Vinegar helps acne?

JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
I know we've had lots of acne posts lately, but this is a topic I havent seen discussed. I'm suddenly having major issues with acne on my back. I haven't had this problem in years and with my wedding exactly 2 months away I'm starting to stress about it. I just did a quick google search and came up with a couple of different sources saying that vinegar cured their bacne. Does anyone have experience with this? I'm going to give it a try diluted in a spray bottle with water and a little tea tree oil since that was one way that was recommended, but I'd love to hear if anyone has had success with this.

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I heard from a Mac makeup artist that ACV cured her (facial) acne.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Vinegar was one of the many many things I tried over the years I suffered with acne. It didn't help.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    dp
  • Lotsa loopsLotsa loops Posts: 130Registered Users
    I've struggled with severe acne for years, and the only things that's worked has been topical creams prescribed by a doctor. Good luck in your wedding!
    Hair Type: I was thinking thick, fine 3A, but honestly I have no clue! I do know I have a super flat top, and frizz on the sides.
    No - Poo Shampoo: Kiss My Face Whenever Shampoo
    Conditioner: Burt's Bees More Moisture Condish
    Products: Kiss My Face Upper Management Gel, AG Recoil Curl Activator
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Well, I've been using the vinegar spray (50/50 ACV and water) all week (4 days I think), and so far I don't have any new blemishes on my back! I'm also using benzoyl peroxide at night and a salicylic acid body wash in the morning. It could be a coincidence and who knows if it will stay this way, but I'm going to continue it and see how it goes.

• pedahehpedaheh Posts: 4,812Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    On makeupalley.com there are lots of reviews for brags apple cider vinegar as a toner (diluted, I believe). You should find good info there. I'll add the link, but you may need to be a member to view it. Membership is free.
    http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemId=52238&skintonetype=-2&AgeRange=0&SortBy=helpful
    http://pedaheh.blogspot.com/ (a blog to help new wavies, go to the how do I get started page)
    2a (nc.com) 2bFi (Fia), very fine, thin, low/normal elasticity, porous, CG, doesn't get weighed down
    Cowash: Tresemme naturals
    Rinse out/leave in: Renpure Organics (red)
    Curl enhancer: FSG
    Gel: BRHG, Salon care aloe, Ecostyler Krystal (normal dews)
    PT: ION effective care, IAgirl's gelatin PT
    Low Poo: renpure (red), Ion swimmers
  • Nw_glam503Nw_glam503 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Glycolic acid peels work great for face and body.....use for six weeks and then off for six weeks and so on.....but check it out or ask a skin care professional about the pros and cons.....

Sent from my SCH-I500 using CurlTalk App
  • JayneeJaynee Posts: 2,039Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I just wanted to update in case anyone else can be helped by this. I gave up the vinegar; it was too stinky and wasn't really helping. But, 2 or 3 weeks ago I started taking sea salt baths just about every night and I haven't had a new blemish in over a week! The skin on my back is smooth and while there are still lots of visible scars, there are no red bumps. Finally!

• fetusfetus Posts: 100Registered Users
    I'm trying out a diluted ACV toner right now. Haven't noticed any difference yet. I will definitely try out the sea salt baths!
    Sent from my computer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file