CurlTalk

doing my big chop today!!!

alananiicolealananiicole Posts: 3Registered Users
I've been transitioning for 6 months and today I'm doing my big chop.... in 4 hours!! I'm sooo nervous!!! But I'm also excited! Any last minute advice for me?! Woke up this morning feeling like I need a pep talk!! How did you feel on your big chop day?!

Alana

Comments

• pprMACHEheartpprMACHEheart Posts: 1,665Registered Users
    You'll be fine and congrats on your BC. I didn't wake up knowing I was going to do my BC, I just decided once I got to the salon that I would, so I did. I felt amazing afterwards and I think it was the best feeling seeing my curls in all their glory.
    last relaxer; 082708, BC; 081810, CG; 122410
    high porosity, med/coarse texture, high density, color treated
    condish;TN, DevaCurl Heaven in Hair stylers; Heaven in Hair, DevaCurl Curl Cream oils;Castor Oil

YTChannel: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fuser%2Fpapiermachecurls" class="Popup

s-event.pngs-event.png
  • reCoiledreCoiled Posts: 21Registered Users
    Well, how did it go? I'm envious, my chop is in 2 weeks! I never thought I'd chop, but two textures is torture and I can't stand it any more. Congratulations, and I'm joining you soon. Rock those curls!

Sent from my PC36100 using CurlTalk App
    3c/4a (too short to tell), Normal porosity, M/C
    BC: 06/10/11 CG: 06/22/11
    :occasion7:
    SheaM Poo, AOHR, KCKT, KCCC, homemade DTs
  • alananiicolealananiicole Posts: 3Registered Users
    honestly, it went well! I was still super nervous once I got to the salon and when she did the first cut my heart sank, but once i saw my curls I knew I made the right choice. Then after leaving the salon I went through seriously 50 different emotions. Ha!! I would walk by stores and see my reflection and think I CANNOT believe thats actually me!! I loved it and then I hated it.. then i loved it again. Then I was pouting to my boyfriend that i looked like a boy. Then I would look in the mirror again and be like wait this is bad ass i LOVE IT!! I woke up this morning and I still loved it :) i'll post pics soon. i'm new to this whole bulletin thing and they didn't show up when i tried to post them.

how long have you been transitioning? i had my braids out for 2 weeks and i was like oh I'm doing the BC whether i'm ready or not I could not deal with the two textures!
  • alananiicolealananiicole Posts: 3Registered Users
    You'll be fine and congrats on your BC. I didn't wake up knowing I was going to do my BC, I just decided once I got to the salon that I would, so I did. I felt amazing afterwards and I think it was the best feeling seeing my curls in all their glory.

you were totally right! The moment i saw my curls I knew it was worth it! Even though I was still shocked at how short my hair was ;-)
  • reCoiledreCoiled Posts: 21Registered Users
    My last relaxed was Dec 23, so I guess that's 5 months. I did do the BKT twice since then, but it is reverting (with my help). I am cutting the day before my wedding anniversary, and I'm afraid I'll be thinking about my hair (or lack thereof) during our date!

I have not had long hair in a long time, so moderately short is not new to me. What is new is going down to probably about 4 inches that look like one because of so much shrinkage. That is what I am afraid of. Someone needs to make a straight-to-curly conversion chart for us transitioners; I've seen short twas that I like, bit find myself wondering how much length is there. I guess I won't really know what will work for me till my chop.

Thankfully my husband is supportive and agrees I should just do what is best for my hair and not worry about the length. I made a vow last weekend that I would not sacrifice my new hair for the sake of styling my relaxed hair. So I have been styling heat free, which has basically meant pulling it back and pinning it up, so I am getting used to not having any hair framing my face.

Thanks for sharing your ups and downs it helps to know I can expect a roller coaster. Can't wait for your pics!
    3c/4a (too short to tell), Normal porosity, M/C
    BC: 06/10/11 CG: 06/22/11
    :occasion7:
    SheaM Poo, AOHR, KCKT, KCCC, homemade DTs
  • luvlynaturalluvlynatural Posts: 2Registered Users
    I am in between when it comes to the big chop i wanna do it so bad but i dnt wanna do it and not like it

Sent from my HTC Glacier using CurlTalk App