CurlTalk

Anyone had a gel manicure?

JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
Silly me decided to get it without researching and now I'm worried it's unsafe. I've had some weird mild pain in my hand that I haven't felt before. I'm sorta freaking out, don't know if it's the nails or just being tired and dehydrated from the weekend (my whole body is a bit sore).

Comments

• WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    Girl, I think you are delirious.
    We've been talking about this for a while :cherry:
    I have the gelish stuff on my nails & they still look killer weeks later 8-)
    Have had no issues. :dontknow:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• JosephineJosephine Posts: 14,175Registered Users
    Oh we have? Don't get me wrong, they look fabulous and havent started chipping at all yet as french usually does after a few days. But I won't be getting it again. Dont like the idea of chemicals 'curing' into my nails under uv light. I am delirious, I've had no sleep!
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    I have a friend who swears acrylic nails made her chronically ill.
    I have lupus and wore acrylics for a couple years. She would lecture me all the time to have my nails removed. Remove the nails and I'd be cured! LOL

Well, removed the nails 2 years ago for other reasons and surprise!, I'm not cured.
    Girl, I think you are delirious.
    We've been talking about this for a while :cherry:
    I have the gelish stuff on my nails & they still look killer weeks later 8-)
    Have had no issues. :dontknow:

Do you always have your nails did? Is it that bad getting the gel polish off? I read that sometimes they have to scrape your nails.
    shocking.gif
    I asked a gazillion questions before entering into this.
    They wonderful ladies at the salon kept trying to convince me to do this, so last month I caved.
    There was no mention of scraping..... :sad2:
    yes, I am a virgin at this

:lol:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

shocking.gif
    I asked a gazillion questions before entering into this.
    They wonderful ladies at the salon kept trying to convince me to do this, so last month I caved.
    There was no mention of scraping..... :sad2:
    yes, I am a virgin at this

:lol:

Haha, love that I'm getting to bug you about this. What color did you get? I got french, unfortunately it's not the best french i've had but it's okay. I love that it hasn't faded at the tip yet and it's been 4 days already!
    :D
    The number they had was #13...yes, how ironic!
    It was a lot like OPI java mauva [sp]....love...it!
    0004.gif

0004.gif