out is boss fly today. Its blowing in this Chicago Wind and just a shake puts it back in place plus its super soft and I haven't moiturized yet.

Miss - AV Fruit something Souffle...the floral smell is super strong and not for the sensitive nose. I almost had to sleep on the couch but the smell faded a lot by the end of the 2nd day. Day 3 the smell is still there but not strong.

vIa mY cURl TaLk ApP
    **sophisticated ignorance, I type my cuss words in cursive**

Current Rotation (always changing): Curl Junkie Curl Rehab as my Leave-In, Blended Beauty Happy Nappy Styles, Entwine Argan Oil, Bobeam Shampoo Bars, QB CTDG and QB AHTB, UFD Curly Magic, B.A.S.K Anything.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.platinumpj.com" class="Popup
    @PlatinumPJ
  • CerendipityCerendipity Posts: 5,091Registered Users
    Miss

Dyeing my hair, it is now a hot mess of dryness, and ive been too busy to really deep condition like I need
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    Hit: Enso Naturals Twisting pudding. This stuff is the business. Now I'm wishing I'd gotten a larger size during the memorial day sale. Next sale, i'm stocking up on the 32oz of this (yelp its THAT good).

Looking at the ingredients, it looks like Miss Jessie's Pudding. It's about time someone gave them a run for their money.
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • lashawnblashawnb Posts: 111Registered Users
    Lashawn, you can still get product build up without using cones. That's happened to me before and that's when I know it's time to wash. The Shea Moisture Smoothie and KCCC used to cause white clumps when I conditioned the next day something awful!!!
    Now, girl...you know I have been washing with CON don't you...don't you?? LOL

No, seriously...I didn't wash that morning, but I had washed the day before. Because I'm trying so much different stuff, I have been trying to keep 'clean' about 2x a week. Anyway, at that time I only had 1 'day' of product on my head...and it was PWG and a little Eco on top. That was just weird...hadn't happened like that before and didn't happen this morning when I cowashed with Darcy's. Oh well, I ain't giving up yet. It'll come back around in the rotation soon!
    :wave: hi. i'm a product junkie! so many products, so little time...
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    last full relaxer: 6/10/10 big chop: 11/25/10
    2011 Goal: SL (stretched) = Curly :afro:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    taken 3/30/11
    Hits:
    • Curl Keeper!! Delicious as a finisher, really takes down frizz. This is going to be my staple summer finisher since it has glycerin.
    • Hand Dry Towel: Flipped my head over and scrunched - really got out the excess product without mussing my hair up - wet whiteness averted.

Pending Hit:
    • Mixed Chicks Kids Leave-In Conditioner: More of a cream gel than the adult version, doesn't smell like crap. For extra frizz control I think I would like it better with a finisher w/o glycerin though, since glycerin is the second ingred. My hair was almost too soft.
    YouTube
  • pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    Hit:
    - Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol with Honey as a DC. Extremely moisturized happy hair.

- Using a leave in and some oil and just letting my hair be.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fpapiermachecurls" class="Popup

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • afrosheenqueenafrosheenqueen Posts: 5,400Registered Users
    Hits:

- Dr. Bronner's Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse - I found this to be better than ACV for my after-shampoo bar rinse.

- Sue Maesta hood

- Dress Green Sweet Orange Shampoo Bar with Meadowfaom & Jojoba oil
    4a/b Texlaxed hair w/ highlights. Medium texture & high porosity.

HG's: CJ Daily Fix, Bobeam Cheris Hibiscus shampoo bar, KC Spiral Spritz, Knot Today, CJ Rehab, KBB LL Hair Mask, Cassia, KCCC, oil blend of Avocado, Camellia, Jojoba, & Meadowfoam oils

SL APL BSL MBL
  • CocoTCocoT Posts: 5,330Registered Users
    Preliminary hit
    Komaza Care Califia Moisturizing Cream. This stuff is really nice. My hair soaked it right up and my hair feels so friggin soft. This cream is very hydrating. When I rubbed it into my hair it was like I can feel my hair being infused with moisture. It was really nice. I'm gonna try this and the califia pudding fresh after a wash and DC, in the same way I use my Qhemet AOHC and HBTSG for twists. I'm very impressed. I'm kinda mad that I only got samples of this stuff. I hope I have enough to do my whole head.

Possible Miss
    This Komaza Care Vitamin Reign. It doesn't eff up my hair or anything but it just feels like I'm spraying water on my hair. Nothing special at all. Ya, I've only used it once (I got all these products in the mail today.lol) but this stuff will probably not be a repurchase. I'm gonna use this stuff up though.
    11.gif
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds
    -Albert Einstein
    Discounts:iHerb: EZA283 for $5 off!, OCO522 for $10 off first purchase | Komaza Care Referral Code: J5Q362VG
    Hit:
    Koils By Nature Shealoe Leave In reverting some of my heat damaged sections. They went from -1a to coily 3c/4a sections. And the 1a sections turned to 2b sections.
    Woot woot! :wav:

Inspired by Keenylicious

Inspired by LeeLee
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    Hit:
    Koils By Nature Shealoe Leave In reverting some of my heat damaged sections. They went from -1a to coily 3c/4a sections. And the 1a sections turned to 2b sections.
    Woot woot! :wav:

Yay!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • NaturalistaNaturalista Posts: 5,491Registered Users
    As I am double butter cream for refreshing/ retwisting. Great moisture.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
    Type: 3c with some 4a highlighted
    Low porosity thick/coarse texture. nml elasticity
    Routine: No rules, just happy hair

Cleanse: CJDF, Prell, LUSH Curly Wurly, Bobeam
    LI/RO:BBB, CJ, SheaM, HEHIS, Garnier, KBN Shealoe, CD Chocolat, Oyin HH
    Styling: CJ, CR, UFD, Zuresh, Ecostyler,MJ
    PT/DT: BBB, CJ, Lather, MJSSB

HUGE PJJJJJJJJ!!!!:love4:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]]
    Facebook|Twitter
  • sweetcurly1920sweetcurly1920 Posts: 42Registered Users
    Hits: Rollersetting! I finally did my first one and I love it this will definitely be a staple this summer :-) (I'm probably late to get on the bandwagon lol), Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo, Elasta-QP Feels Like Silk Design Foam

Potential Hit: Ampro Mango Marmalade Shine Serum, Creme of Nature Argan Oil Leave-In Conditioner, Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Misses: TBD, hopefully I won't have any :-)
    Hair Type: Who knows?:dontknow:
    Last Relaxer: Spring 2008 (idk what date)
    BC'd: January 15, 2010

Transitioned: Spring 2008 - January 2010 - 18+ mos.